Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Liam w   
4 hours ago, chelboy said:

Who really plays rwb very well? Compare it to Chilwell and Alonso who have looked better in lwb. James plays it like a rb rather than rwb, CHO looks better on the left side, on the right he plays it too safe, Azpi lacks skill on the ball to be a constant threat, we have options for rwb but none are very convincing. It seems TT even gave Azpi a go towards the end. 

I think a lot of people underestimate how good James is at going forward, he is strong off and on the ball.

I would go as far to say he has got a better cross delivery then anyone else on the team in open play, his set pieces need a bit of work mind you 

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Liam w said:

I think a lot of people underestimate how good James is at going forward, he is strong off and on the ball.

I would go as far to say he has got a better cross delivery then anyone else on the team in open play, his set pieces need a bit of work mind you 

He’s good on the ball, my issue is how he plays the rwb role. He doesn’t get up and down as good as others. He plays it like a RB, he doesn’t really join the attacks. 

6 hours ago, Wolfie Smith said:

The squad has a number of player who can play that position

A WC CB who can play/lead a back 4 is what the squad lacks.  As it stands the current squad is not capable of switching to a solid back 4.

Agreed. For all the “world class” CBs we supposedly have, it’s damning none of them apart from Silva looks good in a back 4. 

Rudiger and Christensen predominantly. They both looked half-decent under Conte in a back 5, useless for Sarri and Lamps in a back 4 and the good in Tuchels back 5. 

I’d be massively surprised if TT ever switches to a back 4 with the current CB set-up. I think he’ll be content and try to work around the lack of real wing backs rather than seeing the team collapse with a back 4. Credit for him seeing that and adjusting. 

bert19   
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Agreed. For all the “world class” CBs we supposedly have, it’s damning none of them apart from Silva looks good in a back 4. 

Rudiger and Christensen predominantly. They both looked half-decent under Conte in a back 5, useless for Sarri and Lamps in a back 4 and the good in Tuchels back 5. 

I’d be massively surprised if TT ever switches to a back 4 with the current CB set-up. I think he’ll be content and try to work around the lack of real wing backs rather than seeing the team collapse with a back 4. Credit for him seeing that and adjusting. 

I definitely feel like we need at least one different system to implement when we need goals now though.  That's my only worry.  Being able to utilise a back four in order to add more firepower would be really handy 

Liam w   
40 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He’s good on the ball, my issue is how he plays the rwb role. He doesn’t get up and down as good as others. He plays it like a RB, he doesn’t really join the attacks. 

according to the PL website he made 253 crosses in 56 appearances that's 4.5 crosses a game, that's better then Chillwells 3.75 and better than Alonsos 2.98

how is he not getting forward better than others? you can't cross the ball without getting up and down the pitch?

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else that said it earlier and I can't be bothered to look but it was said earlier that he don't get forward as well as Chillwell or Alonso

23 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I definitely feel like we need at least one different system to implement when we need goals now though.  That's my only worry.  Being able to utilise a back four in order to add more firepower would be really handy 

Don’t disagree with that. We didn’t really create much against Villarreal. Granted it’s early and they have probably had a better pre-season than us with more players from the actual team participating. 

The chief issue with this team last season was lack of goals. I’m not sure how this can be rectified in the 523/3421 we play but hopefully the inclusion of Lukaku will go some way rectifying that. 

3 hours ago, Diddymen said:

There are rumours floating around that Lukaku will need to isolate. Not sure how true these are mind

I was expecting the signing to be announced today. Latest news is saying the paperwork is with the clubs lawyers and unlikely to be be finished by Friday so he will not feature in the squad for thePalace game.

56 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

The adjustment might be good but is it good enough in the PL to get a minimum of 20pts improvement this season.

Liam w   

officially confirmed, Lukaku re signs for chelsea....who saw that coming this last week

• Haha 1

chelboy   
29 minutes ago, Liam w said:

according to the PL website he made 253 crosses in 56 appearances that's 4.5 crosses a game, that's better then Chillwells 3.75 and better than Alonsos 2.98

how is he not getting forward better than others? you can't cross the ball without getting up and down the pitch?

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else that said it earlier and I can't be bothered to look but it was said earlier that he don't get forward as well as Chillwell or Alonso

I feel like a good amount of those could have been when he was playing RB under Frank and we mostly played down that side during that time, from what I saw last season no one was really able to claim Rwb position, I think the reason for why TT switched James and Azpi from rcb to rwb was because James didn’t really get up and down as good as Azpi on that side. Perhaps I’m wrong but towards the end of last season it seemed that way.