Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, Cheatedagain said:

Further proof, then, to not believe what you read?

Toni Rudiger obviously is not going to Spurs, ffs.

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Further proof, then, to not believe what you read?

Toni Rudiger obviously is not going to Spurs, ffs.

It rather depends on what you mean by this.

A few months ago, most newspapers were saying the club and Christensen were close to a deal, but not quite there yet. However nobody foresaw any great problems.

Some people, such as @Cheatedagain it seems, read that as "signed, sealed, delivered"

I'm very confident Christensen will sign, I think that's just the usual contract back and forth, however, Rudiger I am less confident of us getting over the line. Those saying not many people can afford we can are right, but don't forget he'll have no transfer fee attached, therefore signing on fee and wages can be higher than normal. I would imagine most other top clubs are keeping an eye on the situation at the moment and if we don't get it sorted before January, it will become even harder.

I think the club may be gambling slightly on Rudiger, in hoping that he doesn't get the offers in January that he's expecting and suddenly our offer on the table looks a lot more reasonable than it currently does... the risk of that, is that it is a gamble and if someone comes in and doubles our offer, he'll be out the door and that will be crazy after the 12 months he's had.

40 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would imagine most other top clubs are keeping an eye on the situation at the moment and if we don't get it sorted before January, it will become even harder.

I think there is one club that really needs Rudiger.  Newcastle and in January.  They should match  the top wages he'd get here or anywhere, make him captain. And offer an extra £30m to us if we let him go in January.  Then Rudiger (and his new manager) get huge bonuses if they avoid relegation.

Everyone else should be price sensitive.  Quite stunning to see RM let Varane go to Man U.

So I am hoping and expecting RA to reject Newcastle out of spite.  It could get spicy if Newcastle don't look safe by Christmas

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think there is one club that really needs Rudiger.  Newcastle and in January.  They should match  the top wages he'd get here or anywhere, make him captain. And offer an extra £30m to us if we let him go in January.  Then Rudiger (and his new manager) get huge bonuses if they avoid relegation.

Everyone else should be price sensitive.  Quite stunning to see RM let Varane go to Man U.

So I am hoping and expecting RA to reject Newcastle out of spite.  It could get spicy if Newcastle don't look safe by Christmas

I’d lose a lot of respect for Rudiger if he were to make that move, Newcastle are years away and a huge amount of investment from competing in the top 6/7, let alone top 4 or even title race, he’d be well past his best by the time that happens, so it would be purely down to money.

To be honest, from a footballing POV I don’t see any real good moves for him (I do understand money is a huge part of the reason players make moves). He’s a key player for one of only 3 teams who can win the title this season and probably next, CL winners and under a manager who has got the absolute best out of him. He would more than likely have to move to a PL club if he wants to significantly increase the wages we’ve offered to him.

12 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’d lose a lot of respect for Rudiger if he were to make that move, Newcastle are years away and a huge amount of investment from competing in the top 6/7, let alone top 4 or even title race, he’d be well past his best by the time that happens, so it would be purely down to money.

To be honest, from a footballing POV I don’t see any real good moves for him (I do understand money is a huge part of the reason players make moves). He’s a key player for one of only 3 teams who can win the title this season and probably next, CL winners and under a manager who has got the absolute best out of him. He would more than likely have to move to a PL club if he wants to significantly increase the wages we’ve offered to him.

If there's no transfer fee involved, I dare say quite a few top European clubs could offer him the wages he thinks he deserves... Bayern, PSG, Madrid. I dare say Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs could potentially be interested. A bid in January would show their interest in the summer should he not sign a contract with us or a pre-contract with a foreign club.

I find it laughable that @Droy was my hero mentions Newcastle, though. Almost as laughable as those who mention Spurs.

31 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

If there's no transfer fee involved, I dare say quite a few top European clubs could offer him the wages he thinks he deserves... Bayern, PSG, Madrid. I dare say Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs could potentially be interested. A bid in January would show their interest in the summer should he not sign a contract with us or a pre-contract with a foreign club.

I find it laughable that @Droy was my hero mentions Newcastle, though. Almost as laughable as those who mention Spurs.

Absolutely zero chance of him moving to Spurs. More chance of me moving to Spurs and my knee hasn’t been right for about 12 years now!

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Absolutely zero chance of him moving to Spurs. More chance of me moving to Spurs and my knee hasn’t been right for about 12 years now!

You could me the new Ledley King !

• Haha 1

Rudiger will literally be able to pick whatever club in the world that he wants to play for.

As much as I would like him to stay, I have long said he is one of the best in the world whilst others used him as a scapegoat, I do not blame him one bit if he decides to go. He has one last big contract and can go anywhere he chooses, literally every single big club in Europe will want him.

Should have extended his contract a while ago but unfortunately he was deemed not good enough. 

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

It rather depends on what you mean by this.

A few months ago, most newspapers were saying the club and Christensen were close to a deal, but not quite there yet. However nobody foresaw any great problems.

Some people, such as @Cheatedagain it seems, read that as "signed, sealed, delivered"

If contract talks have indeed stalled, then that that report a few months ago about them being done was a load of nonsense. And if those reports are a load of nonsense  ... Well, why on Earth would you put any stock in what the same people are reporting now?!