Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

41 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Broja is 20 with 4 years left on his contract, surely we can get more than 30m for him? West Ham have been desperate for a striker, Chris Wood was £25m in January ffs 

It's only 4m less than what we got forTammy, so did we under value him as well?

34 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Broja is 20 with 4 years left on his contract, surely we can get more than 30m for him? West Ham have been desperate for a striker, Chris Wood was £25m in January ffs 

If we do give them Broja (which I don't think we should, we should give him a shot as a backup striker) then could we use him towards getting Rice for a decent price?

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think Broja will go to West Ham, I think the club are using it as part of building up a positive relationship with them for when we go in for Rice.

Great minds think alike!

13 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Not sure what to make of this. I've never thought of Richarlison being in that top tier CL player bracket. But he has a hell of a return of goals and assists considering the club he has been that. 

11 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

We can't make the same mistake we made with CHO - if we can get them up to around £40m we should snap their hand off. Everyone seems really keen on Broja but the guy scored 6 league goals if I remember correctly.

I don't like the way we're starting to sell young talent before they've been given a chance to make it here.

xCELERYx   
1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

I don't like the way we're starting to sell young talent before they've been given a chance to make it here.

There's nothing about Broja that suggests he's good enough for us to be quite frank. His game is littered with shortcomings that are worse than those here that many already complain about. Even looking at his general style of play, it's an awkward fit. If the goal is to just have another mobile striker that's a willing presser, then I suppose Broja ticks that box. Otherwise he can't pass, is a creative blackhole, has serious tunnel vision near goal, lacks good decision making skills, not particularly strong with his back towards goal, is serviceable in the air at best, and is often anonymous within general play. 

If we're able to use Broja as a bargaining chip to either help facilitate a Rice transfer, or in a separate deal to give us even more leverage, then we'd be doing ourselves a disservice in ignoring that. Especially if we're copping £30m or so in return for someone who is essentially a younger and taller Teemu Pukki. 

VA96   
28 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

It's only 4m less than what we got forTammy, so did we under value him as well?

I think if Tammy went to a PL club we would have got more for him. West Ham have not been willing to budge on Rice for a couple of years now so I think we should be the same with them - agree with the bargaining chip strategy

I think Broja needs another PL loan to develop but that's where we've lost the likes of Guehi/Livramento/Lamptey so I guess it depends on him.

37 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

There's nothing about Broja that suggests he's good enough for us to be quite frank. His game is littered with shortcomings that are worse than those here that many already complain about. Even looking at his general style of play, it's an awkward fit. If the goal is to just have another mobile striker that's a willing presser, then I suppose Broja ticks that box. Otherwise he can't pass, is a creative blackhole, has serious tunnel vision near goal, lacks good decision making skills, not particularly strong with his back towards goal, is serviceable in the air at best, and is often anonymous within general play. 

I'd bet a 20 year old Drogba's game was full of flaws too, but look at the player he became. Most of Broja's flaws you mentioned can be improved with more playing time and work on the training pitch. I'd like to see him be loaned out to a different club than trying to learn his trade in such a wildly erratic team like this Southampton one.

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I'd bet a 20 year old Drogba's game was full of flaws too, but look at the player he became. Most of Broja's flaws you mentioned can be improved with more playing time and work on the training pitch. I'd like to see him be loaned out to a different club than trying to learn his trade in such a wildly erratic team like this Southampton one.

Drogba is the exception and not the norm. Either way, I'm not suggesting Broja can't develop but he genuinely looks years away from being at a level that's useful to us. I agree a loan makes more sense right now, but I have a feeling he'll be one of those that'll either want a genuine role here next season or he'll ask to move elsewhere permanently. 

7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Richarlison?  Really?  Oh dear, we can't be that desperate :-(

Oh yes we can be.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Each case has to be taken on it's own merit though - just being young is not enough to warrant you a chance. If TT agrees with my assessment of Broja then you have to take the cash. 

Edited by FrankLampard8