Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

RDCW   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Mental isn't it? I'm not a big fan of his but there is absolutely no doubt he will score more goals than any of our current wide players, probably more than all of them put together.

It's fairly obvious what the manager wants when the two players we look most likely to sign are Sterling and Dembele, both completely different to what we already have.

I think Havertz will start as first choice up front with Werner as back up as I can't see us bringing in a whole new front three in one summer, especially when we have so much to do on the defensive side, and I'd be more than happy with that. There are very few strikers out there that I would even consider and Havertz has shown enough that he's potentially better, by far, than anyone we could realistically get.

I saw something earlier that he was the 4th, I think, highest scorer in the last 5 years if you don't include penalties. He's a goal every 190 minutes and a goal or assist every 110 minutes for City. That's in 339 games so not just a one off.

All were gonna get now though is that it's because he plays for City and Werner or Pulisic or Ziyech would produce those sort of numbers if they played for them.

Yes. I'd be quite happy with the addition of Sterling and Dembele.

Chrisb   

If we’re buying a Sterling, I would take Sir David Stirling, the founder of the SAS. Imagine him in our for forward line…he would appear from nowhere, bang it the back of the net and then disappear, only to reappear two minutes later to make a great block in our penalty area. Shame he’s no longer with us. Anyway, not sure who we’re going to buy, it’s all a little bit confusing at the minute.

To be fair I’m not that bothered, I’m just glad we’re still alive and kicking as a club. 

Edited by Chrisb

xhuga2   

Raheem Sterling, Chelsea's top target as reported last Tuesday. Man City want around €55/60m - approach for €25m & add-ons turned down. #CFC Chelsea will be back with a new bid soon - as Man City are open to letting him go. Man City want €100/110m from Gabriel Jesus & Sterling.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1538595155980304387

Kezza   

City do know how to negotiate for their unwanted players. Hope we know to do the same for lakaku

xhuga2   
Just now, xhuga2 said:

Raheem Sterling, Chelsea's top target as reported last Tuesday. Man City want around €55/60m - approach for €25m & add-ons turned down. #CFC Chelsea will be back with a new bid soon - as Man City are open to letting him go. Man City want €100/110m from Gabriel Jesus & Sterling.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1538595155980304387

It would be absolutely criminal if we paid £47million to £51.5million for Raheem Sterling. Pep is willing to get rid of this guy because he is wasteful and spoils many chances especially when it matters most.  People look at his goal-scoring record but he has that record because of the quality of chances created for him by Man City. Our shooting accuracy (36%) is the same as Man City yet they have 20 more goals than us. The problem was not our attacker's accuracy but the quality of chances. In fact, some of our attacks outperformed their XG. Lukaku, Mount, and Ziyech outperformed their XG. Havertz was one goal off his XG. Only Werner was poor. If our problem is the quality of chances created, Gabriel Jesus provided more assists (11) than Sterling (8). Jesus has the better shooting accuracy (62%) than Sterling (53%). Sterling is 27. No resale value. Gabriel Jesus is 25. He offers better value. You can't win the champions league without a Brazilian and I don't know how long our current one will last. 

To think Sterling, a selfish player who would rather dribble like a headless chicken than make a pass is being considered our marquee signing is very depressing. 

We are basically going to give Man City the money to sign Cucurella. Embarrassing. 

xhuga2   
7 minutes ago, Kezza said:

City do know how to negotiate for their unwanted players. Hope we know to do the same for lakaku

We are taking an £8m loan fee with addons of £2m. It doesn't sound like we are getting any player in exchange. Lukaku shafted us with an iron rod. Bastard. 

6 hours ago, Kezza said:

It's because they are only paying lip service to FFP they don't really care whether they keep the players they no longer need on the books or not in reality , it makes no difference to them.

6 hours ago, xhuga2 said:

We are taking an £8m loan fee with addons of £2m. It doesn't sound like we are getting any player in exchange. Lukaku shafted us with an iron rod. Bastard. 

Straight out of the Pobga /Raiola playbook , sign on and immediately start agitating for a better contract / move . I think the purchase of Lukaku may well end up costing Marina her job. 

Bison   
6 hours ago, xhuga2 said:

Chelsea will also be contributing towards Lukaku's salary. This surely ranks high as one of the worst transfers in history. I didn't think Kepa could be beaten but we've done it again.

ROTG   
10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Costing Marina her job

I think you will find she has already made it known to the new owners she will not be staying around. Her loyalty lies elsewhere.

Edited by ROTG