Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Still felt like we’re being fleeced in the Lukaku deal. Both by Inter and Lukaku himself. Most embarrassing transfer-360-turn-around ever I believe. I don’t think we’ve seen a player turn around on his transfer to a new club as quickly as Lukaku has and it’s embarrassing business for the club. It feels like a grand plot by Inter and Lukaku to get Chelsea to fund his playing and stay at Inter because Inter can’t afford it.

Inter to Lukaku in 2021 summer : “Go to Chelsea for a year and then we’ll see each other again in a year and you continue to earn big bucks while we keep within our monetary limits to hire you.”

Fleeced. 

Such behaviour should be a breach of contract and result in an obligatory punitive docking of salary. That should teach that burger muncher a lesson for being a weak and fickle being. 

Add into that his warning to Lautaro Martinez not to go to Chelsea as I'll be back soon and the Thot plickens .

ROTG   

Great stuff from Bob. 

However he missed the common denominator with winning the PL at Chelsea under RA  

the clubs PL success came from hiring a coaches who was a serial title winners in their own league. 

it a funny old game. 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Still felt like we’re being fleeced in the Lukaku deal. Both by Inter and Lukaku himself. Most embarrassing transfer-360-turn-around ever I believe. I don’t think we’ve seen a player turn around on his transfer to a new club as quickly as Lukaku has and it’s embarrassing business for the club. It feels like a grand plot by Inter and Lukaku to get Chelsea to fund his playing and stay at Inter because Inter can’t afford it.

Inter to Lukaku in 2021 summer : “Go to Chelsea for a year and then we’ll see each other again in a year and you continue to earn big bucks while we keep within our monetary limits to hire you.”

Fleeced. 

Such behaviour should be a breach of contract and result in an obligatory punitive docking of salary. That should teach that burger muncher a lesson for being a weak and fickle being. 

We don't know what the deal is yet, so let's wait and see how things pan out.

However, if the deal is still having to pay off the rest of the transfer fee and pay Lukaku money for not even  playing us, then Boehly and the club will look like a right bunch of mugs. Thing is, people don't become billionaires by being a mug, so I have faith that Boehly will cut a decent deal and get this turkey off the payroll and away out of our sight.

If Boehly fails to get a decent deal them I'd like us to call Lukaku's bluff by telling him he has no future at the club and put him up for sale for £40m.  He either takes a move on whatever wages he can get or rots in the reserves for three years.

• Like 1

ROTG   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Fleeced

Not at all. 

Sales of academy players paid for him. Also the slate is clean after the sale of the club. 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Still felt like we’re being fleeced in the Lukaku deal. Both by Inter and Lukaku himself. 

It does feel like we're being taken for mugs, but I hope we realise we have the power to force Inter into a corner.

No loan deal, just tell them if they want him, they have to give us a player in return (If not Lautaro Martinez then Bastoni or Skriniar (plus Gosens?)

As for Fatty Bum Bum, he just has to accept whatever wage Inter can afford - no handouts from us. 

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Most embarrassing transfer-360-turn-around ever I believe. 

It was embarrassing that we were even interested in the first place. He may score goals, but he's a dreadful, dreadful footballer.

Should have been a firm, hard 'no' the moment his name was mentioned.

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not at all. 

Sales of academy players paid for him. 

And with that money we could have bought a good football player.

49 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not at all. 

Sales of academy players paid for him. Also the slate is clean after the sale of the club. 

That sounds like a gamblers point of view. The sale of our assets gained revenue, that was money in the bank. It doesn't mean Lukaku didn't cost anything. I think the majority of us knew he wasn't the right fit. I think the media knew too but, they hate Chelsea and sold the missing piece of the jigsaw theory. At a time when we had just clicked, in came Lukaku and his attitude to ruin what we already had!

Chrisb   

My fear with Lukaku is when (if) he is finally shown the exit door he’ll point to it and then miss it altogether.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

If Boehly fails to get a decent deal them I'd like us to call Lukaku's bluff by telling him he has no future at the club and put him up for sale for £40m.  He either takes a move on whatever wages he can get or rots in the reserves for three years.

That's the stance one would like the club to take in regards to the man who "bleeds blue and supported us since he was a teenager". 

In reality, the club cannot afford to spunk 97,5m down the drain and a further 72,8m in wages over the next four seasons on a man who will only point to the closest burger joint. 

24 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

My fear with Lukaku is when (if) he is finally shown the exit door he’ll point to it and then miss it altogether.

With that, I suppose there's not much left to be said.