Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

ROTG   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

How confident are you that the same people who have spent £700m+ in the last 5 years, and leaving us with a squad that needs this much work,

The squad assemble last season was more than capable of achieving  +80 pts. 

Of the players who have gone, only Rudi was a key player. Therefore it’s tactical recruitment with a Top draw CB and a midfield maestro. Along with a couple of proven PL players happy to bench warn. 

There is no reason with tactical recruitment in the team achieving +80 pts. Anything less then it’s time to question the coach. 

21 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The squad assemble last season was more than capable of achieving  +80 pts. 

Of the players who have gone, only Rudi was a key player. Therefore it’s tactical recruitment with a Top draw CB and a midfield maestro. Along with a couple of proven PL players happy to bench warn. 

There is no reason with tactical recruitment in the team achieving +80 pts. Anything less then it’s time to question the coach. 

Not often you and I agree but I'm in complete agreement with all of this.

Personally I think Thiago Silva is more than capable of playing in a back 4, he spent the vast majority of this career doing it and has shown his age is not a problem, especially when we dominate possession 9 time spit of 10. A top quality center half, Kounde, to play alongside him and maybe one more to add depth and we will be fine.

The midfielder is the biggest problem, as I'm not sure who we can get. A switch to a back 4 would alleviate this somewhat as perhaps Mount could fill that role. I'd rather try a three man midfield with Mount than sign just about any realistic midfielder out there, then concentrate on getting rid of Lukaku and getting in a proper centre forward, which quite simply has to be Lautaro Martinez. I don't care if he has said he wants to stay at Inter, we could easily make that deal happen, especially if they want Lukaku and sign Dybala.

Add Dembele for free and I think we are more or less there. Enough to win the league? Probably not, look at what we are competing with but comfortably enough to be third and challenge in Europe and for the domestic cups, although listening to the fickleist of fickle football fans, Tottenham that is, who have once again crawled out from under their rock, they may well gazump not just us but City and Liverpool too to win the league.

Southampton away is a decent start for our new players first game. City away in the third is better than facing them later when they're fully up to speed.

VA96   
24 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Southampton away is a decent start for our new players first game. City away in the third is better than facing them later when they're fully up to speed.

Fixtures released on Thursday? Has someone mucked up fake fixtures due to the sheer boredom of international break?

4 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Fixtures released on Thursday? Has someone mucked up fake fixtures due to the sheer boredom of international break?

The Sun has leaked them.

chara   
1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

The Sun has leaked them.

"Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying"

xhuga2   

CHELSEA STATE OF AFFAIRS

LOW CHANCE OF A MOVE ANYWHERE

Ben Chilwell

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Christian Pulisic

Hakim Ziyech

Jorginho (vice-captain)

Kai Havertz

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Malang Sarr

Marcus Bettinelli

Mason Mount

Mateo Kovačić

N'Golo Kanté

Reece James

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Thiago Silva

Timo Werner

Trevoh Chalobah

Édouard Mendy

LEFT CHELSEA

Andreas Christensen ✔

Antonio Rüdiger ✔

Charly Musonda Jr. ✔

Danny Drinkwater ✔

George McEachran ✔

Jake Clarke-Salter ✔

Karlo Ziger ✔

Saúl ✔

Thierno Ballo ✔

MAY LEAVE CHELSEA

César Azpilicueta (captain)

Juan Familia-Castillo

Kenedy

Marcos Alonso

Romelu Lukaku

Ross Barkley

MAY GO ON LOAN

Baba Rahman

Bryan Fiabema

Dujon Sterling

Harvey Vale

Henry Lawrence

Ian Maatsen

James Cumming

Kenedy

Levi Colwill

Lewis Hall

Mason Burstow

Matthew Miazga

Michy Batshuayi

Nathan Baxter

Sami Tlemcani

Tiemoue Bakayoko

Tino Anjorin

Xavier Simons

MAY RETURN TO THE FIRST TEAM

Armando Broja

Billy Gilmour

Conor Gallagher

Emerson Palmieri

Ethan Ampadu

xhuga2   
LIKELY SIGNINGS
Gabriel Slonina (To Be Loaned)
Jules Kounde (First Team)
Ousmane Dembele (First Team)

UNLIKELY SIGNINGS BUT POSSIBLE (AS OF TODAY)
Gabriel Jesus
Josko Gvardiol
Kalidou Koulibaly
Marc Cucurella
Milan Skriniar
Raheem Sterling

VERY UNLIKELY SIGNINGS (AS OF TODAY)
Alessandro Bastoni
Christopher Nkunku
Declan Rice
Ibrahim Sangaré
João Félix
Jude Bellingham
Lautaro Martínez
Matthijs de Ligt
Pau Torres
Paul Pogba
Presnel Kimpembe
Robert Lewandowski
Joshua Kimmich

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN AT CHELSEA
Joshua Kimmich (RB & DM) - In case Reece James or Kante get injured.
Josko Gvardiol (LCB) - Replacement for Rudiger
Marc Cucurella (LB) - Replacement for Alonso
Jules Kounde (CB) - Replacement for Azpilicueta
Ethan Ampadu (CB) - Replacement for Malang Sarr
Conor Gallagher (CM) - Replacement for Saul
Robert Lewandowski (ST) - Temporal replacement for Lukaku.* 
Armando Broja (ST) - Replacement for Lukaku*
Gabriel Jesus (ST) - Replacement for Lukaku*
Ousmane Dembele (RW) - Replacement for Ross Barkley.

Honestly, 200 million buys only three or four players this summer so we need to bring academy boys into the first team. I hope the money we will spend on Slonina (GK) isn't a part of it. Our defence needs the most strengthening. We really ****ed up royally with Rudiger's contract. I hope we can squeeze Barcelona for 40m for Alonso and Azpi otherwise, I honestly don't mind losing them on a free next year. ****, I would be happy even if we get Dembele for free and Kimmich, Gvardiol, Cucurella and Kounde for 200m. I will be happy with academy players plugging the remaining gaps. That is if 200m is all we got to spend. 

On the Asterix, I am not suggesting three signings to replace Lukaku. **** it, if Broke-ass Barca can afford Lewandowski, we might as well try for him. Lewandowski is the dream for me. Can do a Giroud for us and win us another champions league. 

Given the choice between Sterling and Jesus, I would choose Jesus. I am not Lukaku Iscariot. Gabriel Jesus offers more than goals. He also provides a decent amount of assists. Sterling reminds me of Pulisic. He misses the biggest chances when it matters most. He has a good goal-scoring record because he is greedy and Man City create so many chances. He runs like a headless chicken at times and runs directly into players sometimes. I speculated Pep would get rid of him before the beginning of the 2021/22 season so I am shocked he is still a Man City player.  So Jesus for me. 

In the case Jesus or Lewandowski do not come, I would give Broja a chance. What the **** do we have to lose? We won the champions league with Werner as our striker. 

Edited by xhuga2
Boldening headers.

Ham   
29 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

CHELSEA STATE OF AFFAIRS

LOW CHANCE OF A MOVE ANYWHERE

Ben Chilwell

Callum Hudson-Odoi

Christian Pulisic

Hakim Ziyech

Jorginho (vice-captain)

Kai Havertz

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Malang Sarr

Marcus Bettinelli

Mason Mount

Mateo Kovačić

N'Golo Kanté

Reece James

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Thiago Silva

Timo Werner

Trevoh Chalobah

Édouard Mendy

LEFT CHELSEA

Andreas Christensen ✔

Antonio Rüdiger ✔

Charly Musonda Jr. ✔

Danny Drinkwater ✔

George McEachran ✔

Jake Clarke-Salter ✔

Karlo Ziger ✔

Saúl ✔

Thierno Ballo ✔

MAY LEAVE CHELSEA

César Azpilicueta (captain)

Juan Familia-Castillo

Kenedy

Marcos Alonso

Romelu Lukaku

Ross Barkley

MAY GO ON LOAN

Baba Rahman

Bryan Fiabema

Dujon Sterling

Harvey Vale

Henry Lawrence

Ian Maatsen

James Cumming

Kenedy

Levi Colwill

Lewis Hall

Mason Burstow

Matthew Miazga

Michy Batshuayi

Nathan Baxter

Sami Tlemcani

Tiemoue Bakayoko

Tino Anjorin

Xavier Simons

MAY RETURN TO THE FIRST TEAM

Armando Broja

Billy Gilmour

Conor Gallagher

Emerson Palmieri

Ethan Ampadu

8 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:
LIKELY SIGNINGS
Gabriel Slonina (To Be Loaned)
Jules Kounde (First Team)
Ousmane Dembele (First Team)

UNLIKELY SIGNINGS BUT POSSIBLE (AS OF TODAY)
Gabriel Jesus
Josko Gvardiol
Kalidou Koulibaly
Marc Cucurella
Milan Skriniar
Raheem Sterling

VERY UNLIKELY SIGNINGS (AS OF TODAY)
Alessandro Bastoni
Christopher Nkunku
Declan Rice
Ibrahim Sangaré
João Félix
Jude Bellingham
Lautaro Martínez
Matthijs de Ligt
Pau Torres
Paul Pogba
Presnel Kimpembe
Robert Lewandowski
Joshua Kimmich

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN AT CHELSEA
Joshua Kimmich (RB & DM) - In case Reece James or Kante get injured.
Josko Gvardiol (LCB) - Replacement for Rudiger
Marc Cucurella (LB) - Replacement for Alonso
Jules Kounde (CB) - Replacement for Azpilicueta
Ethan Ampadu (CB) - Replacement for Malang Sarr
Conor Gallagher (CM) - Replacement for Saul
Armando Broja (ST) - Replacement for Lukaku*
Gabriel Jesus (ST) - Replacement for Lukaku*
Ousmane Dembele (RW) - Replacement for Ross Barkley.

Honestly, 200 million buys only three or four players this summer so we need to bring academy boys into the first team. I hope the money we will spend on Slonina (GK) isn't a part of it. Our defence needs the most strengthening. We really ****ed up royally with Rudiger's contract. I hope we can squeeze Barcelona for 40m for Alonso and Azpi otherwise, I honestly don't mind losing them on a free next year. ****, I would be happy even if we get Dembele for free and Kimmich, Gvardiol, Cucurella and Kounde for 200m. I will be happy with academy players plugging the remaining gaps. That is if 200m is all we got to spend. 

On the Asterix, I am not suggesting three signings to replace Lukaku. **** it, if Broke-ass Barca can afford Lewandowski, we might as well try for him. Lewandowski is the dream for me. Can do a Giroud for us and win us another champions league. 

Given the choice between Sterling and Jesus, I would choose Jesus. I am not Lukaku Iscariot. Gabriel Jesus offers more than goals. He also provides a decent amount of assists. Sterling reminds me of Pulisic. He misses the biggest chances when it matters most. He has a good goal-scoring record because he is greedy and Man City create so many chances. He runs like a headless chicken at times and runs directly into players sometimes. I speculated Pep would get rid of him before the beginning of the 2021/22 season so I am shocked he is still a Man City player.  So Jesus for me. 

In the case Jesus or Lewandowski do not come, I would give Broja a chance. What the **** do we have to lose? We won the champions league with Werner as our striker. 

Excellent work 👍

42 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

[SNIP]

Interesting!  

I suppose it could be argued that Lukaku has always been somewhere else in his heart even from the first day he returned to Cobham, so more than likely his presence here was merely 'spiritual'

😉