Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ro61   
21 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Silly stuff mate. He did have his limitations (slow to turn, not always positionally perfect), but he also had strengths (good tackler, good with the ball, reasonable distributor.....). If you call Matic absolute crap you really have nowhere to go with Bakayoko!

There we go!.one mans meat is another mans sipping broth!.

chelboy   
6 hours ago, Ro61 said:

I can't see how height matters,except in the centre of defense and maybe set pieces. 

It seems like a Mourhino concept,one of many of his  that made no sense.

I don't particularly like tall midfielders or tall wing/full backs.I would rather have lower centre of gravity players in those positions that are fast and good on the ball.

It’s not only set pieces where it matters. 50/50 aerial duels/physical duels come into play a lot in this league. If you are weak at those in the midfield and defence then teams can go direct against you and get at you easily. 

1 hour ago, Ro61 said:

Matic is absolute crap - another Jorginho only taller.

He was crucial to our last two PL titles. Kind of says a lot that we haven’t come close to a PL title since he left and we still haven’t replaced him five years on. I would take a prime Matic right now. 

xCELERYx   
3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Does anyone else think that Havertz can really do well as a striker along the mould of Berbatov or Ibra. He’s got the ability to effortlessly put the ball in the net when the ball does go in. 

Not really, no. Berbatov and Ibrahimovic, while just better players generally speaking, also had the creativity, finishing, and intelligence to go along with their more nonchalant play styles. Was actually watching some Berbatov clips the other day actually and looking back he didn't get enough plaudits for just how good he was. 

Havertz for me while talented doesn't particularly excel in any given area, at least not just yet anyway. That could change in the coming years if he nails down a position and hones a couple key areas of his game.

• Like 1

My Manchester Utd mate says chelsea have enquired about a possible straight  swap deal involving martial for zyeich . Don’t really rate either of them to be honest 

Kezza   

I think Havertz do need to develop more in upper body strength to be close to Berbatov and Ibra. 

Sciatika   

Just been watching our goals for last season and the thing that sticks out is that each player had a run of form followed by a gap. I had forgotten how many Lukaku scored at the start but also Ziyech, James, Chilwell, Alonso and Mount all had periods when they seemed to score every week. Pulisic and Werner too. Havertz, however, seemed to be more consistent than I had remembered.

ROTG   
8 hours ago, Ro61 said:

Matic is absolute crap

He never stood in the right place?

1 hour ago, Aussie1979 said:

My Manchester Utd mate says chelsea have enquired about a possible straight  swap deal involving martial for zyeich . Don’t really rate either of them to be honest 

also Ronaldo to Chelsea rumour too

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Just been watching our goals for last season and the thing that sticks out is that each player had a run of form followed by a gap. I had forgotten how many Lukaku scored at the start but also Ziyech, James, Chilwell, Alonso and Mount all had periods when they seemed to score every week. Pulisic and Werner too. Havertz, however, seemed to be more consistent than I had remembered.

James and Chilly were taking the piss with theur scoring rate back when we were top for 2 months. I think Chilly was on a 5 game run or something when he got injured. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussie1979 said:

Wishful thinking , Martial is done ,.was loaned to Seville ,.barely played due to "injury" and got one goal ,.we'd be insane to go for that deal or for that matter help United in any way.