Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

RDCW   
9 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Strange how no other top PL or European teams are linked to him, which clearly sums up his worth. 

The truth is we don't know for sure whether anyone is interested in him or not, including Chelsea! Of all the top sides we are the most in need of a decent forward and he would be an upgrade on any of our current crop.

We need a couple of central defenders, a full back, a defensive midfielder and a playmaker as well as a proper striker, though, so Sterling, as a winger/old-fashioned inside forward, is not a top priority. 

If TT is already confident that we have those others in the pipeline, including some balancing departures, then Sterling would be a good addition.

25 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Strange how no other top PL or European teams are linked to him, which clearly sums up his worth. 

I have seen current European Champions Real Madrid, Barcelona and Spurs all linked in recent days. Nevermind the fact that maybe he has clear ideas of what he wants... maybe he wants to stay in the PL... maybe as I've seen reported, he is keen to move back to London... Maybe the pool of teams that can afford him isn't actually that big...

RDCW   
1 minute ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I have seen current European Champions Real Madrid, Barcelona and Spurs all linked in recent days. Nevermind the fact that maybe he has clear ideas of what he wants... maybe he wants to stay in the PL... maybe as I've seen reported, he is keen to move back to London... Maybe the pool of teams that can afford him isn't actually that big...

All true.

For Broja, I'd park him on the bench, bring him on when games are won or we need some sort of impact, and play him in the League Cup/Champions League dead rubbers.

If he's done alright (5/6 goals by the new year) and he's happy with his role, then all good. If it's been a disaster, then we act.

8 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

For Broja, I'd park him on the bench, bring him on when games are won or we need some sort of impact, and play him in the League Cup/Champions League dead rubbers.

If he's done alright (5/6 goals by the new year) and he's happy with his role, then all good. If it's been a disaster, then we act.

Like you I would keep him, sick and tired of us letting players go on loan or selling them without giving them a chance, we need at least 2 strikers

Newcastle are lining up a bid for him

So we are chasing Raphina, Richarleson and Jesus (if what has been reported is true), We will proberbly lose out on all of those, because once again it's taking us forever to even make an offer, Tottenham are buying players as are Arsenal

Realistically, I don't see all of the issues that everyone wants solved being fixed this window. Hopefully Nkunku staying means Gvardiol might be up for sale. Someone like him and Kounde would likely cost £100m between them. Say we bring in Sterling for £45-50m and his signing is offset by an attacking outgoing.

We will likely see a couple of smaller, squad players going out of the door as well to bring in a modest amount. I could see that leaving enough for a cheap, rotational full back like the links to Clauss.

If we want to do more than that some difficult decisions will have to be made - can we capitalise on interest in Broja to bring in £25-30m? Do you take £30-35m for Gallagher? They may never be worth more than right now. What sort of loss would be willing to take on Kepa to get him out of the door? Does anyone want Kante and at what price would we deal?

The centre half exodus really has limited our options this window and to make things worse we will probably need another one next summer with Silva another year older.

17 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Realistically, I don't see all of the issues that everyone wants solved being fixed this window. Hopefully Nkunku staying means Gvardiol might be up for sale. Someone like him and Kounde would likely cost £100m between them. Say we bring in Sterling for £45-50m and his signing is offset by an attacking outgoing.

We will likely see a couple of smaller, squad players going out of the door as well to bring in a modest amount. I could see that leaving enough for a cheap, rotational full back like the links to Clauss.

If we want to do more than that some difficult decisions will have to be made - can we capitalise on interest in Broja to bring in £25-30m? Do you take £30-35m for Gallagher? They may never be worth more than right now. What sort of loss would be willing to take on Kepa to get him out of the door? Does anyone want Kante and at what price would we deal?

The centre half exodus really has limited our options this window and to make things worse we will probably need another one next summer with Silva another year older.

Added to all of those issues.

We have no idea what level Chilwell wi be at next season, so if Alonso leaves and Chilwell isn't able to get back to his previous level, we would need two more left backs as well.

I'm not over keen on Gallagher, but he's another one I want to see given a chance before we think about selling him.

I would take whatever we can get for Kepa. His form did get better again and he's a decent enough keeper to get something like 25m for him.

Kezza   
1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

People are never truly contented that they have a chance of signing a player until Real, Barca, City are involved and then suddenly the player is good enough. Very strange. If that were to happen we’d never sign any players with those clubs involved. 

6 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I would take whatever we can get for Kepa. His form did get better again and he's a decent enough keeper to get something like 25m for him.

Is he though? Nick Pope is going for £10m and I'm not sure many PL clubs would choose Kepa over him with the wages he'd command.