Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights

And anyone who bought a Lukaku shirt first time round will be happy 🤣🤣🤪💙

1 hour ago, chara said:

That Ham is GOLD!

About the disgraceful kit etc..... one of my concerns for a long time has been the obvious lack of dubbin on the footballs...and the boots...... would explain a lot of things...

At 11 years old and just changing schools I was "conkering" up a tree when a branch broke and I was heading ..literally..downwards..I grabbed a branch but still went down only breaking my wrist and ankle...limped home with the help of a friend and missed eventually most of the First term sports...the "punishment" for such carelessness was spending all the games/PE  applying dubbin to all the school footballs etc...can still remember the smell and feel of the wonderful stuff...anyone else old enough to remember that..?

And apologies for going off topic....but the issues have been beaten to death....any news of signing Caramello from Juve? 

Ah, dubbin... but for me it was with rugby boots not football boots. And linseed oil in the summer for the cricket bats.

Kezza   
27 minutes ago, chelboy said:

It’s the other players that have to step up in the goal department if we are to challenge. I don’t think Lukaku tally alone can get us the title ( unless he hits something like 35 PL goals)  but he certainly pushes us higher. 

For the price he better get those numbers or close to it. It's Ronaldo price territory we are talking about here. And no please don't compare to Grealish as they don't really do sensible deals over there.

14 minutes ago, Kezza said:

For the price he better get those numbers or close to it. It's Ronaldo price territory we are talking about here. And no please don't compare to Grealish as they don't really do sensible deals over there.

The market is the market, you can't not use someone as an example because it does not suit your agenda.

chelboy   
17 minutes ago, Kezza said:

35 PL goals. Are you having a laugh?  Those numbers are nearly impossible to get. I would be happy with 20 PL goals. That’s usually a title winning tally for your lead goal scorer. 

Kezza   
25 minutes ago, chelboy said:

35 PL goals. Are you having a laugh?  Those numbers are nearly impossible to get. I would be happy with 20 PL goals. That’s usually a title winning tally for your lead goal scorer. 

35 goals for PL is a stretch and exaggerated. But Suarez got 31 in 13/14 , Kane 29 in 16/17, RvP 30 in 11/12, Drogba 29 in 10/11 and CR 31 in 07/08. Not unrealistic to reach the number 30 if you are a top top striker.

To reach 20 is the bare minimal and expected of a striker leading a top team.

So for that price we need him at the level reached by the strikers who surpassed 30 goals.

With the creativity in the team now he has all the possibilities to reach that. So not that crazy.

Edited by Kezza

7 minutes ago, Kezza said:

35 goals for PL is a stretch and exaggerated. But Suarez got 31 in 13/14 , Kane 29 in 16/17, RvP 30 in 11/12, Drogba 29 in 10/11 and CR 31 in 07/08. Not unrealistic to reach the number 30 if you are a top top striker.

To reach 20 is the bare minimal and expected of a striker leading a top team.

So for that price we need him at the level reached by the strikers who surpassed 30 goals.

With the creativity in the team now he has all the possibilities to reach that. So not that crazy.

So 3 players in 15 odd years have scored 30+ goals and none of them 35 and that is the target you set him?

How many times have we won the league? How many times did we have a player score 35 goals?

it Looks like a disappointing transfer window for us .I personally think lukaku is not world class and will be a flop . We can’t get rid of are deadwood. Still hopeful we sign a defender and a midfielder with a bit of height and power .