Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ruudboy   
37 minutes ago, Sciatika said:
On Twitter this morning:

Done deal
Here we go... Stamford and Bridget have extended their contracts as Chelsea mascots until 2030.

At this rate, they might end up in defence ...

Edited by Ruudboy

8 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He was still solid to be fair, minus his tendency to get bookings.

Even if the team you're in isn't great a good player should still showcases their quality to some degree, we saw this with Gallagher at WBA for example. They weren't a great team but he was always one of their better players, he's then taken that to Palace and built on it further.

Ampadu would be a solid squad option and someone that can provide us with some DM cover in midfield and at CB. Much better option than someone like Gilmour or a Broja imo.

I would bring Colwill, Ampadu and Gallagher into the squad because we have vacancies in their positions and it doesn't make sense to go out and spend more money when we can use them. By similar logic, Sterling and Baxter would be useful squad players if Azpi and/or Kepa leave.

If Broja, Maatsen and Gilmour were in the squad they wouldn't see much action as there are plenty of players ahead of them. So another loan would be better. 

I'd like to see us only spend money on players that improve the first XI.

I know there will be some on here who will say The transfer window has just opened Don't panic

but Chelsea were confident (if it's to be believed) of getting Dembele over the line, but now we see Zidane wants the PSG job on two conditions, one of which is that they sign Dembele, shouldn't we get on with it, TT must have known who needs to be replaced, we need new recruits before we go on pre season tour not at the last minute, unless we want to end up with another load of players who are not any better then what we have now

xhuga2   
2 hours ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I don't think that's an argument in Ampadu's favour though because Sarr isn't really good enough for Chelsea - all he brings is a body, a left foot and a willingness to be a bit part player. If he hadn't filled in at leftback for a while during winter I'm not sure he'd have many minutes at all.

Similarly, Victor Moses had one great season at Chelsea and as soon as Conte left he disappeared off the face of the earth. WHat a season it was but let's be honest the genius of Conte and that system made that team greater than the sum of it's parts. The league is so much stronger than it was then and we can't realistically compete with a player like that playing reguarly IMO.

I know but we need a solution given our transfer budget limitations for this season. I am fine if Ampadu works for this season. We may get a big fee for him afterwards because he plays in the Chelsea FC first team. He may not play in our game against Man City or Liverpool but I am sure he can be rotated to play some early league and fa cup games and a useless champions league group game. He can also do a job against teams like Wolves, Bournemouth, Fulham. Every team needs some rotational players. I definitely believe he is an improvement on Sarr and he is home grown. 

Ampadu. I'm a bit confused about him. I really thought he would make it here. He had a lot of confidence at a very young age and looked right at home in his appearances for us, much like Ake did. That loan at Leipzig was pretty disastrous and he has been playing in struggling sides since.

Has now played over 100 games of senior football. Personally, I would like to see him in the squad next season, to see if playing with better players will raise his game to the level he seems capable of.

xhuga2   
2 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

I know there will be some on here who will say The transfer window has just opened Don't panic

but Chelsea were confident (if it's to be believed) of getting Dembele over the line, but now we see Zidane wants the PSG job on two conditions, one of which is that they sign Dembele, shouldn't we get on with it, TT must have known who needs to be replaced, we need new recruits before we go on pre season tour not at the last minute, unless we want to end up with another load of players who are not any better then what we have now

We are probably haggling over the signing-on bonus. Dembele run down his Barca contract because he and his agent did not want to leave money on the table. PSG, Man United, Man City and Real Madrid haven't really shown strong interest in him. He would probably stay at Barcelona if they came up with a better offer. We are probably chasing him because of the Tuchel connection. This is really a marriage of convenience. If a champions league club offered him more cash, it would be Bye, Felicia! Maybe that's what will happen if Zidane goes to PSG. 

6 minutes ago, xhuga2 said:

We are probably haggling over the signing-on bonus. Dembele run down his Barca contract because he and his agent did not want to leave money on the table. PSG, Man United, Man City and Real Madrid haven't really shown strong interest in him. He would probably stay at Barcelona if they came up with a better offer. We are probably chasing him because of the Tuchel connection. This is really a marriage of convenience. If a champions league club offered him more cash, it would be Bye, Felicia! Maybe that's what will happen if Zidane goes to PSG. 

The only thing I would say, is Dembele probably has a better chance of getting in our team. I doubt PSG will get any offers that are good enough to sell Neymar, Mbappe plays every game now he basically owns the club and assuming Messi stays then obviously he will play most games. I believe they have lost Di Maria (?) but he is a grafter as far as forwards go. They already have blaance issues because they don't work hard enough without playing one of them as a 10 and adding Dembele to the mix. Meanwhile our attackers haven't exactly been lighting it up.

xhuga2   
11 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Personally, I would like to see him in the squad next season, to see if playing with better players will raise his game to the level he seems capable of.

This will likely happen. See Trevoh Chalobah, Billy Gilmour. They shine because of the quality of players we have. For example, Phil Foden would be **** at Leceister. He shines because he understands his role in Pep's system. Without Pep's system, he is nothing. Same with John Stones and Nathan Ake. Who was Rudiger before Tuchel made him a left centre back in a back 3? Same story with Victor Moses. 

xhuga2   
3 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

The only thing I would say, is Dembele probably has a better chance of getting in our team. I doubt PSG will get any offers that are good enough to sell Neymar, Mbappe plays every game now he basically owns the club and assuming Messi stays then obviously he will play most games. I believe they have lost Di Maria (?) but he is a grafter as far as forwards go. They already have blaance issues because they don't work hard enough without playing one of them as a 10 and adding Dembele to the mix. Meanwhile our attackers haven't exactly been lighting it up.

I don't think they are keen to sell Neymar. They want to be Real Madrid so bad. They want a Galacticos team sheet even if those players deliver jack ****. 

paulw66   
35 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Ampadu. I'm a bit confused about him. I really thought he would make it here. He had a lot of confidence at a very young age and looked right at home in his appearances for us, much like Ake did. That loan at Leipzig was pretty disastrous and he has been playing in struggling sides since.

Has now played over 100 games of senior football. Personally, I would like to see him in the squad next season, to see if playing with better players will raise his game to the level he seems capable of.

I bet this time last year, nobody put their hand up and thought Chalobah would be part of the squad, and moreover play over 20 games.

Tuchel has shown he will take a look at these players, and if required, and good enough, they'll have a shot.

Big pre season for Ampadu and Colwill as we are short in defence and the opportunity may well be there for one or both of them 

• Like 1