Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

不不不不不不不不不不不不不不

I knew thiswas going to prove to be comedy gold in time however, I didn't realise that it would only take for the first few months for it to get there. What is particularly funny about all of this it is that you either didn't watch him, after claiming you did, or you just simply looked at stats/highlights.

Just out of interest any examples yet of these new found skills of his since he left for Inter or since he has been here? I ask because I genuinely watched him in Italy I.e. numerous 90+ minute games and just saw him taking advantage of the higher lines and less physical nature of Serie A rather than any real improvement.

As I wassaying prior to the signing, 20+ goals/his stats in Serie A isn't thatimpressive when you take everything into context I.e. the quality of the league, its phsyical make up etc. I mean ifyou careto look, you'll see thatone knee Zlatan at 39/40 is posting similarin a weaker Milan side, whilst if you want to look at this season Giroud is outscoring him on either ofhis seasons'in Serie A on a minute to goal ratio if you take away penalties (actually Giroud may be outperforming him even with his penos.) Hence, that is the problem with stats, you can slice them how you want, however you cannot look at them in isolation like you must've done (unless you know absolutely nothing about football) as anyone that genuinely watched him in Serie A would've seen the same techincally limited player as the one from Utd.

Yeah, of course buddy, I am the one influenced by meme/internet banter. How is your 瞿100k+ a year job going by the way?

As for my Kun comment, firstly that was initially a flippant comment to another post, secondly I'll still stand by my follow up comment that putting him on a 12 month contract for 瞿10m, whixh meant you could quickly relegate him to CF2was still more logical that buyingthe technically limited Lukaku for insane figures.

I say this as now we haveLukaku picking up (reportedly) 瞿18m-瞿23m aseason for five years, with a 瞿97mfee down the drain. For sure, Kun is bust (and just to be clear hewasn't someone that I was genuinely suggesting as a upgrade, but rather damage limitation to the Lukaku transfer) but being thepragmatist I am I'd prefer a one year bust than some bloke that is going to stink it up for years because of his fee and contract.

不不不不不不不不不不不不

You actually called me out on this as I was taking a break from all your nonsense about all his improvements in Serie A? Hilarious, you're really the gift that keeps on giving.

As for calling him a Donkey, unfortunately that is what he is, a very technically limited player who should be nowhere near a 瞿97m fee and 瞿350-瞿450k wage transfer. Going even further, what I would say is most scary is that I was still expecting a 20+ goal season off of him by beating up on the riff raff like Malmo, Norwich and Newcastle, however he has even managed to miss those games to pad out his stats so even that is looking unlikely now.

Hahahhaa.

Dont know of this is a serious post or not. What is this post based on? The fact that he has scored 4 goals in 800 mins? LOL

Or that he has been injured? Oh wait, are you aware that he has been injured for sometime now? Or do you just look at goal scorers, dont see lukaku and come here assuming that he did not score.

The only one providing comedy is you. Dont worry you will be going hiding under the same rock that you came from, oh sorry, taking a "break" soon enough when he comes back.

As for calling him a "DONKEY", the only one on here is you.

10 hours ago, didierforever said:

Hahahhaa.

Dont know of this is a serious post or not. What is this post based on? The fact that he has scored 4 goals in 800 mins? LOL

Or that he has been injured? Oh wait, are you aware that he has been injured for sometime now? Or do you just look at goal scorers, dont see lukaku and come here assuming that he did not score.

The only one providing comedy is you. Dont worry you will be going hiding under the same rock that you came from, oh sorry, taking a "break" soon enough when he comes back.

As for calling him a "DONKEY", the only one on here is you.

Mate, I have watched Lukaku extensively since he came to England and continued to watch him in Italy and he is still the same player as he was since he got to Utd, thus the 800 minutes isn't relevant. He is just continuing to perform at the level that he always has. As I outlined when he was being linked, I don't bang on about people unless I have genuinely watched them for a significant period. Hence, why I had to give Kepa time when we signed him.

Yeah, he is injured, but let's be real, he hasn't been missed which was my point when he was being linked.Only unfortunate thing about his injury is that it prevents you to continue to stand by your assertion that he is a top CF by just pointing to pure stats and go 'oH My GoDA 2o+ GoAl ScOrInG CeTrE fOwArD!'completely ignoring that he achieves this by principally stat padding against the riff raff as he 95% of the times gets completely neutralised by any goodCB.

Not a rock mate, just biding my time as all I had to do was wait rather than go back and forth.

Btw, I am still waiting for the examples you've got for all his improvements that you saw from him in Italy.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Mate, I have watched Lukaku extensively since he came to England and continued to watch him in Italy and he is still the same player as he was since he got to Utd, thus the 800 minutes isn't relevant. He is just continuing to perform at the level that he always has. As I outlined when he was being linked, I don't bang on about people unless I have genuinely watched them for a significant period. Hence, why I had to give Kepa time when we signed him.

Yeah, he is injured, but let's be real, he hasn't been missed which was my point when he was being linked.Only unfortunate thing about his injury is that it prevents you to continue to stand by your assertion that he is a top CF by just pointing to pure stats and go 'oH My GoDA 2o+ GoAl ScOrInG CeTrE fOwArD!'completely ignoring that he achieves this by principally stat padding against the riff raff as he 95% of the times gets completely neutralised by any goodCB.

Not a rock mate, just biding my time as all I had to do was wait rather than go back and forth.

Btw, I am still waiting for the examples you've got for all his improvements that you saw from him in Italy.

Oh. Obviously he has not been missed. Wait, who have we played in that time? 2 sure shot relegation battle teams in Norwich and Newcastle (unless Newcastle get 5, players in winter window), Malmo. Who did we play before he got injured? Well, it's just a case of Liverpool away, city home, arsenal away (scored), Juve away, spurs away.

It's a perfectly valid comparision, right? Hence why the 800 minutes and 4 goals are NOT irrelevant. The only thing irrelevant is your over the top analysis of a player who has definitely made us better and given us a focal point. Something that was surely missing even in a game against Malmo yesterday.

As for italy his goal scoring record is proof enough, and if you ACTUALLY watched him play (as you so vehemently claim), you would know it easily. You can see the difference in his hold up play from his United days. Does not take a genius or a rocket scientist to figure that out.

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

This has got to be the most stupid para I have ever read in my life. First you claim that the team has not missed Lukaku despite playing 3 very average clubs and actually stat padding things, but go on to claim that Lukaku does the same

Oh the irony.

Does not matter, you will be back under the rock once he is back from injury, enjoy your days in the sun buddy

chelboy   

Keep seeing the word donkey used for Lukaku. I cant understand why. 151 G/A in 259 appearances in the most difficult league in the world. Hes played 7 full seasons in the PL and has scored a minimum of 15 goals in 5 of those seasons. Why is he a donkey? Because he has three or fourbad touches in a game? So does Salah if you watch him for a full 90 mins.Donkeys dont get such good numbers in the PL. Nowhere near.

• Like 1

JaneB   
On 29/10/2021 at 10:01 AM, Droy was my hero said:

So what do you see as Pay day for a decent manager? Erediviseie trophies for Ajaz or PSV, Copa del Rey for Valencia, Community shield equivalents as an incoming manager at Alkmaar andBenfica?
Or a 3 year contract at Barca paid after 14months?

Because I'm sure Mrs Koeman sees it like that. (Mrs Rudiger is thinking along the same lines I guess).

How on earth would you know what Mrs. Koeman or Mrs. Rudiger are thinking?

The former is a very impressive successful woman in her own right who has also overcome breast cancer so maybe her priorities don't lie with her husband's salary.

13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

How on earth would you know what Mrs. Koeman or Mrs. Rudiger are thinking?

The former is a very impressive successful woman in her own right who has also overcome breast cancer so maybe her priorities don't lie with her husband's salary.

Fair point. I shouldn't have presumed the people who are putting pressure on players and managers to sign big money deals are always the wife.
But pressure there is. Whether it comes from friends, family, neighbours (and certainly from agents and certainly from Mr Koeman and Mr Rudiger themselves) the purpose in being a football manager or player is very largely to earn a lot more than your peers.
And lets face it, within those professions, the big Kudos goes to the guys who got the big salaries irrespective of playing style or minor trophies.

On 31/10/2021 at 2:03 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I don't think it's Lukaku or Werner's fault it's the inability of those around them to either spot the runs they make (and Werner makes hundreds) or courage to make the pass and risk losing the ball.

Absolute tosh my dear friend, theyve both missed a lot of chancesthis season. If either had consistently decent finishing in their locker they both be on at least 7league goals by now. But they dont. If Werner scores it feels more like a fluke than anything else and Lukaku is t technically good enough to consistently finish in style.

Meanwhile Arsenal apparently agree a 68,5m fee with Dusan Vlahovic. Now theres a striker with technique and finishing. I think hell be a massive hit in England.

22 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Meanwhile Arsenal apparently agree a 68,5m fee with Dusan Vlahovic. Now theres a striker with technique and finishing. I think hell be a massive hit in England.

Sounds an unlikely January deal to me (unless it were NUFC buying).
A very unlikely November deal.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:19 PM, King Kante said:

Yeah, he is injured, but let's be real, he hasn't been missed which was my point when he was being linked.

五五Clearly clearly we are not missing him.

Are we going to lose another exciting player?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/11/07/report-after-tino-livramento-southampton-want-another-exciting-chelsea-talent/

I'm sickof us trainingthese kids up only to let theircontracts run out and they then get picked off by other clubs.

Rice,Tomorri,Lampty and Livramento all have gone on to shine at other clubs, I know we can't keep them all, but they see what's happening and they think they aren't getting a chance here any time in the future, so they walk away and we can't do nothing to stop it.

be honest, Pulisic and Zyech are looking crap, throw in Barkley as well, Lampard at least was prepared to give some of the kids ago.

Rudiger looks like he's off, christensen as far as I know has still not signed, Dave could be looking for one last contract, or even leave, Kante could be sold which would open up a slot in midfield.

we could let RLC go to Roma, which would get Gallagher into the squad, will Broja decide he is playing at Southampton so he might go, when he should have been kept here as the third striker this season