Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rob B   
9 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I can see two central defenders and a couple of attacking players (2 wingers or a winger and a CF) as a minimum plus the possible integration of players previously out on loan; some - such as Gallagher,  Sterling and Colwill - with an eye to the future, others - such as Emerson and Ampadu  - out of expediency.

I can also see a lot of players going out. I'm not sure the new owners will want to continue having a large number of mid 20s to early 30s players out on loan (not that the new loan rules will allow us to, anyway). No more contract extensions followed by a loan for the likes of Batshuayi, Baba Rahman etc. I think they'll be sold for whatever we can get... maybe even released on a free.

This. I’ve just made a similar (albeit not as succinct!) point in the Todd Boehly thread.

7 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

then concentrate on getting rid of Lukaku and getting in a proper centre forward, which quite simply has to be Lautaro Martinez. I don't care if he has said he wants to stay at Inter, we could easily make that deal happen, especially if they want Lukaku and sign Dybala.

It would be odd if Inter were to sell/swap Martinez in order to bring back Lukaku though. I think that’s just wishful thinking on our part. More likely they want to go with a line up that includes Dybala, Martinez and Lukaku. I agree that if Lukaku is gone we’re going to need an out and out striker. I think Dembele and Jesus are intended as upgrades to Werner and Ziyech so that still leaves room for a no. 9. I’d be really interested to know who we’re looking at as I think it’s crucial we find someone who can finish. It’ll raise us to the next level. Or at least keep us hanging on to the coat tails of City and Liverpool who’ve managed to sign two of the best strikers on the market. 

15 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

It would be odd if Inter were to sell/swap Martinez in order to bring back Lukaku though. I think that’s just wishful thinking on our part. More likely they want to go with a line up that includes Dybala, Martinez and Lukaku. I agree that if Lukaku is gone we’re going to need an out and out striker. I think Dembele and Jesus are intended as upgrades to Werner and Ziyech so that still leaves room for a no. 9. I’d be really interested to know who we’re looking at as I think it’s crucial we find someone who can finish. It’ll raise us to the next level. Or at least keep us hanging on to the coat tails of City and Liverpool who’ve managed to sign two of the best strikers on the market. 

Doesn't matter if they want to sell him. We make him and  them the right offer and he will come. No one is turning us down to stay in Italy. Those days are long gone. 

Diddymen   

I wonder if any new signings will be in place when the players get back from their hols for the beginning of July?

30 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

None of the 3 players you want would come here to warm the bench, so where would that leave Havertz?

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

None of the 3 players you want would come here to warm the bench, so where would that leave Havertz?

I think with five subs allowed next season we’re going to see a lot of rotation. It’s going to be more of a squad game. It could even be that we play Havertz as a nine and upgrade to Jesus and Dembele at the expense of Ziyech and Werner. But I think if the opportunity came to bring in Lewandowski, Martinez or Nkunku I reckon we might consider it. 

Edited by Original 21

xhuga2   
3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

So Kounde has injured his hamstring and is undergoing surgery tomorrow…

What?!

4 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

What?!

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Touche-aux-ischios-face-a-la-croatie-jules-kounde-va-etre-opere/1338518

Google translate:

Replaced at half-time by Benjamin Pavard, Jules Koundé played injured in the hamstrings on Monday against Croatia and will be operated on Tuesday.

Should we fear a long period of absence for Jules Koundé? Released at half-time and replaced by Benjamin Pavard, the Sevilla defender, positioned on the right side on Monday, played injured in the hamstrings during the defeat against Croatia (1-0) . The former Bordelais should have surgery on Tuesday, announced the coach of the Blues Didier Deschamps at the microphone of the L'Equipe channel.

Edited by Original 21

xhuga2   
48 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Touche-aux-ischios-face-a-la-croatie-jules-kounde-va-etre-opere/1338518

Google translate:

Replaced at half-time by Benjamin Pavard, Jules Koundé played injured in the hamstrings on Monday against Croatia and will be operated on Tuesday.

Should we fear a long period of absence for Jules Koundé? Released at half-time and replaced by Benjamin Pavard, the Sevilla defender, positioned on the right side on Monday, played injured in the hamstrings during the defeat against Croatia (1-0) . The former Bordelais should have surgery on Tuesday, announced the coach of the Blues Didier Deschamps at the microphone of the L'Equipe channel.

**** it! Let's see how long he will be out.