Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

When a club aren't minded to sell AND the player doesn't fancy the move anyway, I'm not sure quite what you expect to happen other than the player staying put for another season.

Although Alfe Inge is taunting us tonight by suggesting that we could have got him at the right price.  

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Although Alfe Inge is taunting us tonight by suggesting that we could have got him at the right price.  

So what is the 'right price'?

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

So what is the 'right price'?

We'll if Lukaku is worth £97.5m then taking haaand's age into account and his generational talent status then I'd say all of the reported £200m to include Raiola and dad's payments. 

Genuinely. 

Why? What do you think he's worth?

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

We'll if Lukaku is worth £97.5m then taking haaand's age into account and his generational talent status then I'd say all of the reported £200m to include Raiola and dad's payments. 

Genuinely. 

Thanks, and that probably makes sense.  Although, as any player can break a leg first game out for his new club, or simply fail to settle, it''s a big risk.

Why? What do you think he's worth?

My guess would have been something akin to Lukaku. Although  don't believe that either player is really worth that sort of money. Throw Grealish into that too.

It is bitter to see Haaland get a hat trick the day we have confirmation of Lukaku signing but alas. Haaland clearly didn't want to be here and Dortmund were never interested in selling him this window. Not a fan of Lukaku but if he does his job and gets us 20+ league goals I'm sure that will change. He will also feel like he has unfinished business here which can work in our favour, especially considering that he seems to be an emotional type of guy that wears his heart on his sleeve.

It has been an underwhelming window no doubt but nothing was going to top last summer. It feels almost greedy wanting another blockbuster window after the one we had last time.

Leo91   

Obviously our allure and pockets aren't deep enough compared to PSG and even Man City. Lukaku doesn't feel like a blockbuster name but the money is. 

19 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58122156

Reading the comments, and majority seem to think Kane's crawling back to Spurs with his tail between his legs now that he thinks a move seems unlikely.

Feel sorry for him - he deserves a shot at a big club.

Business is not personal. It seems that Kane never learnt that lesson or has found out the hard way. The entire notion of a gentleman’s agreement’ is hilariously naive and exposes the silliness in signing a 6yr deal at the prime age of 25 to stay at Spurs of all clubs. His agent (brother, father or whomever) should’ve inserted the get out of jail clauses when Kane had Spurs at his mercy. Anyway, Jose once complained to Levy that Kane was too much of a nice guy. Levy apparently didn’t forget. 

16 hours ago, didierforever said:

True. Much better to sign an injury prone 33 year old who scored 6 goals last season instead of a striker in his prime who led his team to a serie a for a team that had not won it in more than a decade. 

😂😂

Btw I love the whole charade. "We need goals", "we need goals", "we should **** up our mid to get a goal scoring CM". We get one of the best goal scoring striker in the world. "We are doomed", "get this guy or that guy", "why are we getting a great goal scoring striker" 😂😂

Dear god.

Lol. Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. In the meantime everyone assumes that Haaland was interested in coming to Chelsea while his heart is likely set elsewhere. 

kratos   
1 hour ago, Tammy's right foot said:

It is bitter to see Haaland get a hat trick the day we have confirmation of Lukaku signing but alas. Haaland clearly didn't want to be here and Dortmund were never interested in selling him this window. Not a fan of Lukaku but if he does his job and gets us 20+ league goals I'm sure that will change. He will also feel like he has unfinished business here which can work in our favour, especially considering that he seems to be an emotional type of guy that wears his heart on his sleeve.

It has been an underwhelming window no doubt but nothing was going to top last summer. It feels almost greedy wanting another blockbuster window after the one we had last time.

Unfortunately I think we tried but it just wasn't to be.

I have no doubt the lad is incredibly talented and I can see at city next season.

I will admit Lukaku wasn't my first choice but there isn't a plethora of prolific strikers that are available.

So after 10 years, let's celebrate when Rom finally breaks his duck for chelsea fc.

• Like 1

Kezza   

The thing about this signing is we ruled ourselves out of the running for Haaland next summer. I can see Utd going all in for him as they won't have a proper striker by then.