Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

From memory Daniel Farke was quoted that "it's not my job to develop players for Chelsea" which is when he was dropped , I don't know what the new coach has said and  I haven't seen enough of Norwich to be hones , t but I do remember thinking they weren't much cop when I did see them, whereas Palace are pretty good . 

Farke also wanted Gilmour originally and was excited to have him onboard.

“We are really happy to have brought Billy in. We must say a big thank you to Chelsea and all those involved for making this deal happen,” the manager said.

“I think it helped that in the past we have shown that young players with potential are in good hands here at Norwich City.

“We are delighted to bring Billy in because we’ve lost some players in that area. We’re looking to improve our options, particularly in the centre of the park, and for that we’re happy to bring Billy in.

“We got the feeling that he can help us a lot with his ability to link the play, his technical qualities and also his work against the ball. From the football point of view, but also from his character he is the perfect fit to our squad.”

Farke added: “He will help us to achieve our targets. We still have to keep in mind that he is an unbelievably young guy and that he hasn’t played regularly on this level. We have to give him some time and space to improve and find his rhythm.

“All in all, we got the feeling that he can help us achieve our targets and he’s a perfect fit for us.”

Norwich are looking to stay in the Premier League longer-term this time round, having been relegated after only one season upon their promotion in 2019.

So far, they have also added ex-Werder Bremen striker Milot Rashica and former Southampton goalkeeper Angus Gunn to their ranks.

With how things eventually panned out, it would seem to suggest that Farke either;

• Wasn't impressed with the performances Gilmour was offering,
  • Felt it was an area of the pitch that needed more presence to turn things around and Gilmour was the odd man out.

Under Dean Smith he claimed Gilmour to be important to their hopes of avoiding relegation, and has played 8 of the last 11 games since returning from injury, with 3 of those appearances off the bench. He's still by large not been great, but again neither have Norwich as a whole.

As for Gallagher, he also played in a relegated WBA side that finished second last with only 5 wins for the season. Yet, still largely played 90 minutes every week and stood out. 

Holymoly   
10 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

You also can't put too much stock in his NT performances because it's not the same as club football either.

You're confusing yourself with this statement. No international football isn't the same. It depends much more on individual performance whereas club football is more about the collective being more than the sum of its parts. It wouldn't matter a jot how good Gilmour was in the Norwich midfield as the team is so poor, and bear in mind his ratings for the season to date still would have him in the starting midfield. Anyway it's all hypothetical, I just hope he is given a fair crack of the whip in pre-season. Also if I were him, and given the choice, I would opt to stay at Chelsea next season as it's unlikely we're going to see many replacements signed in midfield due to the priorities being elsewhere and as such the injuries will probably rack up again. He would certainly get game time even if he's second reserve, especially if we wave Jorginho back off to Italy.

1 minute ago, xCELERYx said:

Farke also wanted Gilmour originally and was excited to have him onboard.

With how things eventually panned out, it would seem to suggest that Farke either;

• Wasn't impressed with the performances Gilmour was offering,
  • Felt it was an area of the pitch that needed more presence to turn things around and Gilmour was the odd man out.

Under Dean Smith he claimed Gilmour to be important to their hopes of avoiding relegation, and has played 8 of the last 11 games since returning from injury, with 3 of those appearances off the bench. He's still by large not been great, but again neither have Norwich as a whole.

As for Gallagher, he also played in a relegated WBA side that finished second last with only 5 wins for the season. Yet, still largely played 90 minutes every week and stood out. 

Yes , I'm not saying Billy is as good as Conor as clearly they are not , but Billy did look a tidy player albeit in the traditional " Play as a holding player , that's easy" traditional Chelsea role. 

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

"Bailing out" the player was voted in the top 3 midfielders in Europe. Wow.

Maybe I was being a little over the top with that statement however I think we all wondered who Jorginho had to sleep with to get that endorsement at the time.

chara   
20 hours ago, Ham said:

I read today that Bakayoko is on his way back to the club. Anyone think there is any chance that TT can find a player in there with his coaching skills?

Thanks Ham...made me smile.... gave me an image of him "on his way back to the club."....standing by a dusty roadside with his boots hanging around his neck...duffle bag on the ground, thumb out hitching a ride and a sign saying "Fulham Broadway"'.

Edited by chara
  • Haha 2

Sciatika   
20 hours ago, Ham said:

I read today that Bakayoko is on his way back to the club. Anyone think there is any chance that TT can find a player in there with his coaching skills?

Maybe if we turn the lights off and hide, he'll think there's no one at home.

Ham   

The results on my CFCnet market research poll on Bakayoko are in and they don't look good for him. 

My partner is from Norfolk and her family are Norwich fans so I've watched them a few times this season. Gilmour has looked poor more often than not, on his own terms. He isn't ready for us, not even close. He may still get there but the idea he comes in now for Jorginho AND that would represent an improvement is delusional.