Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So do you all think we will buy several players in January or not?

We obviously need it, because another injury hit moment like we have had had/are having, will destroy our season. 

I think we will sign Kounde. 

We can't play the second half of the season with two centre backs that are going to leave.

Also a midfielder if the right one is available but I'm not even sure the right one exists.

27 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

So do you all think we will buy several players in January or not?

We obviously need it, because another injury hit moment like we have had had/are having, will destroy our season. 

None of our players have long-term injuries that will keep them out beyond mid-january.  And we have 25 players in the squad plus CHO.

So before buying anybody we have to think about who could be sold first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Also a midfielder if the right one is available but I'm not even sure the right one exists.

He is not available right now but I would pay the money required to get Declan Rice in this team, amazing talent.

Christensen has changed his representatives (it was formally his Dad) and his new representatives will pick up the talks with Chelsea over a new contract soon... that sounds to me like we'll get this done and that is ultimately what the player wants.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

We can't play the second half of the season with two centre backs that are going to leave.

Yeah, I think Kounde will come in as well and I think Tuchel will look to make him the long term replacement for Rudiger as Chalobah is for Azpi.

Christensen and Silva are signing new deals soon.

Rice would be the right midfielder, but he won't come in January, so I think we will live with what we have until then and hope that Saul can somehow find his form of a few years ago. The other player I would consider in midfield would be Bellingham, he is a very good player already and can be as good as he wants to be.

23 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Christensen has changed his representatives (it was formally his Dad) and his new representatives will pick up the talks with Chelsea over a new contract soon... that sounds to me like we'll get this done and that is ultimately what the player wants.

Interesting.  Sounds good, at least I want to believe in it.

57 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, I think Kounde will come in as well and I think Tuchel will look to make him the long term replacement for Rudiger as Chalobah is for Azpi.

Christensen and Silva are signing new deals soon.

Rice would be the right midfielder, but he won't come in January, so I think we will live with what we have until then and hope that Saul can somehow find his form of a few years ago. The other player I would consider in midfield would be Bellingham, he is a very good player already and can be as good as he wants to be.

I've said multiple times that I'm a massive fan of Declan Rice, long before we were linked with him, however I still maintain I would only buy him if we intended to play him centre half, which still seems to me to be his natural position.

For all the talk on this page, and elsewhere about out midfield and forwards not scoring enough, Rice is definitely not a solution to that. 

We certainly didn't need him from a defensive point of view when everyone was fit. The money he would cost he wouldn't come here as anything other than first choice and for me he doesn't get in above Jorginho or Kante and maybe not even Kovacic.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I've said multiple times that I'm a massive fan of Declan Rice, long before we were linked with him, however I still maintain I would only buy him if we intended to play him centre half, which still seems to me to be his natural position.

For all the talk on this page, and elsewhere about out midfield and forwards not scoring enough, Rice is definitely not a solution to that. 

We certainly didn't need him from a defensive point of view when everyone was fit. The money he would cost he wouldn't come here as anything other than first choice and for me he doesn't get in above Jorginho or Kante and maybe not even Kovacic.

Tin hat on Martin.

I don't disagree with you, but looking at the age profile of our midfield, there will be space for another in the not too distant future. 

Diddymen   
3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Can’t see Kounde joining in January. Sevilla are second in the league and probably don’t won’t to lose any players -especially defenders.

Edited by Diddymen

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Tin hat on Martin.

I don't disagree with you, but looking at the age profile of our midfield, there will be space for another in the not too distant future. 

Oh, 100% but I don't think that time is just yet and if we are looking to replace our irreplaceable midfielders I think we can do better. 

I like Declan Rice a lot but I do not see him ever playing a starting role in midfield for a top side, I just think he is too limited with the ball and doesn't offer enough else to make up for it.

A player I really like and would be right up there at the top of my list if I was looking for a new midfielder is Youri Tielemans, I'm amazed he's still at Leicester and think it's only a matter of time until he goes to a top club.