Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Also, an insight into Jose's thinking for next season...

But with [salah] and [Andre] Schurrle, [Eden] Hazard, Oscar and Willian, we will be fine. We lose an experienced top player like Juan, but we bring in a young player of great potential.
"And we have a couple of players on loan, Bertrand Traore [at Vitesse Arnhem], young [Thorgan] Hazard [at Zulte Waregem], Victor Moses [at Liverpool] - two or three players that we still think that we can bring one of them next season to make our group of players behind the striker, and we always play with three, will be very strong."

You act as if Mourinho has never made a mistake.

The trouble is that while Mourinho has certainly made mistakes - and has owned up to quite a few. it is very hard to spot new ones. And there are so many people with agendas trying to create mistakes that one can spend 99% of ones time on Mourinho just denying the many many lies out there.

crux   

Anyone know the status of the Salah transfer? I know we agreed the fee with Basel but any news on the medical/personal terms?

Maybe I am being gullable and believing everything that is printed in the press, but why does it seem so many of our players want to leave? its reported Romeu, Marin both want permanent transfers, Cortious wants to be able to tal to other clubs. Mata wants out as does Ba, De Bruyne and Essien wanted to leave, I get the impression Lukaku wants to be sold. Back in 2005 Mourinho seemedto be able to keep the squad players happy even though they were barely playing (this isn't a dig at Jose, I worship the man) But what is so different this time?

Or am I just over thinking this?

It's cause they aren't good enough and can't hang with the big boys.

Like Jose's thinking about Hazard/Traore/Moses, one to come back next season. Honestly difficult to choose. Tarore and Hazard are both excellent prospects, Moses is proven at Prem level and fits with Jose's style of play well. All will be good options to come in. Looks like Piazon won't be here next season if he wasn't mentioned by Jose - loaned out again?

I think our next few buys will be Zouma, Shaw and a main striker - and possibly Barkley too. I know, that's about £90 million worth. But we already have £20 million left over from this windows deals, and then there will be the outgoings in the summer.

If we are going for FFP then there will likely be a big outgoing in the summer. I suspect Zouma will come in this January, settle in for the rest of the season and then next season Luiz will be sold, for about £30 million or so, to Barca. JT will stay. Such garbage in the papers about him leaving. He loves CFC, Jose wants him to stay for sure and they will surely work out a deal. Ba's transfer will go through in the summer which will bring in £7 million. So we've then brought in about £35 million plus the £20 million left from this window, meaning our net spend will be only £35-40 million, which is about average for a Prem club. We might even end up selling Courtois (which I think would be a mistake - bring him back I say), which would bring in £20 million (a huge profit).

To me there is a plan, so I'm not worried at all. Jose knows who he wants. Salah wasn't planned, but only because he thought Mata would stay until United made their offer (more proof he didn't want him out, at least till the summer), and that's a great deal overall in the long-term.

Don't sell to United? Honestly, it doesn't make them much closer to us. We have a stronger squad, a better plan, and a much better manager. United sold to us when they were big, players they weren't planning on selling. It didn't change them being a top club. They sold to Madrid, and that didn't stop them being a big club.

Mata has gone now. Let's move on.

Thanks for the memories Juan.

And a postscript for Essien too - his departure official now:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3636995/title/Essien-move-agreed-with-milan?

A great player for us, especially first two seasons. A great signing and true champion - I wish him well.

Edited by James Prescott

life   

Ohhh great, now mata transfer has given rooney confidence to resign...great

300K apparently

I knew he might stay, he seemed to love mata, always going to him after games, almost begging to be friends with the man

United are mugs if they are going pay Rooney 300k a week.

Anyway its been a busier window than I anticipated, Traore in (and then out again) Matic and Salah in, Bertrand, Essien, De Bruyne and Mata all out. Are we stronger or weaker after this, I'm not sure yet. But I have total confidence in Jose's judgement and trust he knows what he is doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2545610/Manchester-United-bid-23m-Southampton-left-Luke-Shaw.html

United are going to bid for Shaw. If they do, expect us to make a bid. We've wanted him for ages and he's a Chelsea fan. If we bid and it's accepted, he will join us over United for absolute certain. And there is no way we'll let him get away IMO. All I've heard from people I know is that it's a matter of when, not if, he joins us. Other clubs will bid, but I think if he had his choice he'd join us.

And if United bid, I can't see us just sitting still. Especially with £20 million in credit now. Would be funny if we used United's money to beat them to Shaw.

In fact, in the same paper today, it says Barkley and Shaw are seen as the future at Chelsea. They are priority targets, and there's no way we'll let them get away. Especially as Shaw is a Chelsea fan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2545551/Jose-Mourinho-Roman-Abramovich-backing-despite-selling-Juan-Mata.html

Edited by James Prescott

I assume the 300k a week for Rooney is paper talk.

I may be wrong but I'd think them signing Mata would make it more likely that he doesn't sign a new contract because to me he is Rooney's replacement. They would be crazy to spend that amount of money and play him out wide. He is not a very good winger