Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Aston Villa agree deal to sign Diego Carlos from Sevilla for £26m

Koundé's defensive partner. We'll have to trigger his release clause if we want him.

6 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

So it seems like Tuchel is unlikely to move away from the current system. Given the rumours it feels like something similar to the below is likely. How would people feel about that? 

Tchouameni is probably Madrid bound and Rice is going to cost an unreasonable amount so I'm not sure whatt he alternative will be. Depending on what you believe Nkunku could be Dembele, Sterling or Neymar. We would have a worrying lack of experience and depth at centre half for a team that plays 3 of them in my opinion. If Werner and Ziyech are both allowed to leave then surely we need to sign 2 attackers? In an ideal world I think Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech and Lukaku would all be turned over but there is absolutely no chance of that.

Mendy

Kounde - Thiago Silva - Gvardiol

James - Kante - Tchouameni - Chilwell

Mount - Havertz - Nkunku

Kepa - Chalobah - Colwill - Azpilicueta - Emerson - Kovacic - Loftus Cheek - Gallagher - Pulisic - Werner -Lukak

Edited by boratsbrother

Are Sevilla really going to sell both starting CBs? We spent all last summer convinced Kounde was just a matter of time, so will believe it when I see it.

26 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Are Sevilla really going to sell both starting CBs? We spent all last summer convinced Kounde was just a matter of time, so will believe it when I see it.

If we trigger his release clause (€68m I think) they have no choice but to accept our offer. It's then down to the player if he wants to leave.

It would leave them with just the one centre back.

[EDIT: Last summer we tried to negotiate a lower fee but go nowhere. If we thought to use the same tactic this summer, that sale to Villa has probably meant we stand no chance of "doing a deal" for, say, €50m]

Edited by Bob Singleton

8 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

So it seems like Tuchel is unlikely to move away from the current system. Given the rumours it feels like something similar to the below is likely. How would people feel about that? 

Tchouameni is probably Madrid bound and Rice is going to cost an unreasonable amount so I'm not sure whatt he alternative will be. Depending on what you believe Nkunku could be Dembele, Sterling or Neymar. We would have a worrying lack of experience and depth at centre half for a team that plays 3 of them in my opinion. If Werner and Ziyech are both allowed to leave then surely we need to sign 2 attackers? In an ideal world I think Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech and Lukaku would all be turned over but there is absolutely no chance of that.

Mendy

Kounde - Thiago Silva - Gvardiol

James - Kante - Tchouameni - Chilwell

Mount - Havertz - Nkunku

Kepa - Chalobah - Colwill - Azpilicueta - Emerson - Kovacic - Loftus Cheek - Gallagher - Pulisic - Werner -Lukaku

I would mind this for a starting eleven.

Mendy.

James.  Kounde. Silva. Chilwell.

Chalobah.

Gallagher. Kova. Eriksen. Mount 

Havertz.

Are Barca the new Chelsea?

These seem to be the players we are currently being most heavily linked to, out of the 20-30 names that papers & bloggers have discussed over the last few months:

Jules Koundé (Sevilla) Right Sided CB

Joško Gvardiol (RB Leipzig) Left Sided CB

Ivan Perišić (Inter Milan) Left WB/Winger *

Adrien Rabiot (Juventus) Central Midfield

Ousmane Dembélé (Barcelona) Left Sided Attacker *

Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig) Attacker

* Out of contract after 30 June

Ro61   

I still think we should be looking closer to home for new players or promote from within.First of all there is no question the premiership is the best league in the world,so why should we scour the world looking for players that already exist under our noses?

There are plenty of 'value' products on the supermarket shelves equally as good at a fraction of the price as 'big brands' at a fraction of the price.

I hope(no I know)the likes of Bakayoko,among many others will never get at look in again - in one of the best teams in the world.

Surprised Eriksen hasn't been mentioned more. Seems to want to stay in London and has said he wants to win trophies so really there is only one club for him.

Said a little while ago the best business this summer will be in the free agent market. Pogba, Dybala, Eriksen, Perisic, Dembele, Kessie to name a few. 

Would allow us to spend big on a couple of centre Half's. 

bert19   
17 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hear Sam Johnstone is being "let go" by WBA  he's halfway decent

That's an interesting one. Would he want to be a backup though? 

I wonder if someone like Ben Foster for a year or two might suffice? PL experienced goalie, played for a lot of struggling sides, maybe he'd like an easier life and a bit of a crack at some trophies? 

• Like 1