Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

22 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Juve have rebuffed the player plus cash for De Ligt. Not keen on Pulisic or Werner.

Looks like it’s back on. Cash plus Werner for De Ligt…

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2022/06/juventus-ok-chelsea-convinced-they-can-close-swap-deal/

I have no idea about De Ligt’s strengths and weaknesses.  But he appears to be our first choice for a new centre back. 

chelboy   
50 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Not me!

I'd much rather we wait until we identify exactly the players we need to start building a title challenging team, rather than throw £50-60m on players of the level  who'll do no more than help us fight for top four. 

Tbh, the only player we've been linked with so far who remotely excites me is Dembele, and with his injury record even he'd be a bit of a punt. 

Even though I am not a big fan of Richarlison I have a strange feeling he could be quite good here. Out of all our targets so far he suits what TT would like. Dembele would struggle with the amount of running needed in this league. He would be more injured than Pulisic. Having three injury prone wingers in CHO, Pulisic and Dembele would be a bit silly.

Sterling, Richarlison and Raphina who we are linked with are all very good athletes with PL experience and complete a lot of sprints per game with a good injury record.  I wouldn’t say any of them are technically amazing with Raphina being the best in that department but to me it looks like TT wants attackers that can do a lot of running. Slightly disappointed we haven’t gone in for Bowen as I think he’s the best wide attacker outside of the top six. 

39 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Looks like it’s back on. Cash plus Werner for De Ligt…

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2022/06/juventus-ok-chelsea-convinced-they-can-close-swap-deal/

I have no idea about De Ligt’s strengths and weaknesses.  But he appears to be our first choice for a new centre back. 

I was impressed by him as a teenager at Ajax but must admit I haven't seen loads of him since. I would have thought he would be more suited to the Thiago Silva role rather than left/right in a 3 where he could get pulled in to wide areas... but that could be completely unfair. 

15 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Even though I am not a big fan of Richarlison I have a strange feeling he could be quite good here. Out of all our targets so far he suits what TT would like. Dembele would struggle with the amount of running needed in this league. He would be more injured than Pulisic. Having three injury prone wingers in CHO, Pulisic and Dembele would be a bit silly.

Sterling, Richarlison and Raphina who we are linked with are all very good athletes with PL experience and complete a lot of sprints per game with a good injury record.  I wouldn’t say any of them are technically amazing with Raphina being the best in that department but to me it looks like TT wants attackers that can do a lot of running. Slightly disappointed we haven’t gone in for Bowen as I think he’s the best wide attacker outside of the top six. 

I can see the argument for Richarlison uping his level f he is surrounded by better players than he has been at Everton. Cantona did just that when he left Leeds for Utd. 

Sterling is a huge no no for me! He wouldn't get a fraction of the kind of easy chances City players laid on a plate for him, so all he'd give us is a bit more direct pace, which simply isn't enough to help take us to the level we want to reach.

Daily Mail (at 17:03BST) have us as having now made an official approach to Man City for Sterling. However, the story has a joint byline from reporters I've never really heard of before. On the other hand, the usually reliable Ben Jacobs tweeted an hour earlier that whilst no contact had yet been made, both clubs and the player were looking for the deal to happen.

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 17-30-06 Ben Jacobs on Twitter.png

40 days until the season kicks off against Everton away. 

Not a signing in sight. 

The only rumour that seems somewhat credible are the ones surrounding Sterling and Dembele. None of them excites me much and are quite obviously not going to cut it for us. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Ham   
Just now, Sleeping Dave said:

40 days until the season kicks off against Everton away. 

Not a signing in sight. 

Richarlison hat trick. 0-3 Chelsea. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Also from Ben Jacobs, regarding Dembélé

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 17-37-21 Ben Jacobs on Twitter.png

That’s interesting. His “wage demands” is usually code for he’s trying to get a better deal from Barca. Maybe there’s more truth to the Raphinha to Chelsea rumours then. 

Edited by Original 21