Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We desperately need a player who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis , Lukaku may well be the one . At the very least it will be someone else for the opposition to worry about , particularly when our entire midfield do not ever score from open play . 

I'm fully expecting the board to want us to properly challenge for the league and robustly defend the CL too , I think that would be even more difficult relying on Werner and Tammy , neither are rubbish but imho Lukaku is a step up and when we aren't getting Haaland the best of the rest . Plus , he actually WANTS to come .

And for once when he says he supports the club he signed for as a boy it’s actually true! 

37 minutes ago, Ham said:

Imagine how much we'll enjoy watching him at City in a year's time .

They can play him with Kane and their sixty central attacking midfielders.

• Haha 1

Sir   

Not quite as easy as typing it, but I truly wish we would get Haaland. This season or next.

36 minutes ago, Sir said:

Not quite as easy as typing it, but I truly wish we would get Haaland. This season or next.

Lukaku deal looks done though. So it would be illogical unless Lukaku turns out to be a flop which is unlikely. 

Well. Would’ve been a good deal at half the price. Not sure how we justify 100m though.  Don’t know why we didn’t push the boat out and get Haaland. This summer was our best chance. His age and resale value would have made the numbers add up. Or am I missing something here? 

Lukaku.. we really are as dumb as we appear to be in the transfer market

This is right up there with shevy and Torres for paying way  too much for the right player at the wrong time..

As much as I'd like to do bad things to Marina's rude bits she needs a head wobble over this one.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well. Would’ve been a good deal at half the price. Not sure how we justify 100m though.  Don’t know why we didn’t push the boat out and get Haaland. This summer was our best chance. His age and resale value would have made the numbers add up. Or am I missing something here? 

Well, just that he wasn't interested, and his club wasn't interested. Hard to do a deal when that's the case, isn't it?

23 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

Lukaku.. we really are as dumb as we appear to be in the transfer market

This is right up there with shevy and Torres for paying way  too much for the right player at the wrong time..

As much as I'd like to do bad things to Marina's rude bits she needs a head wobble over this one.

it smacks of desperation. and it is amazing we should be so. What is wrong with brand Chelsea?

Edited by exiledblue

24 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

When a club aren't minded to sell AND the player doesn't fancy the move anyway, I'm not sure quite what you expect to happen other than the player staying put for another season.