Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Rumour that us and Utd are after Liverpool's transfer mastermind Michael Edwards. He certainly knows his onions and would be a great signing, but I just can't see him leaving Liverpool.

16 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Rumour that us and Utd are after Liverpool's transfer mastermind Michael Edwards. He certainly knows his onions and would be a great signing, but I just can't see him leaving Liverpool.

He's already left Liverpool , he's deciding on his future and whether it's too soon to go back into football

16 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

It was announced a while back that he was leaving at the end of the (2021-22) season - hence stories of interest in him.

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's already left Liverpool , he's deciding on his future and whether it's too soon to go back into football

Any idea why he quit the job? Seems like an odd time to quit when things are going so well for the club and him being highly praised for the work he's done there. 

City are going after Cucurella. We have to give that a shot surely. We are in desperate need of cover for Chilly and Reece and he would be perfect. 

8 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Any idea why he quit the job? Seems like an odd time to quit when things are going so well for the club and him being highly praised for the work he's done there. 

Don't know but I think he left a fair while ago. Maybe the pressure got to him?

11 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

He didn't give a reason, but he's been in the job for over 10 years so I'm guessing - especially given he doesn't seem overly keen on doing a similar job at Utd or Chelsea - that he fancies a change of direction.

6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

City are going after Cucurella. We have to give that a shot surely. We are in desperate need of cover for Chilly and Reece and he would be perfect. 

City will be of greater interest given the very strong probability of him being first choice there.

Mendy is, er... not available, and it looks like Zinchenko will be allowed to leave. So it's between him and a 32 year old right back for the left back spot.

xCELERYx   
7 hours ago, ROTG said:

I really hope not.

We need to be realistic here none of our main rivals have brought players of each other because there are as good or better for less money.

Sterling is disaster waiting to happen, he wants out of Chitty because allegedly lack of playing minutes. He’s almost telling any team who signs him play me or else.

The coach managed to loan out punted one problem child, let’s not replace him with another.

your original assessment of Sterling is correct, he’s crap, not world class and certainly not worth £60m 

Why wouldn't a player of his calibre want to be playing regularly? I don't see that sort of a demand as a bad thing. Not as if any sane player is going to leave Man City just to take up a lesser role elsewhere on most likely less money.