Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

ROTG   
5 hours ago, didierforever said:

They are easily one of the best teams in the world.

Only a Liverpool supporter would say such words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Only a Liverpool supporter would say such words. 

Let's have a semblance of respect for each other's opinion here. If you don't think a team that a team which went to the CL final twice (winning once), won a PL plus got 95+ points in another season (which would normally be more than enough points to get you another PL title), is one of the best in the world, then that's your opinion. 

I don't go about wearing rose tinted glasses and I definitely don't go about calling other chelsea fans as Liverpool fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Let's have a semblance of respect for each other's opinion here. If you don't think a team that a team which went to the CL final twice (winning once), won a PL plus got 95+ points in another season (which would normally be more than enough points to get you another PL title), is one of the best in the world, then that's your opinion. 

I don't go about wearing rose tinted glasses and I definitely don't go about calling other chelsea fans as Liverpool fans. 

I hate Liverpool football club with a passion, however once the seasons over I don’t give them a second thought.That said, I am honest enough to recognise how good they are and how great an impact Klopp has had on a mediocre team. If anyone has a problem with that then it’s exactly that, their problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Freeboot-Rightz said:

Only a Liverpool supporter would say such words. 

They were historically good team but until they start winning the Prem more than once in 30 years they are not so special. They are tied with Blackburn and Leicester. For a so called top team their last 30 years have been only OK. People complain here about what we do and dont win but we have won more than them.

Off track as this is the transfer forum so to bring it back I would say the only player I would want from their team in Mane. I think Liverpool will have problems without him and Salah as his squad is a bit thin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
10 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

They were historically good team but until they start winning the Prem more than once in 30 years they are not so special. They are tied with Blackburn and Leicester. For a so called top team their last 30 years have been only OK. People complain here about what we do and dont win but we have won more than them.

Off track as this is the transfer forum so to bring it back I would say the only player I would want from their team in Mane. I think Liverpool will have problems without him and Salah as his squad is a bit thin

Hence their convenient "Covid outbreak".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
50 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

They were historically good team but until they start winning the Prem more than once in 30 years they are not so special. They are tied with Blackburn and Leicester. For a so called top team their last 30 years have been only OK. People complain here about what we do and dont win but we have won more than them.

Off track as this is the transfer forum so to bring it back I would say the only player I would want from their team in Mane. I think Liverpool will have problems without him and Salah as his squad is a bit thin

VVD, Robertson, TAA, any of their CM, plus Mane and Salah would all add significant value to our squad at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   

If Newcastle are signing Trippier for 12m quid, that doesn't sound like a bad deal tbh.  Wonder if he'd be tempted by a couple of years here for that sort of fee? Could be a useful option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
20 minutes ago, bert19 said:

If Newcastle are signing Trippier for 12m quid, that doesn't sound like a bad deal tbh.  Wonder if he'd be tempted by a couple of years here for that sort of fee? Could be a useful option. 

for that money, we should definitely try 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bert19 said:

If Newcastle are signing Trippier for 12m quid, that doesn't sound like a bad deal tbh.  Wonder if he'd be tempted by a couple of years here for that sort of fee? Could be a useful option. 

He is 31, will be on big wages, and will be playing the most exhausting position in football and doing it in the Prem.
It is very expensive for a player with possibly just one and a half seasons left.
He offers nothing towards making Newcastle a big 4 club in 2 years time. 
On the other hand it is exactly what Newcastle need to stay up, this season.  They need 5 more like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now