Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   

Fabregas has left Monaco, might need to bring the old dog back for one last run at this rate.

Kezza   

What does everyone feel about Lewandowski. He’s world class in his days but I don’t know why we always look for such established stars at the wrong side of their career. Especially with strikers whom we’ve not had good success with. He’s also going to only be a short term solution. More scouting please guys!

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

What does everyone feel about Lewandowski. He’s world class in his days but I don’t know why we always look for such established stars at the wrong side of their career. Especially with strikers whom we’ve not had good success with. He’s also going to only be a short term solution. More scouting please guys!

I'd rather go for someone younger, hungrier, with something to prove rather than (according to some sources) someone concerned with their 'legacy' and reputation. If they could fit in to whatever style of play Tuchel wants us to adopt (and be on the same wavelength as his team-mates)... well, that would help, too.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Like him and as with Silva he exudes class but are we really about building with such old players.

Kezza   

And especially I’ve not seen any striker we signed lived up to their latest seasons scoring hype

I know this may sound daft but I don't believe I've ever seen a performance that really impressed me from Lewandowski , I'm sure he's a tidy striker but he just never gives me the impression that he's as good as everyone else seems to think he is . I'm sure it's me.

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Have we learned nothing?  Another disaster waiting to happen.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Fabregas has left Monaco, might need to bring the old dog back for one last run at this rate.

Be still my beating heart.

No, one of my favourite Chelsea players ever but his time has passed (although I'd love to be proved wrong).

Bison   
3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Ha, why not? He's no slower than Jorginho and is (by a ridiculously wide margin) the better passer. We could do worse. 

Ruudboy   
5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

“Fabregas is magic, he wore a magic hat

He spent a while in Monaco and then said “no, f*** that”.

He might go off to Newcastle or somewhere else as s****?

But if he comes back to the Bridge we’ll sing his song all night”.

Well, someone had to say it….

• Like 2
  • Haha 3