Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

This may sound weird but Marina is a looker. How is she such a fierce businesswoman as well.

Not weird at all mate, she is a stunner and obviously an incredible business person

Rob B   
4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

While the stats may say he made n number of crosses, where he made those crosses from is just as pertinent.

I'm just going on memory here, but most were from somewhere between the halfway line and the edge of the box, not from the byline. I don't think enough of his crosses come from high enough up the pitch. As I said, that's just from memory. I'm sure one of the stats bores will be along any second now...

^ This 

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Being a WB is NOT about getting up and down - never has been.  Azpi is left in the wrong half plenty of times, but no one criticises him because he is Azpi so it much be management tactics and not laziness.     Being a WB is about knowing that you will be covered by the extra CB when you go.  

I'm with Chelboy, James doesn't fit the Conte or TT WB role (but probably fits the Southgate RB role better).  The trial of James at RCB was a good idea I thought.  

Cross numbers - the deeper you stay the more likely you are to make crosses.  The closer to the by-line you get  the more likely you will lose the ball or your cross will get blocked at source.  So no surprise that James's cross numbers are high.

….and also this. 

Reece is a brilliant footballer and a great crosser in particular but he’s a very safe RWB.  Rarely does he break the opposition defensive line or make a diagonal run into the box that will pull players out of position.  

As a result of this we will find teams difficult to break down at times as we don’t take many risks from players outside of the front three.  Conversely, we won’t concede many because 6-7 of the team are always in a strong defensive shape that is difficult to counter against - hence lots of low scoring 1-0 type result under TT.  

IMO Reece’s long term position is RB or RCB

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

[SNIP]

Reece is a brilliant footballer and a great crosser in particular but he’s a very safe RWB.  Rarely does he break the opposition defensive line or make a diagonal run into the box that will pull players out of position.  

As a result of this we will find teams difficult to break down at times as we don’t take many risks from players outside of the front three.  Conversely, we won’t concede many because 6-7 of the team are always in a strong defensive shape that is difficult to counter against - hence lots of low scoring 1-0 type result under TT.  

IMO Reece’s long term position is RB or RCB

If we don't get Kounde, I can see Reece James playing RCB more and more as the season goes on. When Azpilicuetta plays RB or (on only a very few occasions) RWB he gets very high up the pitch or gets in the box, thereby offering another body high up. Reece James doesn't do it nearly enough. Given his speed and muscularity, it is a great shame that he doesn't. When Alonso plays, he gets in the box and is a real threat. Others should copy his example.

On 12/08/2021 at 8:30 AM, Droy was my hero said:

All what?  And what was blah blah?

some of our forum members said it was all talk, that he wasnt going anywhere, what did they base their opinions on I wondered, nothing more nothing less Droy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I’m with Chelboy, James doesn't fit the Conte or TT WB role

Tic Toc James & Mount 

Edited by Wolfie Smith
A Leopard cannot change its spots
  • Like 1

Liam w   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - the WB is about making a Front Five, not a back Five.  Certainly the way Conte and TT play it.
This video is very good.  Steve Holland explaining what we did (and how other teams have created 5 attackers)

No - a wing back is about making a Front 5  AND A back 5 the clue is in the name mate, break down the name wing back its a hybrid between the old winger and the old full back.

Yes some coaches can request you put more emphasis on one then the other but under TT this is changeable against teams like citeh we have spells where the emphasis is on the offensive and spells where it is defensive. What TT also likes to do is overload one side so when the ball is on the left he likes to have chillwell sit more attacking and James hold back 10 or 15 yards and tuck in slightly more central and when the ball is on the right James will go forward and chilly will sit back 10 or 15 yards and tuck in slightly more central.

I reckon about 65% of our attacks go through the left so you will see alonso/chilwell further forward more often then James but he can and does get forward to great effect.

I understand the difference between full back and wing back very well it was this evolution that brought an end to my ameture playing days. I was always a right footed left back. You used to have to be the most brutal player on the pitch but for very short bursts, the WB role we see nowadays isn't as about being a brick wall that people bounce off or trying to break opponents legs or face but you have got to be super fit it is about running up and down literally all game which is something I would never of been able to do but James has got the brickwall attributes and the stamina to play a wing back. So yes he can play RCB, RB and RWB but it depends on what he has been asked to do he is also very capable at CDM and RCM. He only plays where and how he's told to, he does a job and then goes home.

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights

I’ve just remembered that Barca spent £140m on Coutinho.

We bought Kai and Timo for that with enough left over for a big weekend with Marina in Moscow. 

Let that sink in. 

Kezza   

Liking how Marina is becoming a hot (and hormone inducing) subject in these discussions and rightly so! She's hot, respected and highly intelligent. Other clubs look on in envy.

I remembered same sentiment with Eva Caneiro.

Edited by Kezza

Liam w   
4 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Liking how Marina is becoming a hot subject in these discussions and rightly so! She's hot, respected and highly intelligent. Other clubs look on in envy.

I remembered same sentiment with Eva Caneiro.

Haha my wife was so jealous of Eva I used to watch a match then re wind and make my own personal highlight show of everytime Eva was shown on TV it used to piss my wife off because I also used to commentate. Yes she was super hot but I only used to do it to wind my wife up because my wife didn't like it whenever I mentioned her