Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

ROTG   
1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

I agree, there's other issues that need addressing first and I've said this before. That said, both Sterling or a Richarlison aren't fully fledged strikers and can play in those wider/attacking midfield areas. So, if we are going to be shipping off a Ziyech, Pulisic or whoever then we're likely to see someone of this nature come in.

As for Broja I've said my piece on him already and don't think he's the solution in any capacity, nor understand the weird level of hype around him. 

Don’t think there is any hype with Broja, and I am not expecting him to play every game. Given his size etc, he would be a useful squad member and give TT a plan be. If he gets 10 goals in the PL that a job done better than the £100m man did. 

My bigger concern is TT doesn’t like gangly target men. Tammy come to mind.

IMO Cavarni is the band aid striker the club needs for the coming season.  He’s not bad in the PL, however his experience in European is second to none, and I expect he might be tempted to sign a years contract at ~£150k per week. 

Edited by ROTG
The likes of Havertz might learn and awful lot off a player like Cavarni

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Why would any top team want to buy their rivals rejects?

I wouldn't call the players City are selling rejects. They are top tier Starting XI players, but it's just the reality that they can't hoard players of this quality as squad/rotation players, the players want more playing time and so the inevitable happens and they become available. 

9 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Why would he possibly choose us over City though? Not only are City better than us but he has essentially no competition for being the first choice left back there.

I didn't realise he was primed for a starting spot there, my error. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

IMO Cavarni is the band aid striker the club needs for the coming season.  He’s not bad in the PL, however his experience in European is second to none, and I expect he might be tempted to sign a years contract at ~£150k per week. 

I flirted with this idea yesterday, but it feels like we'd just be repeating the same mistakes we have had in the past with older strikers. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

RDCW   
2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Only problem is the current scouting network is probably the one he put in place before his departure

Also didn't he try and get Lukaku back before ManUre stepped in - I'll get my coat

You leave your coat where it is. Emenalo, no thanks.

Edited by RDCW

32 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Don’t think there is any hype with Broja, and I am not expecting him to play every game. Given his size etc, he would be a useful squad member and give TT a plan be. If he gets 10 goals in the PL that a job done better than the £100m man did. 

I don't back him to score 10 PL goals in the amount of minutes he would get here. 10 goals total maybe.

8 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Then you'll have people pissing and moaning about sitting on our hands and doing nothing.

While I agree with the general idea of waiting for right option that'll improve us, we're not really in the position to be doing that given the floundering nature of our attack over the past two to three seasons with this group. A Sterling or Richarlison may not be the end game solution but they're both more productive players than those we have in the same areas, so in a sense they would technically be an improvement. 

Also we're limited to what's available in the market. Which doesn't bode the same talent levels of previous generations, so it's sort of getting the best of what's out there and genuinely obtainable. Sterling I'm on the fence about, but I'd take a Richarlison, Raphinha or even both right now. None are perfect, but I'd rather see some proactiveness than going through another season with what we currently have. 

Boehly likes the way Liverpool go about their business something which has been further underlined by his approach to bring in Michael Edwards.

Signing the likes of Sterling would be more of the same - nothing beyond just signing random players who we think are decent and can afford. Utd have been doing the same too and also got nowhere near winning the title.

This approach has lead us to having a midfield and attack made up of players who do not compliment eachother. Carrying on this way will only slow down real progress.

Why Klopp and Michael Edwards have been so clever in the transfer market is because they did not try and rush things along. Instead of looking at and signing random players, Klopp only wants players who fit his system. Only wants players who tick all the technical and physical boxes needed to play for his team, irrespective of price tag. If a player doesn't tick the boxes then they don't sign him and go and look at another player. A very simple but very effective way of building a good team, but one that needs to be given time. I'd rather we go down this road than carry on with the way we've been buying players 

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Boehly likes the way Liverpool go about their business something which has been further underlined by his approach to bring in Michael Edwards.

Signing the likes of Sterling would be more of the same - nothing beyond just signing random players who we think are decent and can afford. Utd have been doing the same too and also got nowhere near winning the title.

This approach has lead us to having a midfield and attack made up of players who do not compliment eachother. Carrying on this way will only slow down real progress.

Why Klopp and Michael Edwards have been so clever in the transfer market is because they did not try and rush things along. Instead of looking at and signing random players, Klopp only wants players who fit his system. Only wants players who tick all the technical and physical boxes needed to play for his team, irrespective of price tag. If a player doesn't tick the boxes then they don't sign him and go and look at another player. A very simple but very effective way of building a good team, but one that needs to be given time. I'd rather we go down this road than carry on with the way we've been buying players 

I think we all want this but apparently Tuchel wants Sterling so ...

22 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I don't back him to score 10 PL goals in the amount of minutes he would get here. 10 goals total maybe.

We need to just give him a shot as a backup and see how it goes. I don't think Spurs intended to actively use Harry Kane as the main striker when he started breaking into the team, but he proved himself and the rest is history. 

Reece James is the same albeit in a different position. There no guarantees he would become what he now is when he first started breaking in. 

NKunku has re-signed with Leipzig until 2026 so you can update your list @Bob Singleton