Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sciatika   

Not criticising Bassey - I have no idea, I haven't watched him - but it reminds me of a comment about Carlton Cole. "He covers every blade of grass on the pitch...with a first-touch like that, he has to."

bert19   
9 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

You mean the bloke that kept recovering his own mistakes? 

As opposed to some of our defenders that make the mistakes and then just watch the consequences happen? 😄

I can't say I've watched him extensively (who in their right mind does watch Scottish football to that extent?), but he seemed strong, quick, aggressive and coachable from what I saw.  Maybe he'd be a good project if there's a reasonable fee involved?

I didn't notice mistakes in that EL final either really, he did a good job of mopping up for others like the perennially overrated Ryan Kent though.  

10 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

You mean the bloke that kept recovering his own mistakes? 

Well there was one, that he did very well to put right.

I do think we need to get the Boehly thing over the line asap as clubs are already signing players , Liverpool and Villa have already signed players apparently 

Not sure where to put this, but given he moved from the coaching to the recruitment side of things - and there's no dedicated thread for staff in general - I thought I'd put it here (feel free to move elsewhere, mods). 15 years of service to the cause that is CFC. Good luck for the future.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 11-11-18 Christophe Lollichon on Twitter.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Not criticising Bassey - I have no idea, I haven't watched him - but it reminds me of a comment about Carlton Cole. "He covers every blade of grass on the pitch...with a first-touch like that, he has to."

Be nice if Lukaku covered as much ground after his first touch.

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

This is what I was getting at.  I appreciate he had a good game however, the several times I've watched him play he doesn't look comfortable on the ball. He is athletic and powerful but, I don't see much beyond that. 

2 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

athletic and powerful 

That seems all that matters these days 

3 hours ago, bert19 said:

As opposed to some of our defenders that make the mistakes and then just watch the consequences happen? 😄

I can't say I've watched him extensively (who in their right mind does watch Scottish football to that extent?), but he seemed strong, quick, aggressive and coachable from what I saw.  Maybe he'd be a good project if there's a reasonable fee involved?

I didn't notice mistakes in that EL final either really, he did a good job of mopping up for others like the perennially overrated Ryan Kent though.  

Reports/rumours on the net yesterday that we are 'battling' Bayern Munich for his signature

ROTG   
36 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Reports/rumours on the net yesterday that we are 'battling' Bayern Munich for his signature

Nathan Collins at Burnley is a better option with PL miles on the clock, and is available for £17.5m. His release clause if Burnley went down