Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 hours ago, McCreadie said:

If I was Barca, rather than giving the managers job to Xavi, I’d be seriously trying to prise TT away from us...

They've been consistently linked with Klopp, but I think that's dreamland stuff for them. As Tuchel would be. Or any top PL manager or player is for Barca right now, and likely for the next 5 years at least. With the exception maybe of players running down contracts, I think the days of us having to worry even slightly about the big La Liga clubs coming for our players are over (and that's if they ever really began).

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Can't agree. Christensen imo has been mostly outstanding wherever he's been played in the defence. Sure, he's had the odd poor one, but I think you're being harsh on him.

Hopefully Rudiger stays, but if he doesn't then the world isn't short of quality CB's.

Great player with playing maturity added recently.  At middle CB and RCB.  Not a leader of colleagues some have said and I agree.  Maybe that will take a couple more years.

Rudiger for my money is the stand out CB in Europe as of today.  There are no CBs, avaialable or unavailable, of his quality now that VVD has returned to mortality.

58 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

They've been consistently linked with Klopp, but I think that's dreamland stuff for them. As Tuchel would be. Or any top PL manager or player is for Barca right now, and likely for the next 5 years at least. With the exception maybe of players running down contracts, I think the days of us having to worry even slightly about the big La Liga clubs coming for our players are over (and that's if they ever really began).

Hmm Klopp or Xavi they seem to be saying.  We saw what happened with Lampard and when Juve replaced Sarri with Pirlo.  These examples of Pep or Zidane are highly misleading because those guys had done a load of coaching and management tasks behind the scenes at their clubs.  Xavi has spent 6 years at a Qatar club, with his management experience being the last 2 years there.

Clearly they need a proper manager, one with a lot better record than Koeman (why did they hire him?)  The less money they have for players the more they need to splash out on a competent manager.  

paulw66   
6 hours ago, McCreadie said:

If I was Barca, rather than giving the managers job to Xavi, I’d be seriously trying to prise TT away from us...

No sane, proven, quality manager is going to there for a few seasons. They're a mess.

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No sane, proven, quality manager is going to there for a few seasons. They're a mess.

What is the point of becoming a proven quality manager if it isn't to get a 3-year contract from a big club like Barca.  Especially if they are likely to pay you off in 12 months.  Koeman must be laughing.  

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

What is the point of becoming a proven quality manager if it isn't to get a 3-year contract from a big club like Barca.  Especially if they are likely to pay you off in 12 months.  Koeman must be laughing.  

I don't think he will be , the miserable git.

• Haha 1

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The point being is that it is an awful time to get that job. Awful squad. No money to spend. No prospect of winning the major prizes in the next couple of years. 

asvaberg   
37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

....and broke

25 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The point being is that it is an awful time to get that job. Awful squad. No money to spend. No prospect of winning the major prizes in the next couple of years. 

So what do you see as Pay day for a decent manager?  Erediviseie trophies for Ajaz or PSV, Copa del Rey for Valencia, Community shield equivalents as an incoming manager at Alkmaar and Benfica?
Or a 3 year contract at Barca paid after 14 months?

Because I'm sure Mrs Koeman sees it like that.  (Mrs Rudiger is thinking along the same lines I guess).

paulw66   
51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So what do you see as Pay day for a decent manager?  Erediviseie trophies for Ajaz or PSV, Copa del Rey for Valencia, Community shield equivalents as an incoming manager at Alkmaar and Benfica?
Or a 3 year contract at Barca paid after 14 months?

Because I'm sure Mrs Koeman sees it like that.  (Mrs Rudiger is thinking along the same lines I guess).

I was not talking about it from a purely financial standpoint.

A manager who has designs on winning trophies wont want to go there now