Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

23 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

Since Todd is now, owner, chairman and in charge of transfers, is he going to take over as manager and even play himself up front?

I don't think it's looking good

Not only that Simon Johnson (all things to do with Chelsea), was saying the other night, that the 200 million war chest wasn't in fact that.

it included players Sold,which could mean only 50 million

... it means that when a club and/or player and/or agent is approached, they know that they are dealing with the main man and that the discussions are serious. I think it's looking better than good.

As for the £200m, I think most people assumed it would be £x "cash" + £y from sales ≈ £200m, so nothing new there.

1 minute ago, Erland Johnson said:

We move Lukaku on but, we're not in for Jesus.  Doesn't really make sense unless we have an alternative such as Nkunku lined up.  Or maybe Tuchel has decided that Havertz will be the focal point.

Nkunku just signed  2 year contract extension this morning, so he can be crossed off everyone's 'wish list' for now

7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Nkunku just signed  2 year contract extension this morning, so he can be crossed off everyone's 'wish list' for now

Maybe it will be broja havetrz and Werner. Wouldn't be too unhappy with those options.  Werner is a confidence player and might thrive with Lukaku out of the way. The back end of the previous season we were arguably the best around with these players. Hope Tuchel has a plan.

12 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

We move Lukaku on but, we're not in for Jesus.  Doesn't really make sense unless we have an alternative such as Nkunku lined up.  Or maybe Tuchel has decided that Havertz will be the focal point.

Am I the only one who would rather play Kai upfront than Jesus? Kai has sky high potential and I really believe striker will be his position. I don't really see Jesus as a big improvment on what we have but I could be totally wrong.

26 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Am I the only one who would rather play Kai upfront than Jesus? Kai has sky high potential and I really believe striker will be his position. I don't really see Jesus as a big improvment on what we have but I could be totally wrong.

I think we'll be giving up on the static centre forward idea and going back to the mobile front three we used to win the CL - and which came back into fashion towards the end of the season. I don't see any reason to spend money on someone that isn't a definite starter up front. If we don't sign anyone Broja might get a go at being part of the squad.

59 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

As I stated in my next comment I would be happy to go back to the attack that led us to the Champions league. But if we are looking at another striker then it doesn't make sense as to why we didn't go for Jesus - I think he would fit our style of play.  A few new faces in Broja and Sterling (Assuming that Ziyech or Pulisic are on the way out) and I would be happy that we can compete. I still rate Werner.  Ziyech, I think has a questionable attitude and is maybe not good for the dressing room and Pulisic just hasn't been the same since injury(before that he was set to take Hazards throne).  Obviously, centre-back is the priority. If only we could add Joao Felix.

31 minutes ago, Everyonesallowedanopinion said:

According to some sources, some senior players want Richarlison to join because of his combativeness. I have to say, every time I've seen a forumite disparage him for being a kn*b (or whatever) I've thought, "you'd love it if he was in Chelsea blue, though"  There's a bit of the Costa about him. I'd be happy with Raphina, too. Indeed, of all the attackers we've most been linked to (Dembele, Sterling Jesus being the others) those are my preferred two.