Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The CM area is the one that really worries me. It seems inevitable that Kante will miss various chunks of games through injury and we don’t really have anyone to cover him when he’s not there, in the role he plays foe the team. Kovacic can come in and I think does well, but if we were to lose 2 of the CM 3 for any length of time, we’re in trouble. RLC can cover, but no more than cover, same goes for Mount. Chalobah could do a job, but we don’t want someone ‘doing a job’ for too many games.

Yes.  But I think Mount can more than cover.  RLC might work for special teams - ie when you are a player up or need a goal, but Havertz or Ziyech would do that better.  Likewise Chalobah when we want a defensive selection, but I'm pretty sure Azpi would be better.  Or Ampadu is he is still here.
And of course James

My choices (this season) go Jorginho, Kante, Kova, Mount, James, Azpi, RLC/Chalobah/Ziyech   (in that order)
I don't think we are short on flexibility for CM.  We are just short on player totals and long on options at CB.

12 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Not given a squad number. It doesn't seem anyone at the club, who has a say, agrees.

I know that he is on the 'out' list but, he can cut it as a squad player. Before he left us he was in form then and villa he started off great until getting injured. Pre season games with us he showed he was above the other squad players. I know he won't be considered but, I think it shows the strength in depth that he isn't being considered.

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  But I think Mount can more than cover.  RLC might work for special teams - ie when you are a player up or need a goal, but Havertz or Ziyech would do that better.  Likewise Chalobah when we want a defensive selection, but I'm pretty sure Azpi would be better.  Or Ampadu is he is still here.
And of course James

My choices (this season) go Jorginho, Kante, Kova, Mount, James, Azpi, RLC/Chalobah/Ziyech   (in that order)
I don't think we are short on flexibility for CM.  We are just short on player totals and long on options at CB.

Have to admit though, that if we dont get a CM and a CB, we are short of really good options in case of an injury. While we do have players for cover, it would end up costing us a bit in terms of overall stability (not unlike liverpool last season). 

Those 2 players can prove the difference between title challenge and title winners.

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
12 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We still have RLC (unless I’ve missed something) who could cover one of the AM tiles if needed and could do a job as CM 4/5 if needed and I’d guess if nobody else comes in at CM, he’ll be the man sticking around to act as cover.

My guess is that TT is going to play Mount, Lukaku and Havertz as much as he can and then Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech are the back ups, unless one of them can force TT to pick them more often, so with CHO and RLC able to back up those positions, I think we’re ok from an attacking sense.

The CM area is the one that really worries me. It seems inevitable that Kante will miss various chunks of games through injury and we don’t really have anyone to cover him when he’s not there, in the role he plays foe the team. Kovacic can come in and I think does well, but if we were to lose 2 of the CM 3 for any length of time, we’re in trouble. RLC can cover, but no more than cover, same goes for Mount. Chalobah could do a job, but we don’t want someone ‘doing a job’ for too many games.

RLC is imo finished at this level through no fault of his own. He’s just a filler imo.

Sorry but I still think it was a mistake to send both Gallagher and Gilmour on loan.

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
13 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Yes I thought so too. But I’m sure Queen Marina will turn it to our advantage. Saying that I don’t blame her for telling greedy Sevilla to do one. Now they’ll have an unhappy player on their hands. Their choice.💁🏿‍♂️🧨

2 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

RLC is imo finished at this level through no fault of his own. He’s just a filler imo.

Sorry but I still think it was a mistake to send both Gallagher and Gilmour on loan.

Gallagher and Gilmour loans are with a long term view that will hopefully benefit us in the long term. If they had stayed here, they'd have limited game time, the development would have slowed and we'd all have moaned.

I know it's early days, but from the performances so far, I think Gallagher will be one of Palace's best players and will gain a huge amount from his experience there this season. Gilmour, unfortunately, has gone to the wrong team, he's going to get bypassed in most games and the only real experience he's gaining is playing this amount of games.

Gallagher will be back and in our squad next season is my guess, Gilmour risks falling down the same rabbit hole as Ampadu if we don't get him the right loan deal, which may be abroad IMO - dutch league maybe... Vitesse.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Gilmour risks falling down the same rabbit hole as Ampadu if we don't get him the right loan deal, which may be abroad IMO - dutch league maybe... Vitesse.

They all risk falling down rabbit holes, that is the nature of teenage wunderkind.  Ampadu's wrong loan was in Germany, not at Sheffield United.

Gilmour has started 3 PL games now.  So long as he is starting I think this is good experience for him.   As was the loans for RLC, Ampadu and Gallagher last season - all to teams that got relegated.  21, 20 & 28 PL starts is invaluable experience.  

What I have most enjoyed about our kids this season is that they all seem to be rested for the LC games.  That is how you know their importance.

Guest Northern Lights   
Guest Northern Lights
44 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Gallagher and Gilmour loans are with a long term view that will hopefully benefit us in the long term. If they had stayed here, they'd have limited game time, the development would have slowed and we'd all have moaned.

I know it's early days, but from the performances so far, I think Gallagher will be one of Palace's best players and will gain a huge amount from his experience there this season. Gilmour, unfortunately, has gone to the wrong team, he's going to get bypassed in most games and the only real experience he's gaining is playing this amount of games.

Gallagher will be back and in our squad next season is my guess, Gilmour risks falling down the same rabbit hole as Ampadu if we don't get him the right loan deal, which may be abroad IMO - dutch league maybe... Vitesse.

Yeah but we need at least one of them now. I  know they need minutes but they’ll get that here. 💁🏿‍♂️😬

Edited by Northern Lights