Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

30 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Seen a few links to Lautaro Martinez over the last few days.  Anyone know much about him?

Having watched highlights of the Argentina game and a few YouTube clips, he certainly seems much more technically able than Werner and Lukaku.  Looks to be similar in profile to a Tevez / Aguero / Sanchez type of player. 

I've never seen him play so can't give an opinion on his ability. However, he is at least in the right age bracket I'd like us to be looking at and probably a hungrier player than flashy wasters  like a Pogba or Neymar, who we should not even be thinking about.

Edited by boratsbrother

Sciatika   

FWIW, Lautaro Martinez said he wants to stay at Inter next season.

37 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

FWIW, Lautaro Martinez said he wants to stay at Inter next season.

11 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Swap Lautaro with Wardrobe. Done

Isn't he the player that Lukaku told to stay put in Italy because he was coming back soon ?

Looks like he had a plan from the off .

I don't ever want to see his round sweaty face ever again .

Sciatika   

It is at times like this that I realise that I don't watch enough football to have an opinion on transfers. I have not watched enough of the academy this season to know where they all are in their progression, let alone the games of those loaned out or even those who are not currently connected with our club. The best I can hope for is videos of players that only show the best bits often on repeat. I see the performance of our current players and I could make judgements but to paraphrase Thomas Sowell: "Compared to what? At what cost?". I would not risk £30 let alone £30m on judgements made on that basis of so little evidence. Best if I leave it t the club.

chara   
12 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It is at times like this that I realise that I don't watch enough football to have an opinion on transfers. I have not watched enough of the academy this season to know where they all are in their progression, let alone the games of those loaned out or even those who are not currently connected with our club. The best I can hope for is videos of players that only show the best bits often on repeat. I see the performance of our current players and I could make judgements but to paraphrase Thomas Sowell: "Compared to what? At what cost?". I would not risk £30 let alone £30m on judgements made on that basis of so little evidence. Best if I leave it t the club.

My feelings exactly.... as an OG I recall watching on a Saturday morning Hollins and Chopper as juniors but the administration/business side of the game has changed so much it is as Sciatika says hard to have a considered opinion of non EPL players and even then unless one makes a point of following a player at another club, something I doubt any of us do except against Chelsea or by chance. the danger becomes,of course,  seeing a Kalou scoring a hattrick and thinking that is the player's standard game. (It did happen..remember?)

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Lots of media talk that Dembele is a done deal 

1 leage goal last season. Tbf to him, when you include all competitions it goes up to ... 2.

I won't slate him, I've hardly seen him play. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances, or he'll bring much to our attacking play without himself being the person with the finishing touch. But I won't lie, so few goals from an attacking player doesn't fill me with confidence that what he will bring is what we actually need.

paulw66   
50 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

1 leage goal last season. Tbf to him, when you include all competitions it goes up to ... 2.

I won't slate him, I've hardly seen him play. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances, or he'll bring much to our attacking play without himself being the person with the finishing touch. But I won't lie, so few goals from an attacking player doesn't fill me with confidence that what he will bring is what we actually need.

He also got 13 assists in 21 games (1400 minutes)

Edited by paulw66