Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

tbf they did all go out on loan..

Yes, but so have Colwill and Ampadu, so I'm not quite sure about the point you're making there.

I'm a believer in a player being old enough if they're good enough. I just don't think Colwill, or Broga for that matter, are ready for our first time next season. However, if Ampadu is not ready by now then he never will be 

18 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Yes, but so have Colwill and Ampadu, so I'm not quite sure about the point you're making there.

I'm a believer in a player being old enough if they're good enough. I just don't think Colwill, or Broga for that matter, are ready for our first time next season. However, if Ampadu is not ready by now then he never will be 

Unfortunately I fear the answer is Ampadu never will be after looking so promising early on.

25 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Tomori had 2.5 seasons on loan, Mount had 2, James had 1. If they're good enough, they've already spent enough time out on loan.

Yep.  I thought the point was that loans were not really required to which I disagree.  Do agree that 1-2 years should only be required for them to gain experience and for us to make a better-informed judgment.

2 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Unfortunately I fear the answer is Ampadu never will be after looking so promising early on.

I understand the supporters of Venice rate him very highly

1 minute ago, Erland Johnson said:

Yep.  I thought the point was that loans were not really required to which I disagree.  Do agree that 1-2 years should only be required for them to gain experience and for us to make a better-informed judgment.

Yeah this was my point. Colwill has about as much experience as Tomori and James had when Frank gave him a go. 

GURJ SS   

There's a reason why teams are making early signings this year, it's because a pre-season is going to be more important than it has ever been. If a player comes in towards the end of pre-season and they struggle to settle, they'll be then off to the World Cup mid-settling in; and will only have to come back and go through their tactical/life changes all over again, and that's a season wasted.

GURJ SS   
39 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Sometimes when a player looks as promising as Ampadu did in our first team, you've just got to throw them in and keep supporting them. They don't need a huge amount of games, they just simply don't need their progress disrupted. Loans can be just as damaging as they can be progressive if the club's structure, tactics or management isn't correct; and let's face it, if you're a manager and you've got an on-loan player at your club, you're only going to give them minutes if they're actually better than the permanent player they're replacing to the point where you don't mind upsetting anyone. To use numbers: If you've got a 65/100 18 year old player who has the potential to be a 85/100 player after a year of playing, you won't drop your own club player who with their experience is a 75/100 player already. Gilmour experienced it, he'd have broke into the Rangers team and left Scotland at the age of 21 as a top level player if we hadn't come along, we disrupted him by buying him, playing and training him with top players, only to dump him on loan even though he had done perfectly well for us; and the club we chose for him is why I said we dumped him.

Edited by GURJ SS

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I understand the supporters of Venice rate him very highly

In all fairness they were relegated and the standard of the bottom few teams in Serie A is horrendous so he should stand out in that team.

25 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Sometimes when a player looks as promising as Ampadu did in our first team, you've just got to throw them in and keep supporting them. They don't need a huge amount of games, they just simply don't need their progress disrupted. Loans can be just as damaging as they can be progressive if the club's structure, tactics or management isn't correct; and let's face it, if you're a manager and you've got an on-loan player at your club, you're only going to give them minutes if they're actually better than the permanent player they're replacing to the point where you don't mind upsetting anyone. To use numbers: If you've got a 65/100 18 year old player who has the potential to be a 85/100 player after a year of playing, you won't drop your own club player who with their experience is a 75/100 player already. Gilmour experienced it, he'd have broke into the Rangers team and left Scotland at the age of 21 as a top level player if we hadn't come along, we disrupted him by buying him, playing and training him with top players, only to dump him on loan even though he had done perfectly well for us; and the club we chose for him is why I said we dumped him.

Couldn't agree more.

ROTG   
2 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

You oculd have said the same of James, Mount, Tomori etc.

Difference circumstances. Sarri walked, Frank came in with a free pass because of the transfer ban.