Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

bert19   
On 11/25/2021 at 8:56 AM, VA96 said:

If we were willing to spend 60-70m on Hakimi (and we didn't end up buying him), is there a pot of money sitting somewhere for a 'big' signing?

I can't think of many LBs out there  (if Chilwell diagnosis is ACL) if we wanted to spend big, Theo Hernandez maybe but would impede Maatsen's development, we have Emerson (on loan) and Alonso who have been proven to be difficult to sell, we could end up having 5 LBs at the club in summer!

More likely to recall Maatsen or Emerson than signing anyone I would think.  I'd probably call one back even if Chilwell's knee seems ok if I'm honest.  Ligament injuries can be a bit unpredictable.  Alonso also played like a guy that knows he has no competition on Sunday - and not in a good way. 

Sounds like Christensen and his people have overplayed his hand as far as the club is concerned.  Reports seemed to suggest he wanted a very large payrise for a 3 year deal when the club expected 5 years.  Guessing the compromise was four and he's not playing ball with that either? 

Maybe him not re-signing frees up funds to go a bit bigger on Rudiger if the club want to? 

Interesting times ahead.  I was thinking some of these deals might have been close to being wrapped up (crap Christmas pun), but maybe now the club have identified a few targets that Tuchel would be happy with and have altered their stance on contract demands? 

How does that work?

Barca have no money yet seemingly want to buy Dave, Werner and Ziyech if we are to believe the Spanish press. Barca the new Chelsea?

8 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

How does that work?

Barca have no money yet seemingly want to buy Dave, Werner and Ziyech if we are to believe the Spanish press. Barca the new Chelsea?

Exactly.   Decent player, not starting enough - he used to be on his way to Chelsea, now it is Barca.  And Barca love the idea that they are still players in big football.

bert19   
16 hours ago, exiledblue said:

How does that work?

They’re being linked with absolutely everyone aren’t they. Despite the President having said it’s sell to buy and them having a load of players that nobody wants or can afford. Whilst I wouldn’t be shocked to hear of them being bailed out, it’s just lazy journalists spinning stories.

I’m quite shocked no one has gone in for Frenkie de Jong though to be honest. He’s a terrific player and looks like one of the few that could generate any money for them.