Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Cheatedagain said:

Now wether you believe it or not, Mount complaining he doesn't feel appreciated at the club as he only earns 65,000 a week, (must be so hard to get by), and is thinking of leaving and would love to play under Klopp.

There seems to be a trend developing here, First Rudiger, then Christensen and now Mount.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mount-chelsea-future-transfer-news-25517030

According to the Daily Star, Mount feels "frustrated" and "under appreciated" at Chelsea compared to other first-team regulars.

"Mason is a top lad and thought of well within Chelsea, and is popular with the team," a source said to The Star. "But he isn’t feeling appreciated anymore.

"He’s been at Chelsea since he was a tiny lad, but despite coming up through the Academy, he doesn’t feel like he gets the same treatment or recognition as players bought in for big money."

Must be true. 

chara   
33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

According to the Daily Star, Mount feels "frustrated" and "under appreciated" at Chelsea compared to other first-team regulars.

"Mason is a top lad and thought of well within Chelsea, and is popular with the team," a source said to The Star. "But he isn’t feeling appreciated anymore.

"He’s been at Chelsea since he was a tiny lad, but despite coming up through the Academy, he doesn’t feel like he gets the same treatment or recognition as players bought in for big money."

Must be true. 

A truly puzzling report...The Mirror printed as a question/answer thing something to the effect that Mason had only played 28 minutes of club football since the Norwich hattrick.."probably' due to the strength of TT's choices...duh?.....nothing about the dental problems that kept him out of club/country games.....abysmal "journalism" and all the hallmarks of a hit mission.....sigh.

JaneB   

Oh no, this is my worst Chelsea nightmare.  

For whatever reason he doesn't seem the same player this season but surely he wouldn't come out with stuff like this.....would he?

chara   
6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh no, this is my worst Chelsea nightmare.  

For whatever reason he doesn't seem the same player this season but surely he wouldn't come out with stuff like this.....would he?

Relax Jane....the article also says how he is appreciated by all at SB......can't have it both ways....

• Like 1

Ham   

Absolute garbage. 

Nothing makes sense about this rumour. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cheatedagain said:

Now wether you believe it or not, Mount complaining he doesn't feel appreciated at the club as he only earns 65,000 a week, (must be so hard to get by), and is thinking of leaving and would love to play under Klopp.

There seems to be a trend developing here, First Rudiger, then Christensen and now Mount.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mount-chelsea-future-transfer-news-25517030

No - what you actually mean is ONLY if you believe it......
He signed a contract in 2019 when rejoining us from Derby and out to 2024.  So he may well be expecting a new contract this year, and rumours that he wants a new contract are either good guesses, or based on such discussions, but normal and not a worrying sign.
Yes he will expect a big rise since 2019, so would I, and so would the board.

Give him a goal bonus and a tape measure so he knows exactly how high the bar is .

On 03/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, didierforever said:

Oh. Obviously he has not been missed. Wait, who have we played in that time? 2 sure shot relegation battle teams in Norwich and Newcastle (unless Newcastle get 5, players in winter window), Malmo. Who did we play before he got injured? Well, it's just a case of Liverpool away, city home, arsenal away (scored), Juve away, spurs away. 

It's a perfectly valid comparision, right? Hence why the 800 minutes and 4 goals are NOT irrelevant. The only thing irrelevant is your over the top analysis of a player who has definitely made us better and given us a focal point. Something that was surely missing even in a game against Malmo yesterday. 

As for italy his goal scoring record is proof enough, and if you ACTUALLY watched him play (as you so vehemently claim), you would know it easily. You can see the difference in his hold up play from his United days. Does not take a genius or a rocket scientist to figure that out. 

😂😂

This has got to be the most stupid para I have ever read in my life. First you claim that the team has not missed Lukaku despite playing 3 very average clubs and actually stat padding things, but go on to claim that Lukaku does the same 😂

Oh the irony. 

Does not matter, you will be back under the rock once he is back from injury, enjoy your days in the sun buddy

Wait a minute, I thought he had improved so much in Serie A that he was now worthy of a £90m+ deal and mega wages? If that was the case then surely he can take on the likes of Juve/Dippers/City? So, not seeing how you can let him off there considering he is not the same player that left Utd; you know the one that would stat pad against the low-mid ranked sides then disappeared in the games against the high-mid ranked sides because of his technical limitations? 

So, how has he made us better when he has played? Serious question.

At the moment, he has scored in a similar pattern as he did at Utd (actually he is started off slower with us compared to his first season there) and I don't see that much improvement from what Giroud would do in his hold up play (although give credit where due, he can get through more minutes.) 

Onto his goal scoring record in Italy. Seriously DF you're a funny guy 🤣, as you've obviously not followed the league to see how other CF's get on there. 

In his two seasons there he achieved the following: 

Lukaku

20/21

36 games (2887 mins) 24 goals (6 pens.) A goal every 120 mins or 160 mins for non-pens 

19/20 

36 games (2984 mins) 23 goals (6 pens.) A goal every 130 mins or 176 for non-pen goals 

18/19 - last season at Utd (this is context)

32 games (2130 mins) 12 goals (0 pens.) A goal every 178 mins 

Lets compare this two other CF's in Serie A. 

Muriel (Atalanta) 

20/21 - 36 games (1434 mins) 22 goals (2 pens.) A goal every 65 mins or 72 mins for non-pens

19/20 - 34 games (1244 mins) 18 goals (6 pens.) A goal every 69 mins or 104 mins for non-pens. 

Immobile

20/21 - 35 games (2866 mins) 20 goals (no pens.) A goal every 144 mins

19/20 - 37 games (3176 mins.) 36 goals (14 pens.) A goal every 88 mins or 144 mins for non-pens.

Zapata 

20/21 - 37 games (2397 mins.) 15 goals (1 pen.) A goal every 160 mins or 171 for non-pens. 

19/20 - 28 games (2037 mins.) 18 goals (1 pen.) A goal every 113 mins or 120 mins non-pens. 

Zlatan (who is ancient now) 

20/21 - 19 games (1498 mins) 15 goals (3 pens.) A goal every 100 mins or 125 mins for non-pens. 

19/20 - 18 games (1365 mins) 10 goals (2 pens.) A goal every 137 mins or 171 mins for non-pens. 

Now let's compare to Giroud in Serie A this season.  

Giroud 

21/22 - 8 games (492 mins) 4 goals (1 pen.) A goal every 123 mins or 164 (non-pens.) 

So, when talking about his goal scoring exploits in Serie A, you need to put this in context to what other CF's are doing over there and the level they're at as of 2018-21 (Zlatan was obviously world class in his prime.) Nothing he did put him above them in statistical terms to deserve all this praise he gets from you about being worthy of such a transfer or how he scored at such a rate that it was exceptional. Furthermore, look at the level of those players? Any you see as being world class or deserving of a £90m+ fee?

I will also add I have been kind of nice to him here as I have not gone into assists or CL goals (where it is possible to draw comparisons) as it isn't flattering/much different. Additionally, I haven't compared him to CR7 as that just wouldn't be fair to him at this point even through CR7 was between 35-36 during this period (even through they both have the same sort of desire to press.) This is also before we get to Vlahovic who is tearing up Serie A at 20-21. 

Another point, you take away his penos during his seasons in Serie A were not that much more impressive than his last Utd season on a goal/minute ratio considering the gulf in class between the two leagues. I mean, let's be real this before we get to the fact that he was playing at Inter who finished 2nd then 1st in his two seasons vs. his last season at Utd where he was managed during a Jose meltdown/having Ole installed and that team was inconsistent all year. 

So, I have got to say I am really struggling to see how his goal scoring record was so great. As shown, they're not proven in the stats, while now your excusing him for not performing in the big games and you've still not been able to provide any evidence of his so called improvements with video evidence to counter (I imagine this is because you cannot find it and/or because you know full well that Serie A defending leaves a bit to be desired.)

So, as I said in the Summer, he isn't of good enough quality and he hasn't improved in Serie A via either the eye test or via stats. 

Yes, hilarious. Point is Lukaku only stat pads against the poorer to mid rank teams and we can pretty much do that without him. Additionally, we play better against decent teams without him (as proven from last seasons performances against the big teams after TT took over.)

I just hope to god he is on the bench for Juve so you can see an example this year. 

If anyone has had their time in the Sun it is you buddy. You went out on a limb for Lukaku with nothing to back it up and also acted like a idiot by announcing how much you earn on other occasions. 

As I said, I just needed time to do it's stuff as Lukaku isn't going to suddenly improve.

So yeah, he may get 15-20 goals a season by beating up on the riff raff, but at what cost? Poorer performances against the bigger sides because of his technical limitations? Add it all together and it isn't any real difference from what we had last season when all is said and done, as for the points he potentially wins us in those games he plays well in, he costs us in others'. Most concerning is that in the league it is one thing, when you get to the latter stages of the CL it is another. I mean, he hasn't even been able to prove it in the best International side for the past five years' when it has mattered at tournaments.

Most concerning is that I thought that I may have to wait a while to do this to you as he normally starts off strong (by that I mean by more than 4-5 games, which seemed to be enough for you to name check me after the Villa game 😂.) 

On 06/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, didierforever said:

🤭🤭Clearly clearly we are not missing him. 

Because he doesn't miss great chances 3 yards out against a team like Soton...oh, wait.

That said, beating up on teams like Burnley is his sort of level so I can see why you would think that. I mean you're so enamored by his goal scoring exploits for Inter in a weak Serie A, it makes sense.

Edited by King Kante

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

Wait a minute, I thought he had improved so much in Serie A that he was now worthy of a £90m+ deal and mega wages? If that was the case then surely he can take on the likes of Juve/Dippers/City? So, not seeing how you can let him off there considering he is not the same player that left Utd; you know the one that would stat pad against the low-mid ranked sides then disappeared in the games against the high-mid ranked sides because of his technical limitations? 

So, how has he made us better when he has played? Serious question.

At the moment, he has scored in a similar pattern as he did at Utd (actually he is started off slower with us compared to his first season there) and I don't see that much improvement from what Giroud would do in his hold up play (although give credit where due, he can get through more minutes.) 

Onto his goal scoring record in Italy. Seriously DF you're a funny guy 🤣, as you've obviously not followed the league to see how other CF's get on there. 

In his two seasons there he achieved the following: 

Lukaku

20/21

36 games (2887 mins) 24 goals (6 pens.) A goal every 120 mins or 160 mins for non-pens 

19/20 

36 games (2984 mins) 23 goals (6 pens.) A goal every 130 mins or 176 for non-pen goals 

18/19 - last season at Utd (this is context)

32 games (2130 mins) 12 goals (0 pens.) A goal every 178 mins 

Lets compare this two other CF's in Serie A. 

Muriel (Atalanta) 

20/21 - 36 games (1434 mins) 22 goals (2 pens.) A goal every 65 mins or 72 mins for non-pens

19/20 - 34 games (1244 mins) 18 goals (6 pens.) A goal every 69 mins or 104 mins for non-pens. 

Immobile

20/21 - 35 games (2866 mins) 20 goals (no pens.) A goal every 144 mins

19/20 - 37 games (3176 mins.) 36 goals (14 pens.) A goal every 88 mins or 144 mins for non-pens.

Zapata 

20/21 - 37 games (2397 mins.) 15 goals (1 pen.) A goal every 160 mins or 171 for non-pens. 

19/20 - 28 games (2037 mins.) 18 goals (1 pen.) A goal every 113 mins or 120 mins non-pens. 

Zlatan (who is ancient now) 

20/21 - 19 games (1498 mins) 15 goals (3 pens.) A goal every 100 mins or 125 mins for non-pens. 

19/20 - 18 games (1365 mins) 10 goals (2 pens.) A goal every 137 mins or 171 mins for non-pens. 

Now let's compare to Giroud in Serie A this season.  

Giroud 

21/22 - 8 games (492 mins) 4 goals (1 pen.) A goal every 123 mins or 164 (non-pens.) 

So, when talking about his goal scoring exploits in Serie A, you need to put this in context to what other CF's are doing over there and the level they're at as of 2018-21 (Zlatan was obviously world class in his prime.) Nothing he did put him above them in statistical terms to deserve all this praise he gets from you about being worthy of such a transfer or how he scored at such a rate that it was exceptional. Furthermore, look at the level of those players? Any you see as being world class or deserving of a £90m+ fee?

I will also add I have been kind of nice to him here as I have not gone into assists or CL goals (where it is possible to draw comparisons) as it isn't flattering/much different. Additionally, I haven't compared him to CR7 as that just wouldn't be fair to him at this point even through CR7 was between 35-36 during this period (even through they both have the same sort of desire to press.) This is also before we get to Vlahovic who is tearing up Serie A at 20-21. 

Another point, you take away his penos during his seasons in Serie A were not that much more impressive than his last Utd season on a goal/minute ratio considering the gulf in class between the two leagues. I mean, let's be real this before we get to the fact that he was playing at Inter who finished 2nd then 1st in his two seasons vs. his last season at Utd where he was managed during a Jose meltdown/having Ole installed and that team was inconsistent all year. 

So, I have got to say I am really struggling to see how his goal scoring record was so great. As shown, they're not proven in the stats, while now your excusing him for not performing in the big games and you've still not been able to provide any evidence of his so called improvements with video evidence to counter (I imagine this is because you cannot find it and/or because you know full well that Serie A defending leaves a bit to be desired.)

So, as I said in the Summer, he isn't of good enough quality and he hasn't improved in Serie A via either the eye test or via stats. 

Yes, hilarious. Point is Lukaku only stat pads against the poorer to mid rank teams and we can pretty much do that without him. Additionally, we play better against decent teams without him (as proven from last seasons performances against the big teams after TT took over.)

I just hope to god he is on the bench for Juve so you can see an example this year. 

If anyone has had their time in the Sun it is you buddy. You went out on a limb for Lukaku with nothing to back it up and also acted like a idiot by announcing how much you earn on other occasions. 

As I said, I just needed time to do it's stuff as Lukaku isn't going to suddenly improve.

So yeah, he may get 15-20 goals a season by beating up on the riff raff, but at what cost? Poorer performances against the bigger sides because of his technical limitations? Add it all together and it isn't any real difference from what we had last season when all is said and done, as for the points he potentially wins us in those games he plays well in, he costs us in others'. Most concerning is that in the league it is one thing, when you get to the latter stages of the CL it is another. I mean, he hasn't even been able to prove it in the best International side for the past five years' when it has mattered at tournaments.

Most concerning is that I thought that I may have to wait a while to do this to you as he normally starts off strong (by that I mean by more than 4-5 games, which seemed to be enough for you to name check me after the Villa game 😂.) 

Because he doesn't miss great chances 3 yards out against a team like Soton...oh, wait.

That said, beating up on teams like Burnley is his sort of level so I can see why you would think that. I mean you're so enamored by his goal scoring exploits for Inter in a weak Serie A, it makes sense.

Lol. How many of Zlatan, immobile, etc etc led their clubs to a seria a? Care to explain? Lukaku did. 

And ofcourse he is improved. His back to the goal play is on par with any out and out number 9 in the world, which when added to his goal scoring makes him one of the best in the world. 

So, you don't want him? Who should we have got realistically? Let's stop playong FIFA for a moment. Hell, you wanted a "goal scoring" mid at the cost of us screwing over the way we play and crib over the fact that we got one of the best goal scoring players in the world. 😂

Hilarious. Hell We should have got sms and stuck him up forward, right?

Ham   
15 hours ago, Ham said:

Absolute garbage. 

Nothing makes sense about this rumour. 

That makes a lot more sense.