Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Richarlison averages a goal every three games, playing for a particularly poor side who have been nothing short of a disaster the last few years.

I haven't seen that much of him at Everton but I really wanted us to sign him from Watford, I thought he had the potential to go and play for one of the really big clubs and do well for himself.

I would be all for his signing and Sterling's, even though I personally  don't rate him it's pretty obvious, if the rumours are to be believed what Tuchel is trying to do with our front three.

I also like the fact that they are both Pricks, we are far too nice as a team and could do with a few like them.

Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Richarlison and Sterling can all play out wide or through the middle and yes some might not like Sterling as a 'false 9' but they are all able to play there or make up a very fluid front line if played together.

The most interesting thing with all these links, for me is what happens to Mount. I'm convinced he will end up as a cm but would need the right players alongside him and we have the perfect players to help him move into that role and it means we don't have to try and find a top class cm, of whom there are very few, much like the lack of strikers in today's game there is a lack of any genuine world class players in pretty much every position.

Also with us loosing almost our entire back line the chances of continuing with a back 5 are slim in my opinion and with Gallagher coming back I don't see why we wouldn't want a three man midfield 

RDCW   
2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

According to some sources, some senior players want Richarlison to join because of his combativeness. I have to say, every time I've seen a forumite disparage him for being a kn*b (or whatever) I've thought, "you'd love it if he was in Chelsea blue, though"  There's a bit of the Costa about him. I'd be happy with Raphina, too. Indeed, of all the attackers we've most been linked to (Dembele, Sterling Jesus being the others) those are my preferred two.

I'm not buying the bogus Costa equivalence; he's not a patch on Costa, either as a player  or as a menace, and no, I wouldn't like him in Chelsea blue. His antics are more to do with diving and cheating than intimidating and dominating.

I can get behind the idea of Raphina  or indeed Sterling, or Dembele.

I guess we'll know soon enough which one, if any, it will be.

Ham   
27 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I'm not buying the bogus Costa equivalence; he's not a patch on Costa, either as a player  or as a menace, and no, I wouldn't like him in Chelsea blue. His antics are more to do with diving and cheating than intimidating and dominating.

I can get behind the idea of Raphina  or indeed Sterling, or Dembele.

I guess we'll know soon enough which one, if any, it will be.

I'm not convinced there's much between Richarlison and Broja although I think the latter might have a higher ceiling.

Buying Richarlison would likely block any path for Broja. 

I'd keep the Richarlison money for someone else. 

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

I'm not convinced there's much between Richarlison and Broja although I think the latter might have a higher ceiling.

Buying Richarlison would likely block any path for Broja. 

I'd keep the Richarlison money for someone else. 

Richarlison is a better player than Broja at this point in time, it's not even close to be fair. Excluding the fact that Richarlison can also play in the wide or attacking midfield areas, even just as a forward he provides more overall generally speaking and that's also evident in terms of xG and alike (if that's your thing). 

Broja is the better out and out striker however, but we seem to be drifting away from that sort of player in favour of a more interchangeable and versatile frontline trio. 

The issue with Broja is that he's such a complete non-factor in many of the important areas we sort of want from our forward. He's got no passing or link-up game (he's statistically in some of the lowest percentiles when it comes to passing and ball-usage), has serious tunnel vision around goal, is a creative black hole for anyone but himself (queue the tunnel vision), along with limited involvement or impact within general play outside winning a the odd header for a flick-on or knock-down. His greatest asset is arguably his mobility and willingness to press for a striker, on top of his technical ability to fashion shooting space. 

He also looked genuinely woeful during the second half of the season. Maybe in a better team he'd provide a bit more, but he needs some serious spike in development to iron out the majority of his short falls. 

Kezza   

People have got to calm down on their narrative on Borja. He’s no Mount, or even RLC. He’s probably a Mikael Forssell. 

Ro61   

I see no point in comparing Sterling,Broja or richarlison,they are not the players we need.

We have lost two centre backs,and are still weak as water in midfield.My priority  would be a centre back and a tough no nonsense midfielder to start with.

I have said many times Mount needs to drop deeper until we have a midfield that can compete.Mount is a creator and a goal threat. Pushing him forward is a waste of his talents that we need desperately at the moment.

If we sign Sterling it says to me we have learned nothing.It has to be Tuchel's call because boehly knows nowt or very little about football(soccer).

If we sign Sterling,or any other expensive forward player  I fear for Tuchel if he was responsible.

11 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I also like the fact that they are both Pricks, we are far too nice as a team and could do with a few like them.

I was so-so on Richarlison, but this has sold me. I want us to have that pantomime villain energy again on the pitch. We are pantomime villains in the heads of oppo fans and the media, but certainly not on the pitch in reality. 

ROTG   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I see no point in comparing Sterling,Broja or richarlison,they are not the players we need.

Spot On. 

Until the coach makes it obvious to all his tactics formation which has not happened in the last 18 months. Then as fan we could have a better idea of the type of players required. Excluding the bloody obvious shortfalls in Defensive and midfield areas. 

2 hours ago, Ro61 said:

If we sign Sterling it says to me we have learned nothing.It has to be Tuchel's call because boehly knows nowt or very little about football(soccer).

If we sign Sterling,or any other expensive forward player  I fear for Tuchel if he was responsible.

I am starting to come around a little bit on Sterling for the right price to be honest. I don't see this as us repeating old mistakes. The guy is 27 - he isn't washed up and looking for one last pay check. He could easily stay at City, win trophies and take a big pay check but he wants to come here and play.

If we can sell a Ziyech, Pulisc or Werner for £25-35m depending on who it is and bring in Sterling for around £45m, I see that as an upgrade. Whether we like it or not Sterling has been doing it consistently in this league for years now and I can't see where you get an equivelent winger for that money. 

Obviously, if City stick to their guns and want £60m plus then the deal isn't a goer for me but I'm willing to give him a chance if he comes.

Edited by FrankLampard8

ROTG   
16 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:
3 hours ago, Ro61 said:

I am starting to come around a little bit on Sterling for the right price to be honest. I don't see this as us repeating old mistakes. The guy is 27 - he isn't washed up and looking for one last pay check. He could easily stay at City, win trophies and take a big pay check but he wants to come here and play.

Strange how no other top PL or European teams are linked to him, which clearly sums up his worth.