Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
18 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Isn't it the opposite of putting all of our eggs in one basket? If we sign a striker who is our focal point and banging goals for fun and he then gets injured then that's most of our goals gone. 

Not suggesting we put all our eggs into the striker basket alone. I'm thinking more along the lines of having a balanced spread that can be split between both the striker/s, but also the wider options and midfield. 

Unlike some I'm not obsessed over the idea of needing a 30+ a season striker. Someone who can provide 15-20 a season is good enough providing the supporting cast also chip in with their 10-15. 

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I think City have been offered the chance to get a generational talent at a young age and for a great price so they have snapped him up. Doesn't change the fact that they have won the league this year without playing a centre forward and I'm sure £100m could have bought them one last summer instead of Grealish if they deemed it that important. You've also ignored the fact that Liverpool have come with one CL final and 1 PL point of winnning a quadruple without a centre forward in the squad.

I didn't suggest we had the pieces to play that way already. I was suggesting that if the striker market is looking poor, it might be easier to find a couple of guys to score 10-15 goals from wide positions than a striker who is going to bang in 30. I think with another year of experience under their belt Mount (11 PL goals) and Havertz (8 PL goals this season with sporadic minutes) are both capable of 10-15 goals. With the right talent identification and tactical instruction, it shoulddn't to think we could bring in 2 wide players who are capable of the same. Add in a fit Chilwell and Reece James for most of the season and suddenly the team has goals coming from everywhere. 

Personally I think City wish they'd had a centre forward last season where they got knocked out of the Champions League and had to win the last game of the season coming from behind to land the Premier League trophy .

They waited for who they wanted , we decided we'd sign the next biggest available name to complete the team.  Lol. 

Liverpool I grant you don't really need one but that's because they have goals in abundance from Salah , Mane , Jota , Diaz and Firmino and Origi as stand by options .

Lukaku has been nothing short of a disaster for us , truculent , big headed , overweight and entitled , and those are his good points.

Personally I think we need someone we can play off of and Lukaku isn't that person .

Edited by Mark Kelly

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Personally I think we need someone we can play off of and Lukaku isn't that person .

That's where it will be interesting for City. My view of Haaland is that, whilst slightly improved recently, he isn't a great technical footballer. A great goal poacher and powerful runner, yes but it could potentially be a big change for City. He isn't going to be playing like Kane and dropping deep to link the play very often.

25 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

That's where it will be interesting for City. My view of Haaland is that, whilst slightly improved recently, he isn't a great technical footballer. A great goal poacher and powerful runner, yes but it could potentially be a big change for City. He isn't going to be playing like Kane and dropping deep to link the play very often.

He isn’t going to get many on the counter attack for City either 

23 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Tchouameni signing for Real Madrid.

We dodged a bullet there. We got Saul. 

Could be worse than that - he could go to the scousers.

Ham   

Hello 😳

kratos   
51 minutes ago, Ham said:

Hello 😳

Apparently that also includes having to sell as well. That is if reports are to be believed.

Cutting cloth accordingly.

Edited by kratos