Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Not a fan of Sterling. At all. I actually think he's rubbish but what do I know.

One thing I would say though is Sterling and Dembele on either side of whoever changes our attack considerably. Both completely different players to what we currently have.

ROTG   
36 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

One thing I would say though is Sterling and Dembele on either side of whoever changes our attack considerably. Both completely different players to what we currently have.

Both also spend quite a bit of time on the treatment table.  

Neither are a priority. CB, MF and cutting the current wage bill are way ahead of those two. 

I remember a cup game against Liverpool and Sterling was brilliant - only a few players I've witnessed play like that against us.  Personally, I rate him as a player but, I don't see it happening.  The way I look at it is would I see the player as a threat when we play against them - in my opinion, Sterling fits into the category.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

And therein lies the problem imo. None of them has done anything to warrant a shot as a starter for us. They are simply not good enough. 

In my opinion, and I appreciate plenty will disagree, I can only see a few players that I’d want to keep no matter what. Mendy, James, Chilwell, Silva, Kante, Mount. 

Then there’s a group of players who I think we should keep since they fill a role and does it well. Chalobah, Azpilicueta, Kovacic and Havertz. 

The rest could leave as far as I’m concerned. Areas where we need heavy investment - CB, CM, AM and S. another summer where we are going back to the drawing board. 

I think that is extremely harsh on Kovacic. He's a brilliant player, and given the choice of keeping him or Kante, my goodness, who would choose Kante now? 

Kante has managed 55 PL starts across the last 3 seasons. Just under half. 

I take your point on the rest, particularly the forwards. If we had a top class front 3, I wouldn't have a problem with any of Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech or CHO being squad players. 

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Neither are a priority. CB, MF and cutting the current wage bill are way ahead of those two. 

Sterling hasn't played less than 30 PL games in any one season at Man City for the 7 seasons he has been there. 

21 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Keep saying it, the priority is what the manager wants. If he wants Sterling, I absolutely don't but begrudgingly admit Thomas may know a bit more than me, and he is available we have to do everything we can to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

How much did Madrid pay for Hazard? 😉

If ever there was a good example of why it's a bad idea though, hey?

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I think we'd be paying more or less the same amount either summer. The only real difference is who to.

Probably fair, although I'd like to think we would still be well south of £50-60m (I could see £10m to the agent and £20-30m to the player tops surely?) but again maybe I'm naive and of course the wages would be insane as you all say.

Have to say, I think I'd rather the money goes to the player who is the talent personally especially when the alternative is giving it to Man City and the Etihad group.

Not keen on the Sterling rumours would much prefer Jesus out of the two , but like Martin says , if TT want's it I'm all for it . 

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not keen on the Sterling rumours would much prefer Jesus out of the two , but like Martin says , if TT want's it I'm all for it . 

Who knows, maybe we are going to see a completely different system next year with a back 4 and something like this:

Mount Kovacic

Dembele Havertz Sterling 

Jesus