Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
1 hour ago, ROTG said:

 

He Doesn’t have any choice he’s under contract for next season. 

 

Technically, yes, but we're not going to get the best out of a player who doesn't want to be here.

For me, Perisic on a free makes a lot more sense over keeping an unhappy player, or spending 30m (plus wages) on a back up one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short-term thinking signing players of that age though, unless they are of the level of a Silva.

Better value would be to look for a steady but not great  player in their mid to late twenties for  £10-15 million, or  take a punt on on a younger player who is raw but has potential to grow into a decent number two.

Best to take our time over the whole rebuild process, rather than go for quick fix panic signings 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think it's best to let the manager decide.

If he wants Perisic we should do our best to get him regardless of what anyone on a forum thinks about his age or who we should buy instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Personally I think it's best to let the manager decide.

If he wants Perisic we should do our best to get him regardless of what anyone on a forum thinks about his age or who we should buy instead.

How dare you come in here and talk sense! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2022 at 9:48 PM, GURJ SS said:

If that's the case then the new owner(s) better have deep pockets and be willing to dig very deep. If they're looking for short term success and to sustain it onwards then we'd be looking at £500m this summer and another £500m next summer; because reality is we're a lot further behind than we realise. If we don't have a long term plan then we'll have to rely on individual ability rather than team spirit to see us be successful.

Chucking 1bn GBP on the problem won’t solve it. We need players that fit with how the manager wants to play, give him the freedom to build the squad long term, and accept that may mean we won’t sign the flavour of the month each summer. 

Look at City and Liverpool. I’ve been stating the bleeding obvious for well over a decade but always get laughed at. You build long term success by building for the long term. It’s so obvious it almost becomes ridiculous to say it. Yet every bloody summer we are in some sort of crisis mode. 

Give Tuchel a new 6 year deal and sign players that he wants. Not what some scout or agent looking to line their own pockets think we should do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Floyd25   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

If he wants Perisic we should do our best to get him regardless of what anyone on a forum thinks about his age or who we should buy instead.

Agreed, might have my doubts on Perisic personally, but I think Tuchel might be a little bit more qualified than me haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

 

Give Tuchel a new 6 year deal

💰💰💰💰💰💰

Nobody gets a 6 year contract and for good reasons!

Another 3 years would be ample time for TT to finish the rebuild and see some significant improvement in consistency of performance and a closing of the gap to the top two. If he fails to do that, then it will be time for him to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ROTG   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Technically, yes, but we're not going to get the best out of a player who doesn't want to be here.

For me, Perisic on a free makes a lot more sense over keeping an unhappy player, or spending 30m (plus wages) on a back up one

Ok

lets see what happens in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   
4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

 

Better value would be to look for a steady but not great  player in their mid to late twenties for  £10-15 million,

Already have Emerson and that approach didn’t work. We have gone out in search for a LB every season for a few years now. And Emerson didn’t serve his purpose either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Already have Emerson and that approach didn’t work. We have gone out in search for a LB every season for a few years now. And Emerson didn’t serve his purpose either

And Zappacosta on the other side 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now