Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

17 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I hope there is something more interesting happening somewhere for us

We'll be the last to know, that's for sure.

56 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

What has the world come to when the transfer window is open and the European champions are seemingly (before anyone says it I know we dont know) sniffing around an oily Traore and a LB recall. 

I hope there is something more interesting happening somewhere for us

The fact that we have players of Champions League winning standard is exactly why that is the profile of player we're looking at. You can have only so many £60m FBs, and if we genuinely needed an upgrade I'm confident we'd be spending that money and be linked with players of that quality. But we don't, because we have those players already. If we need anything, it's a survival strategy for about 4 months.

Edited by thevelourfog

Chrisb   
On 1/7/2022 at 4:13 PM, paulw66 said:

Surely they would love to have Barkley as compo?

Think you missed the s and t off the end of “compo”!

7 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Think you missed the s and t off the end of “compo”!

:)  I think it was a Last of the Summer Wine reference.

Or maybe he missed the h & I too. 

Actually he wasn't so bad yesterday.  Game was perfect for him.

Bison   

Traore would add a much needed dimension - a player capable of running by somebody and getting to the byline. I understand why a lot of people aren't sold on him but nobody in our squad is capable of getting by players on a consistent basis.

SabCFC   

I wish I shared the enthusiasm for Traoré, maybe 2 years ago he was still coachable but he'll be 26 soon and he's just an average player who's good at getting past people. Given the way our fans get frustrated at our own pretty good players,  poor guy would get slaughtered at a club with more exposure.

Spurs are rumoured to be interested. They've been for a while. Would be funny given they spent serious money on Emerson Royal in the summer. I know people believe Conte could work his Moses magic into him, maybe he can, but I have serious doubts.

Traoré might work in counterattacking styles of football but he's a lot less effective when he has no space to run into, and dribbling is literally his main contribution.

I don't believe we're "in" for Traore whatsoever , I would imagine all the talk is coming from his agent hoping someone is daft enough to sign a player who neither scores goals or assists others , surely our fabled scouting department wouldn't sign someone who doesn't score or assist .

Obviously we’re not in for Traore. It would be a laughable signing with completely wrong profile. We already have a speedster with zero technique and awareness. We don’t need two of them. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

32 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

I thought Lewis Hall played well, I know it was only Chesterfield, but he could cover for Alonso for the rest of the season until Chilwell is back

He played LCB - he barely advanced on the wing, his early assist was a rare exception.  I really think he would struggle as a 17 yo CB in the prem.
And we have no idea how he might play in a completely different position at WB.  I know he has played a lot of different positions so far, but I can't judge him on those games.
But yes, it was a great performance for a 17 year old, who still has a year and a half left at School (or at least the Chelsea version of School).