Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

59 minutes ago, Ham said:

That makes a lot more sense.

Any hints of Mount negotiating a new contract could lead to either piece.  I'm not sure that we can can conclude anything more.  Mind I suspect Chelsea are still more able to acquire the very best players, like Mount, than other clubs are, so he'll stay.

bert19   
1 hour ago, Ham said:
That makes a lot more sense.

Honestly would not be shocked if this is the first of a few reports of "breakthroughs" over the coming weeks.  Feels quite likely that the club will be looking to extend a few like Mount, Reece & Chilwell and re-sign Christensen/Rudiger/Azpi/Thiago.  

Of all of them, I'd guess Rudiger is most likely to go, but I'm also guessing there's a deal to be done there or we'd have heard about him moving in January for a few quid. 

These things take time, several factors weigh in, the press will write lots of rubbish.  Especially when we're top and the beloved Liverpool are chasing. Anything to derail or discredit us. 

I kind of like the fact that we all know almost nothing for sure until one or two decent sources go "This is done" - it's probably how things should be. 

18 hours ago, didierforever said:

Lol. How many of Zlatan, immobile, etc etc led their clubs to a seria a? Care to explain? Lukaku did. 

And ofcourse he is improved. His back to the goal play is on par with any out and out number 9 in the world, which when added to his goal scoring makes him one of the best in the world. 

So, you don't want him? Who should we have got realistically? Let's stop playong FIFA for a moment. Hell, you wanted a "goal scoring" mid at the cost of us screwing over the way we play and crib over the fact that we got one of the best goal scoring players in the world. 😂

Hilarious. Hell We should have got sms and stuck him up forward, right?

So, you're really expecting 38+ year old Zlatan, who only has one knee now, or Immobile, who plays for Lazio, to lead their teams to the title? Ok. I mean, what was Immobile meant to do in that 2019/20 season? Score 50+ league goals and maybe help out on defense while he was at it? 

Again, any examples other than your say so? 

Mate, we could've kept Giroud and had pretty much the same output. I even suggested washed up Kun (prior to his dodgy ticker going down on him) as he he is a better interlinking CF and even now still has better movement than Lukaku. No playing Fifa on my part.

As I said prior to his signing, Lukaku is the same player as before he left Utd everything we've seen has shown that and without him with been a much more fluid and congruent attack. Additionally, my objection was that not only was he still the same flawed player from Utd but he was an absolutely insane purchase at £90m+ and will be a milstone round our necks when someone else comes up in the next 1-3 years as no decent team is insane enough to go in for him with his combo of age/ability/wages/fee. 

As I've said, will he score 15-20 goals a season, probably/maybe but it will be by beating up on the garbage. 

Reaching.

1) The club was looking to get a CM and settled on Saul (which is ok, with the loan deal we got.)

2) SMS play style means he can play in a team that plays with a 3. If you have been around here long enough would would know I have been the biggest proponent of a back 3. Had arguments with people all through the Sarri/Lampard years' about it and last season when people wanted to go back to a 4.

3) SMS isn't just a goal scoring mid.

4) Didn't even suggest that SMS come in and be an automatic starter, had him as a option to rotate with Kante/Kova/Jorgi to help ease the workload as I wasn't expecting RLC and Barkley to be retained.

That said, being as I can actually admit when I am wrong, I am glad we didn't purchase a CM/SMS. I say this as RLC is now starting to put in decent cameos and Gallagher is tearing it up for Palace. Two things I admit I didn't see at the time; RLC being able to step up or Gallagher's rapid progression. 

🙄. On a purely stat basis Lukaku looks great, when you actually watch him play and/or break down who he scores against, when he scores etc, that is where it all falls down. I mean, let's just look at tonight's performance vs. the one in Turin, night and day in how we pulled their defensive line about and it is largely down to Lukaku standing around like a statue pointing to where he wants the ball and not being able to trap it properly. As I said yesterday, so glad he didn't play and hope you were taking notes. 

Yes buddy, because I suggested that SMS play CF or that he even come in a be a first name on the team sheet...

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

So, you're really expecting 38+ year old Zlatan, who only has one knee now, or Immobile, who plays for Lazio, to lead their teams to the title? Ok. I mean, what was Immobile meant to do in that 2019/20 season? Score 50+ league goals and maybe help out on defense while he was at it? 

Again, any examples other than your say so? 

Mate, we could've kept Giroud and had pretty much the same output. I even suggested washed up Kun (prior to his dodgy ticker going down on him) as he he is a better interlinking CF and even now still has better movement than Lukaku. No playing Fifa on my part.

As I said prior to his signing, Lukaku is the same player as before he left Utd everything we've seen has shown that and without him with been a much more fluid and congruent attack. Additionally, my objection was that not only was he still the same flawed player from Utd but he was an absolutely insane purchase at £90m+ and will be a milstone round our necks when someone else comes up in the next 1-3 years as no decent team is insane enough to go in for him with his combo of age/ability/wages/fee. 

As I've said, will he score 15-20 goals a season, probably/maybe but it will be by beating up on the garbage. 

Reaching.

1) The club was looking to get a CM and settled on Saul (which is ok, with the loan deal we got.)

2) SMS play style means he can play in a team that plays with a 3. If you have been around here long enough would would know I have been the biggest proponent of a back 3. Had arguments with people all through the Sarri/Lampard years' about it and last season when people wanted to go back to a 4.

3) SMS isn't just a goal scoring mid.

4) Didn't even suggest that SMS come in and be an automatic starter, had him as a option to rotate with Kante/Kova/Jorgi to help ease the workload as I wasn't expecting RLC and Barkley to be retained.

That said, being as I can actually admit when I am wrong, I am glad we didn't purchase a CM/SMS. I say this as RLC is now starting to put in decent cameos and Gallagher is tearing it up for Palace. Two things I admit I didn't see at the time; RLC being able to step up or Gallagher's rapid progression. 

🙄. On a purely stat basis Lukaku looks great, when you actually watch him play and/or break down who he scores against, when he scores etc, that is where it all falls down. I mean, let's just look at tonight's performance vs. the one in Turin, night and day in how we pulled their defensive line about and it is largely down to Lukaku standing around like a statue pointing to where he wants the ball and not being able to trap it properly. As I said yesterday, so glad he didn't play and hope you were taking notes. 

Yes buddy, because I suggested that SMS play CF or that he even come in a be a first name on the team sheet...

Oh. How many serie a had inter won in the last decade? Were they expected to win the serie a? Lol. Lukaku led inter to that scuddeto. 

The rest of your post is just foolish agenda so I won't give it the bare respect to even be replied back to. 

As for difference between our performances, you are seriously putting it on Lukaku😂😂😂. Not the fact that when we started the season, for literally a month, most of our no. 10s were either injured or playing ****. Mount and kai needed time, had anyways come late from the euros, puli and ziyech were injured. Like I said silly, foolish agenda which should not even be given the respect to be replied back to. 

As for the last point, I specifically remember you saying that goals were the problem which can be solved by SMS. I don't think any of us guessed or could have guessed that RJ will turn into cafu and our defenders would be scoring so much. So how exactly was sms or any goal scoring mid going to make a difference to this team  from last season from the bench? Or were we to continue struggling to score any goals throughout the season specially in context to what was happening last season. 

Do we need him? Unless we are looking to dump one of pulisic, ziyech, Werner or Havertz.

can't see CHO leaving as he has finally started showing what he's got

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10239651/Chelsea-make-monster-offer-84m-Juventus-star-Federico-Chiesa.html

30 minutes ago, Cheatedagain said:

Do we need him? Unless we are looking to dump one of pulisic, ziyech, Werner or Havertz.

can't see CHO leaving as he has finally started showing what he's got

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10239651/Chelsea-make-monster-offer-84m-Juventus-star-Federico-Chiesa.html

£84m deals in January are pretty rare.
Any deals predicted in November come off extremely rarely.
And what a coincidence someone dreamt this up the day after we played Juve and our 4th 5th and 6th AM's out played their star.

But Bonucci to Chelsea - you read it here first.

Watching  all the pictures during the game of Bonucci talking eagerly to Jorginho, I'm pretty sure he was asking if all those "Chelsea still in the market for a CB" stores are true.  Ironic since all the Bonucci to Chelsea rumours started under Conte and only recently died down.

paulw66   
8 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Chiesa would be bloody perfect for us. 

Yes.... But agree we would need to jettison someone 

Not sure on Chiesa, looked good at the Euros but his stats aren't great in Serie A considering, according to some,  it's such an inferior league. 

Certainly his record is nowhere near as good as Havertz, Werner, Pulisic or Ziyech before we bought them.

VA96   

If we were willing to spend 60-70m on Hakimi (and we didn't end up buying him), is there a pot of money sitting somewhere for a 'big' signing?

I can't think of many LBs out there  (if Chilwell diagnosis is ACL) if we wanted to spend big, Theo Hernandez maybe but would impede Maatsen's development, we have Emerson (on loan) and Alonso who have been proven to be difficult to sell, we could end up having 5 LBs at the club in summer!