Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

bert19   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Their board is a shambles, and like I said, they are desperate to clear the decks ASAP, otherwise Torres, a 50m signing, cannot even be registered. 

Yeh. I just don't trust them at all 😄

I'm shocked that they're even being allowed to buy new players and add their salaries to the bill without selling or releasing players and reducing their wage bill back into the League limits.  It seems ridiculous.  

ROTG   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

I would however be very wary of doing anything that a) helps Barca's financial situation and b) not examining the reasons that they've put a particular player on the market.  If he's one of their subs, he's not immediately good enough to come into the Chelsea team.  

and he's played mostly on the right

Look like he was a koemann signing which says it all really

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

Yeh. I just don't trust them at all 😄

I'm shocked that they're even being allowed to buy new players and add their salaries to the bill without selling or releasing players and reducing their wage bill back into the League limits.  It seems ridiculous.  

It's because they're "more than a club", they're UEFA'S favourites.

bert19   
9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's because they're "more than a club", they're UEFA'S favourites.

True.  They're also really not a great side at the moment.  I honestly can't think of any players beyond Frenkie that I would see as a "oh yeh, he'd improve us straight away" signing if we went for any of their squad. 

That's what concerns me about Dest.  He may be a good player, but I don't see him coming in and immediately improving us, more a longer-term buy that needs work. And tbh, I don't want us signing players that they, Madrid or Juve want rid of given their current conditions - I want the ones they want to keep. 

54 minutes ago, bert19 said:

True.  They're also really not a great side at the moment. 

Barcelona, the Europa League side.

It's lovely to type it out. 

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/man-united-preparing-huge-contract-offer-for-antonio-rudiger_474689.html?newsnow

Man Utd still living in the past..Rudiger will only go abroad, no way will he join another PL club, hopefully he will come to his senses and stay here.

Christensen can clear off as far as I'm concerned, he should be grateful he has played so many games, too lightweight, if he had anything about him he would stay and learn off of Silva

Azpi owes us nothing, this could be his last chance to get a final big payday

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I dunno.........They need to sell a couple of players to even be able to register Torres in their La Liga squad, so there is an air of desperation. 

The fact they are willing to sell someone, doesn't necessarily reflect on the player's ability, more a case of needs must. Not that I have ever seen Dest play, so I cannot comment on him specifically. 

Bogaarde aside, we have had some great buys from Barca.
Ferrer, Petit, Deco, Belletti,  Pedro and Fabregas.
Zenden and Romeu weren't flops.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/played-for-both-chelsea-barcelona-12051824

SabCFC   
3 hours ago, bert19 said:

I would however be very wary of doing anything that a) helps Barca's financial situation and b) not examining the reasons that they've put a particular player on the market.  If he's one of their subs, he's not immediately good enough to come into the Chelsea team.  

a) They're skint; so they have to sell on the cheap. They've loaned out Coutinho to Villa and are paying 70% of his 6 months salary - currently can't register Ferran. Dest is one of their better assets I would say. Bayern like him very much too. If you can get him under his market value, I'd say they're the losers there.

b) He's not been used as much by Xavi, but I'd hardly take his judgement on players. He wants Morata. He's one of their better prospects, with actual talent, only 21 and good enough to play right now, on both sides (on the left particularly he's a Cancelo type). Under good coaching, I can only see him improving. I guess it's why Bayern still want him so much.

He's on 40k/week at Barça, he'd get what? 70k or 80k at Chelsea. A positive asset, with the ceiling to actually compete with James & Chilwell short and long term. Easy to move if it doesn't work out.

Digne is 28, on +100k/week (outrageous) and most definitely past his prime (at his prime, he wasn't good enough for a top club, by the way). He'll never challenge Chilwell, or even worse: if Chilwell isn't back to his best next year, you'll have to go back again in the market to get an expensive LB while carrying Digne's crazy wages. 

I hope Newcastle baits on the Digne deal like they did for Trippier. 

paulw66   

Tuchel indirectly confirmed we are trying to recall Emerson. Makes sense, I guess