Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Does anybody think Pogba is worth a shout. I think his problems were more the environment than himself. 

Definitely not. Far too high maintenance. Can’t bear players like that, no matter how talented they are. Pain in the a***

• Like 1

Kezza   
9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Sky showed a clip where TT is asked about Lukaku''s future. TT said Lukaku wanted to talk to the new owner rather than TT,  which strongly suggests to me that the two of them are not on the best of terms, though it has to be said that TT looked more amused than anything.

Sky also showed Lukaku's stats for the season and highlighted the fact that he didn't have a single assist all season. Quite a remarkable stat for a player in that position and one which further underlines just how bad his overall play was.

I think most people could identify what a misfit he would be in our system before he signed and many people were questioning his ability. Not sure why we went ahead to sign him and at that price to boot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Definitely not. Far too high maintenance. Can’t bear players like that, no matter how talented they are. Pain in the a***

Jane puts it much more kindly than I would but the sentiment is the same , I wouldn't touch Pogberk with a twenty foot pole , getting rid of one idiot who thinks better than he is and replacing him with the best mate who convinced him to snub us and sign for United would be the work of a madman.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Jane puts it much more kindly than I would but the sentiment is the same , I wouldn't touch Pogberk with a twenty foot pole , getting rid of one idiot who thinks better than he is and replacing him with the best mate who convinced him to snub us and sign for United would be the work of a madman.

Would rightly groan at some of our horrendous transfer mistakes but none of them can equal Utd's history dealing with Pogba.

They let a highly rated young  talent go on a free. Buy him back 4 years later for a world record fee, then 6 years later they  let him go again on another free. 🤡🤡🤡

chara   

No to Pogba for all the reasons listed ..... seemed to be a dream transfer for manure and I remember that at that time many wanted him at SB...not a bad viewpoint then but never really fulfilled his awesome potential.... how old is he now?....no point in looking at a Kante linkup as My Blood Is Blue points out...better he goes to Italy and has an easier chance to look like the Star he once looked to be in a less demanding league.

Kezza   

Why we even discussing pogba. That guy ain’t even that special and only appear in flashes. De Jong would be my wish list. Even better since Utd is targeting him as a replacement for pog 

Bison   

Pogba under a serious coach like Tuchel could be interesting but there are simply too many red flags.

Rob B   

Seen a few links to Lautaro Martinez over the last few days.  Anyone know much about him?

Having watched highlights of the Argentina game and a few YouTube clips, he certainly seems much more technically able than Werner and Lukaku.  Looks to be similar in profile to a Tevez / Aguero / Sanchez type of player. 

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Seen a few links to Lautaro Martinez over the last few days.  Anyone know much about him?

Having watched highlights of the Argentina game and a few YouTube clips, he certainly seems much more technically able than Werner and Lukaku.  Looks to be similar in profile to a Tevez / Aguero / Sanchez type of player. 

Pretty sure Lukaku would have spent the last six months filling his ears with all kinds of Chelsea scare stories.

He seems like that type of wardrobe person.

JaneB   

Please can we buy back Juan Mata?

No, I know, but one of Jose's less good decisions at the time and a special man.