Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   

Perhaps I should post this in the Media section as that is the core element here..... try "No Rudiger contract/transfer news as yet"  or "AC new contract not completed ."

Not worthy a journo's job...lets twist it a bit....same info....."Rudiger contract talks stall amid interest from other clubs"....."AC has not signed new contract as deadline approaches"..(end of season I think)..... whatever the true situation is anything from the media is as speculative as our exchanges here and headlined this way leads to further lazy journalism as "interested" clubs are detailed and cash numbers bandied about.

Chelsea and leaks are very rare until the true facts are announced...guesswork is easy..that's what we do here to exchange ideas and amuse ourselves with Chelsea chit chat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

If contract talks have indeed stalled, then that that report a few months ago about them being done was a load of nonsense. And if those reports are a load of nonsense  ... Well, why on Earth would you put any stock in what the same people are reporting now?!

But that's the whole point... those reports said they were close to being done. It seems some have read that as actually being done and are now blaming the media for them not knowing the difference between close and actually.

55 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Rudiger will literally be able to pick whatever club in the world that he wants to play for.

As much as I would like him to stay, I have long said he is one of the best in the world whilst others used him as a scapegoat, I do not blame him one bit if he decides to go. He has one last big contract and can go anywhere he chooses, literally every single big club in Europe will want him.

Should have extended his contract a while ago but unfortunately he was deemed not good enough. 

Yeah, a bit of told you so is quite deserved on Rudiger (and a few others too)

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I find it laughable that @Droy was my hero mentions Newcastle, though. Almost as laughable as those who mention Spurs.

Really?   Have you thought about it from Newcastle's pov?  They need to stay up.  They have billions.  They need a top class player in January.
What is their choice?  Players top clubs don't, top class players at clubs who don't care about this season and top class players they can prise from top clubs because there is only 6 months left on their contract.
I would have thought Rudiger is top of the list at Newcastle right now.  Wouldn't he be top of yours?

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really?   Have you thought about it from Newcastle's pov?  They need to stay up.  They have billions.  They need a top class player in January.
What is their choice?  Players top clubs don't, top class players at clubs who don't care about this season and top class players they can prise from top clubs because there is only 6 months left on their contract.
I would have thought Rudiger is top of the list at Newcastle right now.  Wouldn't he be top of yours?

It's not a question of Newcastle's POV at all. Of course, they would want him.

I'd expect they'd like most of our squad.

Just now, paulw66 said:

It's not a question of Newcastle's POV at all. Of course, they would want him.

I'd expect they'd like most of our squad.

Don't get that.  If you ask the question what next for Rudiger, of course you have to look at the viewpoint of clubs that might want him.
You might choose RM, but they just let Varane go, so I doubt they want to spend the same money on Rudiger).  
Newcastle are one of a very few teams that do have money, desperately need a top class defender this year who will remain a squad member next year, and would surely push the boat out to get Rudiger in January. 

It's be a Makelele or Crespo purchase for them only more urgently needed becaue :
image.png.f222be9654c52e7aa603d1cae4fdfd3f.png 

paulw66   
25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Don't get that.  If you ask the question what next for Rudiger, of course you have to look at the viewpoint of clubs that might want him.
You might choose RM, but they just let Varane go, so I doubt they want to spend the same money on Rudiger).  
Newcastle are one of a very few teams that do have money, desperately need a top class defender this year who will remain a squad member next year, and would surely push the boat out to get Rudiger in January. 

It's be a Makelele or Crespo purchase for them only more urgently needed becaue :
image.png.f222be9654c52e7aa603d1cae4fdfd3f.png 

I'll spell it out. 

The point was, why (aside from a shed load of cash) would Riduger want to go there?

Edit - who will take the risk and be the first signing? Imagine in AR went there and they went down and he was on a four year deal?

Edited by paulw66

37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'll spell it out. 

The point was, why (aside from a shed load of cash) would Riduger want to go there?

A shed load of cash.  It is one thing guessing that he won't want to take it, or that RA would seek to block it even if he sacrifices a say £30m fee.  But they are still likely to be the biggest bidder in the market.  He'd certainly talk to them (off the record, before January).

39 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Edit - who will take the risk and be the first signing? Imagine in AR went there and they went down and he was on a four year deal?

he could demand a £10m fee is Newcastle go down - that kind of deal is quite common I gather.  Relegation is not a risk if he has a good agent.

Maka Crespo and Duff all say hello.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A shed load of cash.  It is one thing guessing that he won't want to take it, or that RA would seek to block it even if he sacrifices a say £30m fee.  But they are still likely to be the biggest bidder in the market.  He'd certainly talk to them (off the record, before January).

he could demand a £10m fee is Newcastle go down - that kind of deal is quite common I gather.  Relegation is not a risk if he has a good agent.

Are you suggesting Chelsea were in a similar position to Newcastle when Makélélé, Crespo and Duff signed for us? 🙄

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I have no idea what this means.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Are you suggesting Chelsea were in a similar position to Newcastle when Makélélé, Crespo and Duff signed for us? 🙄

Quite.

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Let' park the "would Newcastle want him?" bit as that is clearly yes, and let's just assume in January, that Chelsea would be happy to sell, if the alternative was getting nothing in July. 

You are still proposing that a player would walk away from a team that (all being well) has the possibility of winning the CL and or PL, to go to a relegation threatened team in January. 

Alternatively, he could stay at Chelsea, compete for honours, and still have his pick of clubs on a Bosman on 1 July