Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Cheatedagain said:

Are we going to lose another exciting player?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/11/07/report-after-tino-livramento-southampton-want-another-exciting-chelsea-talent/

I'm sick of us training these kids up only to let their contracts run out and they then get picked off by other clubs.

19 a few days ago, barely heard of him myself.  No England U16/17/18 caps that I can find.   U16 caps in 2018 but nothing since for England.
Are we talking about a player who is a serious star of the future or a player being allowed to go by the club?
Anyone know?

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   

Noticed Lampty was back yesterday and also noticed he had been out injured for almost a year.  

I would hope Broja could have a role for us in the near future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Noticed Lampty was back yesterday and also noticed he had been out injured for almost a year.  

I would hope Broja could have a role for us in the near future. 

Lampty played against Liverpool , made a fool out of TAA and then set up the Brighton equaliser , he's a fantastic prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily mail reporting that Real Madrid have offered Hazard to Psg, Bayen Munich, Man Utd and Newcastle for 42 million and they've all turned him down.

I wouldn't have thought he would go to any other English club apart from us.would anyone want him back, considering how Pulisic is always injured and seems to have completely lost his form since that injury in the FA cup final two seasons ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cheatedagain said:

Daily mail reporting that Real Madrid have offered Hazard to Psg, Bayen Munich, Man Utd and Newcastle for 42 million and they've all turned him down.

I wouldn't have thought he would go to any other English club apart from us.would anyone want him back, considering how Pulisic is always injured and seems to have completely lost his form since that injury in the FA cup final two seasons ago

Of course we should try and get him back if the money made sense, but I'm not sure I have stomach for the forum mass debate on the subject. 

I can kinda understand RM not wanted us to have him back. We sold him to them for 150m , gets injured,  he barely plays, they sell him back to us 2 years later for 40m.... and then he rips up the joint. That would not sit well with RM . If anyone is to take advantage of a possible resurgence of Hazard , they would rather it wasn't us. They are smarting. 

Edit: However if we had an interesting swop deal for them , we could be talking business. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I haven't seen Hazard play a full game since he left us so I have absolutely no idea what he is currently looking like. If he'd not been our player before Real Madrid, though, I'd not be expecting us to be looking at player with his reported form and wage at his age. It's cold, but I think we should apply the same logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should go for him. Sometimes it's just not the right environment for a person and likely a poorer medical team, maybe coming back home would help him rediscover himself. He was highly motivated because of Zidane factor that's now gone. Bring him back, he can teach the young ones and in games probably still pull magic out of a hat whenever we need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

We sold him to them for 150m

Morata + Hazard totalled £110m - we know this from the club accounts.  

 

4 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Honestly, I haven't seen Hazard play a full game since he left us so I have absolutely no idea what he is currently looking like. If he'd not been our player before Real Madrid, though, I'd not be expecting us to be looking at player with his reported form and wage at his age. It's cold, but I think we should apply the same logic. 

Yes the same player at 31 (his age in January) might be worth £30m or £40m if he came with his old Chelsea salary.  With his current form I'm not sure he is worth his RM wages alone to 2024 when his existing contract expires.
He got preferential "Ronaldo" treatment in his best year with us.  I'm not sure anyone gets that with TT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2021 at 5:15 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Morata + Hazard totalled £110m - we know this from the club accounts.  

150 mill was probably a bit  higher than actual fee (sometimes they talk in Euros), but I think these days its virtually impossible to know exactly how much a player went for. I remember the talk of Morata was about 47 million which we surely snapped their hand off for. Hazard had a lot of add ons included in his fee (but maybe he hasn't ticked all those boxes yet). 90 million plus 40 mill in add on's was banded about at the time. £110 for the two is nowhere near the mark  unless it was 109 million for Hazard and 1 million for Morata! 

I was watching a program about Man United and they were talking about the Cantona saga with Leeds. Leeds actually made United say they paid more for him than they did so not to incur the wrath of the fans. The wrong figure is still banded around today.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

150 mill was probably a bit  higher than actual fee (sometimes they talk in Euros), but I think these days its virtually impossible to know exactly how much a player went for. I remember the talk of Morata was about 47 million which we surely snapped their hand off for. Hazard had a lot of add ons included in his fee (but maybe he hasn't ticked all those boxes yet). 90 million plus 40 mill in add on's was banded about at the time. £110 for the two is nowhere near the mark  unless it was 109 million for Hazard and 1 million for Morata! 

We know it was about £110 m for the pair for the accounts issued about a year ago given that other sales were smaller and can be estimated more accurately..
Certainly £47m for Morata seemed wrong at the time.
The board (with auditor oversight) would be expected to make a conservative estimate of what add-ons cold reasonably be expected to get triggered and include them in the sale price.

At the time the deal was secret and there really is no knowledge in the media about deal prices.  The best they can do is call the club PR up and say "I'm guessing £XXm, is that far wrong".  The PR team will hint the way that looks good for the club but I doubt they have a clue themselves.  Basing judgement around numbers we know had no basis is misleading.  A blind guess now is as good as a blind guess then, but we now have much better info.  

The financial results give some info so since about this time last year we have known the total trading profit figures on players sold in 19/20 which includes Hazard and Morata and a few others.  £110m for the pair is certainly reasonably accurate(perhaps +/-£10m at most).
It was as I said last year, much higher than I had expected.

 

7 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I was watching a program about Man United and they were talking about the Cantona saga with Leeds. Leeds actually made United say they paid more for him than they did so not to incur the wrath of the fans. The wrong figure is still banded around today.   

I'm sure that happens all the time, even now.  Plus of course you can't get accused of libel for overvaluing a player so there is no downside to the journalist or newspaper in a high price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now