Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   

Real has got Tchoameni and Camavinga. That’s like a cheat code for the next 5-10 years. And we haven’t strengthened in central midfield and had been overly dependant on the trio for a while now. Let’s hope we sign Rice at least our central mid needs a refresh or a reboot I would say. 

Ham   
32 minutes ago, JaneB said:

And only a member with no respect for the rules of this "flipping football forum" would use that word towards another member.  Stop now.

To be fair, the post he was responding to was completely unnecessary. 

JaneB   
14 minutes ago, Ham said:

To be fair, the post he was responding to was completely unnecessary. 

Whatever.  I haven't been on here much during the past week (real life got in the way) and I just picked up on the word.  Not that I have to justify myself.

I just want ALL the personal insults to stop.  

Ham   
4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Whatever.  I haven't been on here much during the past week (real life got in the way) and I just picked up on the word.  Not that I have to justify myself.

No problem.  Hope all is well. 

chelboy   
4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

If Bernado Silva leaves City, it won't be for us or any other Premiership side. Barcelona tried to sign him last summer. They want to sign him this summer. It's the only club outside of City that interests him. It's also the only club City might do a deal with (at the right price... around £80m) for him.

Aren’t Barca struggling financially? Christensen hasn’t even signed for them yet. I don’t see where they are going to get that kind of money to buy Silva. 

22 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Aren’t Barca struggling financially? Christensen hasn’t even signed for them yet. I don’t see where they are going to get that kind of money to buy Silva. 

As I pointed out a couple of hours ago, they're having to do some serious financial juggling, and it may not all work out.

One ace they held over everyone else bar Real Madrid, was their TV income, but they're selling 'futures' in that at a heavily discounted price for cash now, in the hope that any future TV income thresholds increase, so that losses are minimised in the long-term. When renewing contracts, they're offering players lower wages than the wages they're currently on (partially forced on them by the salary cap enforced by La Liga). They're also looking to shift high earners who haven't contributed much on the pitch recently. And yet in spite of this, as you rightly point out, they haven't been able to confirm the signing of, for example, Christensen.

New money coming in, other than the selling of TV rights, is the Spotify deal. Neither side have said how long the deal is for, nor how much, but some "industry insiders" have guessed around £270-£280m over 5 years... but who knows? It's a shirt and stadium sponsorship deal.

RDCW   
19 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Entertainment is a must in the game as a spectator or a fan,why would you watch otherwise?.

I agree that winning trophies is important,but without being entertained I'd rather do something else,even if it is Chelsea playing.

Sacrilege! I hear you scream😄

I'm with you on this. Professional football is pointless as a spectator sport if it does not reach for something beyond statistical victory.

RDCW   
6 hours ago, JaneB said:

I'm a big fan of you on here, but with respect we all have to justify ourselves. Ham makes a very good point that context has weight and Bob's diatribe was extremely provocative.

RDCW   
6 hours ago, JaneB said:

And by the way, I too hope all is well!