Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

chelboy   

So it looks like Ziyech is leaving and we might be offering Werner out too? I would have been happy with just Lukaku and Pulisic leaving but Werner and Ziyech seems like a mistake imo. I would keep both of those this season. Ziyech is our second best creator which is pretty good considering his mins and in a team that doesn’t create a lot of quality chances I wouldn’t exactly be letting him go. I really hope we don’t keep Pulisic over Werner and Ziyech. They offer more than Pulisic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
13 minutes ago, chelboy said:

So it looks like Ziyech is leaving and we might be offering Werner out too? I would have been happy with just Lukaku and Pulisic leaving but Werner and Ziyech seems like a mistake imo. I would keep both of those this season. Ziyech is our second best creator which is pretty good considering his mins and in a team that doesn’t create a lot of quality chances I wouldn’t exactly be letting him go. I really hope we don’t keep Pulisic over Werner and Ziyech. They offer more than Pulisic. 

They’re all much of a muchness to be honest and my view changes on them all the time. 

I think you could make arguments for each on whether you prefer outright pace, dribbling ability or creativity etc but in the cold light of day, they’ve all been here 2 or 3 seasons and haven’t really produced consistently.  

I suspect Tuchel is pretty indifferent too, and the 1 or 2 who leave will be the ones that really push to go and the ones we get a suitable offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the rumours and where they’re coming from, it sounds like we’ll be bringing in 5/6 players and those players are likely to include Kounde, De Ligt, Sterling and Richarlison and Werner and Ziyech will be joining Lukaku in departing.

If this is the case, I think that resolves the defensive gaps, although we still need a back up for James, so hopefully that will come in the other 2.

I’m not sure Sterling and Richarlison resolve our lack of goals though and not a lot will until we sort out the midfield and I’m very concerned that we haven’t been linked with any creative midfielders at all recently… maybe that’s the one that will come out of the blue.

I would expect things to get busy at our club next week, I think they’ll start stepping up the transfer game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
16 minutes ago, Rob B said:

They’re all much of a muchness to be honest and my view changes on them all the time. 

I think you could make arguments for each on whether you prefer outright pace, dribbling ability or creativity etc but in the cold light of day, they’ve all been here 2 or 3 seasons and haven’t really produced consistently.  

I suspect Tuchel is pretty indifferent too, and the 1 or 2 who leave will be the ones that really push to go and the ones we get a suitable offer. 

That’s true I guess. But to lose three in the same window is a bit risky. That could be too much change happening. 
 

10 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It looks like Arsenal have him, but wow I didn't realise his starting stats were this good, night and day difference:

image.thumb.png.d9ca3e18eb526ddb5ed3712042f60c39.png

Pretty good stats. Plays for a team that suits his game so well in City. I think he may struggle at Arsenal tbh, Arteta knows his game though so it could work out. Arsenal are building quite a creative team with Saka, Odergard and Veira. They are also in for Tielemans apparently. They will be quite a good passing team next season. Luckily they have a poor defence though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports of De Ligt for £38 plus Werner. Out of the forwards linked with a move away Werner would be the one I would be happiest about staying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Reports of De Ligt for £38 plus Werner. Out of the forwards linked with a move away Werner would be the one I would be happiest about staying.

Problem being he's probably the least happy about staying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   
47 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Based on the rumours and where they’re coming from, it sounds like we’ll be bringing in 5/6 players and those players are likely to include Kounde, De Ligt, Sterling and Richarlison and Werner and Ziyech will be joining Lukaku in departing.

If this is the case, I think that resolves the defensive gaps, although we still need a back up for James, so hopefully that will come in the other 2.

I’m not sure Sterling and Richarlison resolve our lack of goals though and not a lot will until we sort out the midfield and I’m very concerned that we haven’t been linked with any creative midfielders at all recently… maybe that’s the one that will come out of the blue.

I would expect things to get busy at our club next week, I think they’ll start stepping up the transfer game.

We need Rice in that mix. Our central midfield is becoming stale and unimaginative with Jorgi, Kovacic and Kante. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now