Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Not this again...........because he wouldn't sign a new contract. It's really not hard to understand. 

Diddymen   
27 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Not this again...........because he wouldn't sign a new contract. It's really not hard to understand. 

Point taken

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Point taken

Apologies if that came across as aggressive. Poor day at work.

SabCFC   

Dest is a name I like A LOT better than Digne.

Digne is 28, on +£100k/week, way past his peak. In fact his peak was basically to be a crossing machine with a bit of pace. The pace is gone, the football IQ has always been nonexistent, and we're not a crossing team like Everton.

I don't think Everton will go for the loan without option to buy. They know his stocks will crumble soon, he's now basically riding a hype from 2019 maybe - so they better sell him now or be stuck with him on their salary bill without playing. Hopefully Newcastle baits on the (bad) deal like they did with 31 year old Trippier.

Dest on the other hand is 21, on much cheaper wages and has actual talent. Still raw, but can already play both sides - which is a welcome bonus. He needs refinement and maturity in his game, but is still fairly coachable. Most importantly, he can provide cover *and* long term competition to James & Chilwell.

Also, if Dest doesn't work out: very easy to move.

If Digne doesn't work out: you have a Zappacosta situation here.

Edited by SabCFC

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The same thing was said about lamptey during the Brighton game. !! Thank #uc# Nat Chalobah didn’t become a world beater either.

Diddymen   
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Apologies if that came across as aggressive. Poor day at work.

Not at all

bert19   
12 hours ago, SabCFC said:

Dest is a name I like A LOT better than Digne.

Also, if Dest doesn't work out: very easy to move.

If Digne doesn't work out: you have a Zappacosta situation here.

I would however be very wary of doing anything that a) helps Barca's financial situation and b) not examining the reasons that they've put a particular player on the market.  If he's one of their subs, he's not immediately good enough to come into the Chelsea team.  

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, bert19 said:

I would however be very wary of doing anything that a) helps Barca's financial situation and b) not examining the reasons that they've put a particular player on the market.  If he's one of their subs, he's not immediately good enough to come into the Chelsea team.  

I dunno.........They need to sell a couple of players to even be able to register Torres in their La Liga squad, so there is an air of desperation. 

The fact they are willing to sell someone, doesn't necessarily reflect on the player's ability, more a case of needs must. Not that I have ever seen Dest play, so I cannot comment on him specifically. 

bert19   
5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I dunno.........They need to sell a couple of players to even be able to register Torres in their La Liga squad, so there is an air of desperation. 

The fact they are willing to sell someone, doesn't necessarily reflect on the player's ability, more a case of needs must. Not that I have ever seen Dest play, so I cannot comment on him specifically. 

True, I can't say I'd be completely against it without knowing more about him, more I'm just very wary of signing one of Madrid or Barca's subs again.  Or indeed a first team player that they're willing to punt. 

It does make me question why they're willing? And Dani Alves has just been signed and gone into the team.  He's 38.  Dest is 21, it makes me wonder if that's indicative of their opinion on him?

paulw66   
1 minute ago, bert19 said:

True, I can't say I'd be completely against it without knowing more about him, more I'm just very wary of signing one of Madrid or Barca's subs again.  Or indeed a first team player that they're willing to punt. 

It does make me question why they're willing? And Dani Alves has just been signed and gone into the team.  He's 38.  Dest is 21, it makes me wonder if that's indicative of their opinion on him?

I would say it is more indicative of their ludicrous transfer policy.

They have spent 100m+ each on Dembele, Griezman, Coutinho......none of whom have done anything. They tried to solve their problems by signing a 33 year old Aguero, after giving away Suarez (and paying him off), only to watch him win the league with Atletico.

Their board is a shambles, and like I said, they are desperate to clear the decks ASAP, otherwise Torres, a 50m signing, cannot even be registered.