Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

30 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

I doubt Eriksen would come here and alienate the Spurs support. He was a fans favourite there and he could happily become a cult hero at the Bees.

I don't see why he wouldn't join us, we would offer a much better chance of winning trophies than any other team in London, he apparently wants to stay there and win trophies so it's a bit of a no brainer.

The days of player loyalty are long gone. He may of course want to return to Tottenham and finish his career there,  winning nothing else. Which is fine by me. 

Also, I know a lot of Tottenham fans and by the end of his time there a lot of them had had enough of him and were not disappointed to see him leave. I don't think there is that much there to be honest.

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Also, I know a lot of Tottenham fans and by the end of his time there a lot of them had had enough of him and were not disappointed to see him leave. I don't think there is that much there to be honest.

wouldn't that ring alarm bells then?

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

wouldn't that ring alarm bells then?

Not really. He wanted to leave and ran his contract down. Don't really see the problem with it personally. 

Let's not forget just how bitter Tottenham fans are about pretty much everything.

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I can't believe Pogba's name is cropping up. 

This is another player that the vast majority of the Utd fan base cannot wait to see the back of. He has failed to hack it in the poorest Utd team many people have ever seen, yet some would like him to come here👎👎👎👎👎

It's like we haven't learned a thing from the disasterous mistake of another one they couldn't wait to get rid of. 

His name is cropping up because he is likely to leave and we are, unfortunately, a plausible destination. I don't think we have anyone that is really holding out on him coming here apart from maybe the FIFA/twitter/yoof

bert19   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I can't believe Pogba's name is cropping up. 

This is another player that the vast majority of the Utd fan base cannot wait to see the back of. He has failed to hack it in the poorest Utd team many people have ever seen, yet some would like him to come here👎👎👎👎👎

It's like we haven't learned a thing from the disasterous mistake of another one they couldn't wait to get rid of. 

The fact that there is still a debate about Pogba mystifies me (and shows that the media bias for certain teams does actually exist).  

He's been at United for 6 years, on mega wages, signed for a massive fee and has done precisely nothing of value.  Imagine if he had one season playing like that for us.  He'd have immediately been branded a huge failure.  He's unbelievably lucky to have any sort of reputation intact.  He's been a dressing room tumour and a huge waste of money. 

paulw66   

Palace are signing Sam Johnstone from WBA.

Butland could be available as a No2 if we can offload Kepa

Diddymen   

seems like Perisic is off to Spurs. No surprise really as he worked with Conte whilst at Inter. also read that he is out injured for a month and has had quite a few injuries in the past.

Ro61   
16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If TT is going to continue with a 343, I don't see where an Eriksen fits in.

If he goes to a 433, then there is a logical space 

So a slight tweak in formation means Eriksen(or any other player) wouldn't fit in? 

Football is not a jigsaw  puzzle,it's about players adapting and can play in at least one other position,and formation is dependent on the opposition.

Edited by Ro61

I'm interested to see if the new regime cuts our losses with the deadwood, or keeps going with the policy of loan + contract extension. All of these players are still under contract until at least 2023:

Barkley, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Miazga, Baba Rahman

17 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I'm interested to see if the new regime cuts our losses with the deadwood, or keeps going with the policy of loan + contract extension. All of these players are still under contract until at least 2023:

Barkley, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Miazga, Baba Rahman

Is it a Chelsea  'policy' or simply because no other club  wants to pay for these players? Look at those names  again.............