Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

Ro61   
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

On a more general point, being entertaining, isn't the end game. Goals, clean sheets, winning, trophies is what it's about 

Entertainment is a must in the game as a spectator or a fan,why would you watch otherwise?.

I agree that winning trophies is important,but without being entertained I'd rather do something else,even if it is Chelsea playing.

Sacrilege! I hear you scream😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GURJ SS   

Actually liked the look of Gianluca Scamacca for Italy, I haven't kept up to date with Serie A this season like I normally do but rumour is PSG and Arsenal are in for him. Based on the game and I'll admit, YouTube (hate using it to rate a player but he looks impressive in his 1v1 and even 1v2-or-3 situations), think he's the player we were probably looking for when we signed Lukaku. Lets face it, the way we play simply doesn't allow a striker to receive the ball played beyond the opposition defence or make runs across the box, we much prefer someone to hold the ball up and help us keep possession; Scamacca could do that very well for us but he has pace, athleticism and the odd skill in his locker too. He currently plays for Sassuolo so I doubt they'd be able to hold onto him and that'll keep the price decent.

As much as I'd like to see marquee signings being made I think we need to be astute with our spending, the prices being thrown around regarding Kounde and Rice are astronomical figures for players who haven't really proved that they'd actually improve us. Kounde does nothing that Tomori and Guehi couldn't have done for us. Chalobah can do what Rice can do, these are not special elite players, they're not the next Tiago Silva or a Casemiro, they're average to good players; and it shows at international level because England look quite vulnerable in midfield far too often, and did tonight until Phillips replaced Rice, and that says enough because Phillips isn't known for his defending as much as Rice is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
5 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Actually liked the look of Gianluca Scamacca for Italy, I haven't kept up to date with Serie A this season like I normally do but rumour is PSG and Arsenal are in for him. Based on the game and I'll admit, YouTube (hate using it to rate a player but he looks impressive in his 1v1 and even 1v2-or-3 situations), think he's the player we were probably looking for when we signed Lukaku. Lets face it, the way we play simply doesn't allow a striker to receive the ball played beyond the opposition defence or make runs across the box, we much prefer someone to hold the ball up and help us keep possession; Scamacca could do that very well for us but he has pace, athleticism and the odd skill in his locker too. He currently plays for Sassuolo so I doubt they'd be able to hold onto him and that'll keep the price decent.

*snip*

Scamacca is a solid and has slowly picked up more attention over the last 12-24 months in the senior setup. He was quite prolific from what I understand at a youth level and was even playing for the Italian U/17 side at like 15. He's been linked to a host of clubs over the years including Juventus (pre- Vlahovic), Inter Milan and to more recently the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal. He's quite good technically  and creatively with comparisons to a young Ibrahimovic in this area, while grown a lot more in the last few years with his hold up and back to goal play. Doesn't possess raw speed but still does the usual things you like a striker to do such as run the channels, drift wide to open play up, drop deep, etc. 

He's actually quite similar to what Giroud was at this peak with greater mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   

Nice. Will definitely fit in with our current strikers.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
7 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Kounde does nothing that Tomori and Guehi couldn't have done for us. Chalobah can do what Rice can do, these are not special elite players, they're not the next Tiago Silva or a Casemiro, they're average to good players; and it shows at international level because England look quite vulnerable in midfield far too often, and did tonight until Phillips replaced Rice,

Some fairly big statements there! 

Kounde has played almost every game for France in the last two years and faces competition such as Upamecano, Kimbembe, Konate, Pavard, Vahrane etc.  With respect to Tomori and Guehi, (Who are also good players that I would have liked to have kept) they have 1 or 2 caps for a very average England defence where their competition includes Maguire, John Stones etc and I actually thought Tomori was pretty shaky yesterday.  

I also thought that England were much worse after the subs - although this could have been as much about Mount going off as it was Declan Rice.

Declan Rice is just 23 years old and has captained a top half premier league club that have over-achieved for the past two seasons.   At the same age, Casemiro was on loan at Real Madrid’s B team,  and Thiago Silva was at Fluminese in Brazil, having not got his move to AC Milan until he was 24. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

If Bernado Silva is available then we should go all out for him. He will improve our build up play, that’s the area we should be looking at in terms of attackers. It’s not so much about just getting more goals in but also players that are good in the build up. That’s why I’m not so keen on players like Sterling, when I watch him at City he isn’t that good in the build up play. It’s KDB, Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan and Foden who really play some excellent stuff in the build up. Those are the only City attackers I would take. Sterling and Jesus are the ones that look to get on the end of things but when it comes to contributing build up play they are pretty average. If we keep throwing attackers that specialise in getting onto the end of things rather than attackers that contribute well to the build up play then we will keep having the same issues. We need players that can help us make the right decisions in the final third during our build up. That’s a bigger weakness than our finishing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, chelboy said:

If Bernado Silva is available then we should go all out for him. He will improve our build up play, that’s the area we should be looking at in terms of attackers. It’s not so much about just getting more goals in but also players that are good in the build up. That’s why I’m not so keen on players like Sterling, when I watch him at City he isn’t that good in the build up play. It’s KDB, Silva, Mahrez, Gundogan and Foden who really play some excellent stuff in the build up. Those are the only City attackers I would take. Sterling and Jesus are the ones that look to get on the end of things but when it comes to contributing build up play they are pretty average. If we keep throwing attackers that specialise in getting onto the end of things rather than attackers that contribute well to the build up play then we will keep having the same issues. We need players that can help us make the right decisions in the final third during our build up. That’s a bigger weakness than our finishing. 

If Bernado Silva leaves City, it won't be for us or any other Premiership side. Barcelona tried to sign him last summer. They want to sign him this summer. It's the only club outside of City that interests him. It's also the only club City might do a deal with (at the right price... around £80m) for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

Where are Barce and Real getting their money from, these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
23 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

And only a deeply condescending         would post something like that  in repsonce to banter on a flipping football forum.

 

And only a member with no respect for the rules of this "flipping football forum" would use that word towards another member.  Stop now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Where are Barce and Real getting their money from, these days?

Not sure how Barcelona are getting their money... they're in debt, having to sell their own TV rights - in advance - to third parties for less than they're worth because money today is better than money tomorrow at the moment, given the team rebuilding they need to do, and getting rid of those on big wages not currently contributing much in terms of game time.

Madrid, on the other hand, in spite of all the stories of huge debts, seem to be on firmer ground

https://www.goal.com/en-om/news/real-madrid-transfer-war-chest-champions-league-departures/blt6479c7900338b2be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now