Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
12 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I think we did Dave yes. Who else could the board have got. They wanted to make a statement signing, tried to get Haaland. Went for the next blockbuster and that was Lukaku who was coming off two back to back 30 goal in all comps seasons. We all had our concerns on Romelu's style of play and how that could effect us I agree on that, it's coming to fruition. 

Hopefully he just needs a rest and will be firing when he comes back. 

chelboy   

Lukaku goes on a mini bad run with injuries then all of a sudden the knives come out. Havertz has had two league games against bottom opposition to stat pad and get himself some goals. Instead he put out a poor performance against Norwich while getting handled by championship defenders. Yesterday he wasn’t that involved until we scored and the game opened up. For 60 mins he wasn’t doing much.  

Expecting a 25 league goal minimum campaign is unrealistic, 25 minimum, really? How many players have scored 25 or more over the past seasons in the league?  I still believe in all competitions Lukaku will reach 20 goals. If there’s someone that is going to then it’s him. Even if Lukaku goes on a 10 game drought the problem is Havertz and Werner still won’t catch up with him or overtake him on goals in the league.

Havertz has had 36 appearances ( 24 starts)  and managed 5 goals and 3 assists. He’s started 9 games in the league this season and managed 1 goal which was that looping header against Liverpool which I couldn’t decide whether it was a flick on or an attempt at goal. Lukaku has 3 goals in 7 games. Had he played against Norwich and Newcastle he would probably have scored one or two. Call him a donkey or whatever you like but Lukaku for now is a better player and goal scorer than Havertz. I really don’t get this idea that people get when they say Havertz should be leading the line. Absolutely not. He’s not creating and he’s not scoring, nice touches and flicks here or there isn’t going to carry you in this league. Champions League and the Premiership are two different leagues. In the Premiership I have been very disappointed in him. 

Personally I don't think it's Lukaku or Werner's fault it's the inability of those around them to either spot the runs they make (and Werner makes hundreds) or courage to make the pass and risk losing the ball.

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I don't think it's Lukaku or Werner's fault it's the inability of those around them to either spot the runs they make (and Werner makes hundreds) or courage to make the pass and risk losing the ball.

A bit of both. Werner is probably the one striker that can’t complain about service when he misses too many easy chances. 

Leo91   

Do you think we had a chance to sign Ronaldo in the summer ? The guy is still so bloody good.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2021 at 3:33 PM, didierforever said:

For anyone who has actually watched lukaku for the past 2 years, they can vouch how well he has played with his back to the goal play. The reason he and Martinez had a wonderful partnership was because of lukaku's ability to hold onto the ball and get Martinez involved. 

Point is, I am not a "lukaku fan boy". I am as much of a lukaku fanboy as you would say I am a "haaland fan boy". I simply appreciate their talents.

Also, what's the problem with black and white stats? You wanted goals, right? That's 20+ goals a season. Should not that solve one of our biggest concerns? 

You might not like the player due to some bandwagon meme influencing thinking, but anyone and their dog can see what and why lukaku is being brought in for. Also seems TT is 100% behind this by his own comments, should not THAT be enough?

As far as KUN is concerned, you think he would not demand a 10m contract? Along with massive bonuses? Is not that short sighted? Who do you replace him with after 1 year? You want to hinge our whole season on an injury prone has been who scored 6 goals last season? I am actually glad we are not doing this. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I knew this was going to prove to be comedy gold in time however, I didn't realise that it would only take for the first few months for it to get there. What is particularly funny about all of this it is that you either didn't watch him, after claiming you did, or you just simply looked at stats/highlights. 

Just out of interest any examples yet of these new found skills of his since he left for Inter or since he has been here? I ask because I genuinely watched him in Italy I.e. numerous 90+ minute games and just saw him taking advantage of the higher lines and less physical nature of Serie A rather than any real improvement. 

As I was saying prior to the signing, 20+ goals/his stats in Serie A isn't that impressive when you take everything into context I.e. the quality of the league, its phsyical make up etc. I mean if you care to look, you'll see that one knee Zlatan at 39/40 is posting similar in a weaker Milan side, whilst if you want to look at this season Giroud is outscoring him on either of his seasons' in Serie A on a minute to goal ratio if you take away penalties (actually Giroud may be outperforming him even with his penos.) Hence, that is the problem with stats, you can slice them how you want, however you cannot look at them in isolation like you must've done (unless you know absolutely nothing about football) as anyone that genuinely watched him in Serie A would've seen the same techincally limited player as the one from Utd. 

Yeah, of course buddy, I am the one influenced by meme/internet banter. How is your £100k+ a year job going by the way? 

As for my Kun comment, firstly that was initially a flippant comment to another post, secondly I'll still stand by my follow up comment that putting him on a 12 month contract for £10m, whixh meant you could quickly relegate him to CF2 was still more logical that buying the technically limited Lukaku for insane figures.

I say this as now we have Lukaku picking up (reportedly) £18m-£23m a season for five years, with a £97m fee down the drain. For sure, Kun is bust (and just to be clear he wasn't someone that I was genuinely suggesting as a upgrade, but rather damage limitation to the Lukaku transfer) but being the pragmatist I am I'd prefer a one year bust than some bloke that is going to stink it up for years because of his fee and contract.

On 11/09/2021 at 9:00 PM, didierforever said:

Fair play for you to say this mate.

I would love for that one poster to own up to everything that he/she said. Calling Lukaku a "donkey" and what not. I mean the level of abuses that were laid on to him. I guess the name was @King Kante

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You actually called me out on this as I was taking a break from all your nonsense about all his improvements in Serie A? Hilarious, you're really the gift that keeps on giving. 

As for calling him a Donkey, unfortunately that is what he is, a very technically limited player who should be nowhere near a £97m fee and £350-£450k wage transfer. Going even further, what I would say is most scary is that I was still expecting a 20+ goal season off of him by beating up on the riff raff like Malmo, Norwich and Newcastle, however he has even managed to miss those games to pad out his stats so even that is looking unlikely now. 

Leo91   

Unfortunately we don't need Lukaku to play with his back to goal (yes I know he still does it for us at times but it's not vital part of our play) so for all his improvement in that area it's rather null, we need him to be running at defences and in behind. But he's too big of a human being to be doing that all game and chasing lost causes. For as much criticism Ronaldo has been getting for not ''pressing'' and negating Utd's strengths, Romelu is worse for us in that regard. 

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Unfortunately we don't need Lukaku to play with his back to goal (yes I know he still does it for us at times but it's not vital part of our play) so for all his improvement in that area it's rather null, we need him to be running at defences and in behind. But he's too big of a human being to be doing that all game and chasing lost causes. For as much criticism Ronaldo has been getting for not ''pressing'' and negating Utd's strengths, Romelu is worse for us in that regard. 

Lukaku isn't, and never has been, Ronaldo. Entirely different types of players. And seriously, if we'd wanted what Ronaldo brings to the table, then that's who we should have gone after. But we didn't, and it's way too late to be bothered by it now.