Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

ROTG   
8 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

And I never thought I'd say this, ever, but let's hope we get Sterling in as soon as possible.

I really hope not.

We need to be realistic here none of our main rivals have brought players of each other because there are as good or better for less money.

Sterling is disaster waiting to happen, he wants out of Chitty because allegedly lack of playing minutes. He’s almost telling any team who signs him play me or else.

The coach managed to loan out punted one problem child, let’s not replace him with another.

your original assessment of Sterling is correct, he’s crap, not world class and certainly not worth £60m 

Edited by ROTG

Ruudboy   
38 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

There has got to be a song based on "Echo Beach" for Eddie Beach.

"Eddie Beach, he knows what to do

Eddie Beach,  wearing Chelsea blue" (repeat)?

Ham   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Eddie Beach on the halfway line 

Eddie Beach on the halfway line

(Sweeper keeper)

The only thing that helps me pass the time away

Is knowing I'll be watching Eddie Beach some day🎶

Or

Eddie Beach, he watched the ball go by 🎶

Edited by Ham
Typo
  • Haha 1

It appears we are on the horns of a dilemma with regards to the mooted signing of Sterling .

Many , like me for instance, think he's garbage.

Many , like me again , think Tuchel should be at the very least , given enough rope to hang himself and have a much louder voice in who we sign. 

It's going to be tougher than I thought.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Sterling is rubbish, but he has the lowest level of technical ability of all the forwards who has played for Pep. His signing would be typical of the mistakes that we have been making  thinking that is good enough for us.

He really is a very one dimensional pace merchant who's bread and butter is tap ins set up by talented team mates. And then there's his questionable attitude and demands about playing time.

He would be a terrible signing and I have no doubt we'd be looking to move him on as quickly as we did with Lukaku.

ROTG   
48 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It appears we are on the horns of a dilemma with regards to the mooted signing of Sterling .

Many , like me for instance, think he's garbage.

Many , like me again , think Tuchel should be at the very least , given enough rope to hang himself and have a much louder voice in who we sign. 

It's going to be tougher than I thought.

You missed out buying him for £60m covers the money Chitty paid for Haaland. 

Ham   

If it was a choice between Sterling and Richarlison at this stage, I'd take the latter even though I'm not a fan at all. He's a bit more rambunctious in the style of a Costa than little Raheem. 

50 minutes ago, Ham said:

If it was a choice between Sterling and Richarlison at this stage, I'd take the latter even though I'm not a fan at all. He's a bit more rambunctious in the style of a Costa than little Raheem. 

Yes , me too .

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I'd rather we keep hold of our money and wait until we can find a player that will significantly improve a position, rather than blow it on one who's the least worse of a couple who are not of the level we need.