Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

23 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Lukaku is a good and sometimes very good striker, one who can help an average team to the next level. That in no way makes him close to being an elite level player. An elite level player can be the difference in a team between being top four and serious title contenders. A clear difference in level to what Lukaku is capable of doing for a team. Being king of the castle at the worlds richest club that's on the way up and being adored by 50,000 Geordies (which he would be) would be enough to satisfy a player with a big ego.

You and I will have to beg to differ on this. I can't see Lukaku wanting to join any team NOT playing in the Champions League... no matter how many drunken, adoring, Geordies are roaring him on.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

You and I will have to beg to differ on this. I can't see Lukaku wanting to join any team NOT playing in the Champions League... no matter how many drunken, adoring, Geordies are roaring him on.

I agree but £500k a week could change his mind.

Diddymen   

TT mentioned that he would stick around before going on his hols to decide on transfers - Kounde was spotted in oxford street today 

chara   
30 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

TT mentioned that he would stick around before going on his hols to decide on transfers - Kounde was spotted in oxford street today 

And Elvis was in my local gas station (US language!)....media report here on my Local Channel 31....just saying! 

Smile!

3 minutes ago, chara said:

And Elvis was in my local gas station (US language!)....media report here on my Local Channel 31....just saying! 

Smile!

The dead one or Costello?

chara   
2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

The dead one or Costello?

They are different?...musically that is. 

Rob B   
1 hour ago, Diddymen said:

Yeah I saw that on social media too.

That one is all but done IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I didn’t know this…

Odd.

If he's on loan (though CFC announced it as a 'permanent move' at the time) can he be recalled? If not, it's not a loan but a sale with a deferred payment. Maybe something has been lost in translation?

xCELERYx   
8 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Imho, our number one transfer priority should be to start with the biggest problem and that is Lukaku! We should accept whatever price we can get and I would honestly settle for less than half what we paid for him.

And replace him with who exactly? 

Much like the case last summer, there really isn't a deep pool of proven goalscoring forwards that are obtainable. 

Haaland is off to City and much like Werner and Lukaku thrives in space. Benzama ain't leaving Madrid, nor is Kane joining us. This leaves Lewa, although he preferences Barca by all reports and would only be a temp solution due to age anyway.

After those the drop off is pretty damn steep and like it or not Lukaku is probably the next best out and out striker. Unless you wish to consider the likes of a 32 year old Immobile who can't play outside of Italy, leaving Partrik Schick as arguably the best of the rest. 

The quality of CF's in world football right now is quite grim.